• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luongo

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
apropos again

BDBRdDDCUAIMaeA.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he buy his own contract out?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Bobby Lou, I'm pretty pissed at Gillis right about now.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Bobby Lou, I'm pretty pissed at Gillis right about now.

As pissed as gillis was when luongo killed the trade to toronto last summer?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luongo holds out
Team suspends him
By "mutual accord" contract can be voided
Canucks put him on $125 waivers

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As pissed as gillis was when luongo killed the trade to toronto last summer?

Do we know for sure he killed the trade to Toronto? I thought according to you that he was headed to Florida (or as least that his agent told him that Florida was coming hard after him). Even ignoring all that, Gillis has been asked repeatedly whether or not Bobby Lou would be with the Canucks this upcoming season and Gillis said he couldn't see a situation where that would happen. Who knows, Bo Horvat could turn out to be a good NHL player down the road, but that's not a very good return for Cory Schneider. Put it this way, if Feaster makes that kind of trade, he would get roasted.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know for sure he killed the trade to Toronto? I thought according to you that he was headed to Florida (or as least that his agent told him that Florida was coming hard after him). Even ignoring all that, Gillis has been asked repeatedly whether or not Bobby Lou would be with the Canucks this upcoming season and Gillis said he couldn't see a situation where that would happen. Who knows, Bo Horvat could turn out to be a good NHL player down the road, but that's not a very good return for Cory Schneider. Put it this way, if Feaster makes that kind of trade, he would get roasted.

I don't know.

The goalie market has been weak for a number of years now. Getting the 9th overall pick is not too shabby, IMO. It's not like Schneider has accomplished ALL that much. He's still a bit of a question mark.

I agree that Gillis has fucked the situation up on a number of levels but the end result isn't that bad.Who knows, I might just be saying this because the last year or so has made me skeptical of Schneider's long term viability as a #1 goalie.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Who knows, Bo Horvat could turn out to be a good NHL player down the road, but that's not a very good return for Cory Schneider. Put it this way, if Feaster makes that kind of trade, he would get roasted.

in terms of major pieces, so far it's Hodgson + Schneider for Kassian + Horvat.

Though we were dealt a shitty hand by:
1) the league changing the rules on already-deemed-legal contracts, and
2) Hodgson being a bitch

a lot of things have to go right for us to come out on the winning side of that.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really want to talk about being dealt a shitty hand by the league because of contracts?!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO gillis is going beyond just being a bad GM with this stuff.. i feel like you gotta talk to your guys before you do something like this.. schnieder found out watching the draft.. that's pretty unprofessional IMO

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Lou sworn the other GM to secrecy... Surprised Bettman allowed that

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

The goalie market has been weak for a number of years now. Getting the 9th overall pick is not too shabby, IMO. It's not like Schneider has accomplished ALL that much. He's still a bit of a question mark.

I agree that Gillis has fucked the situation up on a number of levels but the end result isn't that bad.Who knows, I might just be saying this because the last year or so has made me skeptical of Schneider's long term viability as a #1 goalie.

It's tough for Gillis to come out ahead because now Schneider will have a year of working with the (statistically) best goalie who ever lived and the Devils always play a tight fundamental game. In three years he will be one of, if not the, best goalie in the league. He will likely win a cup before it's all done. Horvat can do anything short of eclipsing a Gretzky record and seem bad by comparison.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for all of you who said Luongo would get us NOTHING for his value. a big phat raspberry to you all. he fetched us a 9th overall pick for the sole reason of not being trade-able.... HAH boy were you all wrong...

:gaah:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Botchford was saying it since last june and lebrun posted a story on espn.com saying florida and toronto had offers for luongo at last years draft. Fla's was junk compared to torontos and lupien told luongo to wait because a better offer was coming. It never did. Im not the "source" on this ... Ask botchford on twitter for the source

this is a mess ... Gillis has made brutal missteps (aka all the public comments that luongo was a goner) but im chalking alot of this up to aquilini waffling and micromanaging. Him flying to miami to tell luongo they were keeping him at the last second before the crampy deal got announced is all the proof i need in who is pulling the strings here

Varlamov got washington a first and a second and gillis can only gey a first for crampy???

Best case scenario is horvat becomes ryan o reilly sooner than later (but oh noes ... Feaster will be coming with a 6.5 mill offersheet after his elc is done )

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Botchford was saying it since last june and lebrun posted a story on espn.com saying florida and toronto had offers for luongo at last years draft. Fla's was junk compared to torontos and lupien told luongo to wait because a better offer was coming. It never did. Im not the "source" on this ... Ask botchford on twitter for the source

this is a mess ... Gillis has made brutal missteps (aka all the public comments that luongo was a goner) but im chalking alot of this up to aquilini waffling and micromanaging. Him flying to miami to tell luongo they were keeping him at the last second before the crampy deal got announced is all the proof i need in who is pulling the strings here

Varlamov got washington a first and a second and gillis can only gey a first for crampy???

Best case scenario is horvat becomes ryan o reilly sooner than later (but oh noes ... Feaster will be coming with a 6.5 mill offersheet after his elc is done )

Didn't they say during the draft that Edmonton offered a 1st, 2nd & a prospect for Schneider? Gillis refused to trade him within the division. I can understand that descision to.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they say during the draft that Edmonton offered a 1st, 2nd & a prospect for Schneider? Gillis refused to trade him within the division. I can understand that descision to.

So Gillis cut off his nose to spite his face. That will certainly smooth things over with the fans who are pissed.

That EDM pick was used on Darnell Nurse. And Edmonton's second was used on Zykov (By LA, but Still - and only one behind where Fucale went. What if he was still on the board?). PLUS the prospect...

He passed on a pretty decent package and took a far inferior one. There's no defending Gillis on this one. And time is poised to make it look even worse. He could have taken Horvat in the first anyway, just two earlier and had two more pieces. Totally fumbled, division opponent or not.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

ask price vs. offer price, apparently:

Told asking price for Schneider to Oilers was the 7, a 2nd and a good young player. High price to trade within division, Oil passed.
— Ryan Rishaug (@TSNRyanRishaug) June 30, 2013