• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luongo

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the Leafs really prefer Kipper over Luongo? I guess the asking price is a factor.

They're about the same age, right? If Kipper wants to go, I feel like Feaster can make that deal happen faster. He needs at least one top prospect for Kipper though, so I think that will play a bigger factor than cap hit.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're about the same age, right? If Kipper wants to go, I feel like Feaster can make that deal happen faster. He needs at least one top prospect for Kipper though, so I think that will play a bigger factor than cap hit.

Nah, from what they said on NHL Tonight all it would cost Toronto is a draft pick for Kipper. They just want to make sure he'll come.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you guys pay attention to anything? Kipper said he will retire at seasons end. he WILL NOT REPORT to any team hes traded to. why even bring it into a discussion of trade. not happening.

fuck I want it over. then dabolts can fucking attack another team that has him for no reason other than hating him because he broke his little heart.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Spector, so take with a grain of salt...

Mark Spector Sports‏@SportsnetSpec25m
In the end, Luongo deal falls through because Toronto wanted Vancouver to keep some of his salary. VAN refused to do so.

Mark Spector Sports‏@SportsnetSpec24m
Leafs would have parted with the 2nd and 3rd picks, plus Scrivens. But when VAN wouldn't share some salary, Nonis backed off of deal.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Lebrun is saying the same thing

Botchford is saying it was a moving target in the final hour ... that the Leafs werent dealing in good faith (lebrun mentions it too) ... that the "share some salary" aspect was introduced in the final minutes before the deadline after its appeared Scrivens plus 2 draft picks was agreed to

:noidea:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebrun

The failure of the Canucks and the Leafs to reach a Luongo deal, however, will no doubt fuel bigger-picture conclusions and storylines from many.

Let’s face it, Leafs GM Dave Nonis and Canucks GM Mike Gillis don’t like each other, the latter replacing the former as GM in Vancouver.

Which no doubt will lead some people to wonder whether Nonis always wanted to string the Canucks along, only to leave them holding the bag on deadline day. Leafs sources vehemently denied that

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that Nonis was personal in this deal. everything is pointing to that. almost like he truly tried of fuck with Gillis on this.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you keep Luongo and trade Schneider at this point? I don't really think so, but you know you would get a pretty nice return for Crampy.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you keep Luongo and trade Schneider at this point? I don't really think so, but you know you would get a pretty nice return for Crampy.

yes you can but I think its way more risky than to lose Lou for less. Lou deserves to be sent to another team...

#freeluongo

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think you can ... trade the 27 year old instead of the 34 year old (btw happy birthday @strombone1) ???

like i heard this morn ... trade Aaron Rodgers instead of Brett Favre?

also, I dont think Luongo wants to remain here after all thats happened

/i know yesterday you put it ALL on Gillis but how about Gilles Lupien (agent)putting the seed in Luongos head that Florida was coming HARD for him and that there would be a bidding war for his services (last season at draft time)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/i know yesterday you put it ALL on Gillis but how about Gilles Lupien (agent)putting the seed in Luongos head that Florida was coming HARD for him and that there would be a bidding war for his services (last season at draft time)

I don't doubt that Lupien likely did that, but I still think Gillis had to either lower his asking price or keep the asking price high and be willing to eat some salary in order to get a deal done. Owners generally don't like to shell out cash for players on other teams, thus I think the only option for Gillis was to lower the asking price and he ran out of time trying to go down that road.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt that Lupien likely did that, but I still think Gillis had to either lower his asking price or keep the asking price high and be willing to eat some salary in order to get a deal done. Owners generally don't like to shell out cash for players on other teams, thus I think the only option for Gillis was to lower the asking price and he ran out of time trying to go down that road.

i really cant think Scrivens and 2 2nd round picks is expensive. my feeling is that Toronto wanted Vancouver to take in 25% of the salary.... fuck you Nonis

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really cant think Scrivens and 2 2nd round picks is expensive. my feeling is that Toronto wanted Vancouver to take in 25% of the salary.... fuck you Nonis

I think Gillis overplayed his hand. On NHL Tonight last night an analagy from Bobby Clarke was used. "What are you going to give me for taking the contract."

The Canucks are going to be in CAP HELL after this season. Trading Luongo obviously won't be easy.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gillis overplayed his hand. On NHL Tonight last night an analagy from Bobby Clarke was used. "What are you going to give me for taking the contract."

The Canucks are going to be in CAP HELL after this season. Trading Luongo obviously won't be easy.

not sure we will. Booth and Ballard should be dumped... (they fucking better be) and that alone clears up $9M Luongo will be moved someway if he isnt then Gillis needs to be immediatley fired and that will clear up $5.3 on top of the $9M so $14M off the books. we are pretty much playing this season without those players and just have their cap on the books so I think we will be ok.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure we will. Booth and Ballard should be dumped... (they fucking better be) and that alone clears up $9M Luongo will be moved someway if he isnt then Gillis needs to be immediatley fired and that will clear up $5.3 on top of the $9M so $14M off the books. we are pretty much playing this season without those players and just have their cap on the books so I think we will be ok.

I don't think it's going to be easy to dump salaries. Sure there are a number of teams that would like Luongo, but if MLSE doesn't like his contract how do you think the other 28 teams in the league feel about it?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's going to be easy to dump salaries. Sure there are a number of teams that would like Luongo, but if MLSE doesn't like his contract how do you think the other 28 teams in the league feel about it?

there will be a taker just not for what we wanted it for. also I think MLSE is more personal than professional. but we will see. ballard and booth will be those new buyouts (your allowed 2 correct) or at least they should be. luongo will move somehow someway

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there will be a taker just not for what we wanted it for. also I think MLSE is more personal than professional. but we will see. ballard and booth will be those new buyouts (your allowed 2 correct) or at least they should be. luongo will move somehow someway

It will be interesting to see if the Canucks have to eat some of Luongo's contract in whatever deal they make.