• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luke Gregerson to Oakland

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to god, if the A's make another trade today...

If I were an A's player in spring training next year, I would have to stiffle the urge to laugh and comment if they get from the manager or their coaches stuff like "we have to stick and work together", "we are a family here".

:lol:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres get a guy that could give them some power and the A's get a good reliever

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres get a guy that could give them some power and the A's get a good reliever

He can give them occasional power, to be sure. However, he has yet to prove that he can hit left handed pitching. As such, he is likely to get platooned, with him getting the lions share of playing time.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregorson lives on his slider. There are times when I wonder if he can throw another pitch.

Rivera lived on one pitch too...a RP can if its one of the best in the league...Gregorson has lived pretty well.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year he gave up more runs than he ever has. Luke isn't a closer he needs a second pitch.

The Padres got robbed, though I do understand the trade and the upgrade we get over Mark Kotsay (not saying much!) and filling in when Carlos Quentin is down (most of the time). When Luke's slider is on, he's a lights-out setup man. We should have locked him up for at least a couple of more years. I'm tired of taking Rockies rejects.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Padres got robbed, though I do understand the trade and the upgrade we get over Mark Kotsay (not saying much!) and filling in when Carlos Quentin is down (most of the time). When Luke's slider is on, he's a lights-out setup man. We should have locked him up for at least a couple of more years. I'm tired of taking Rockies rejects.

There's no question we got robbed. Money talks & even with new ownership it looks like the Padres are broke. I'm really sick & tired of money problem. The Dodgers payroll will probably be 5 times what the Padres will pay their players this year.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does seth smith get you gregorsen and fister pulled in garbage? Wish the tigers had gotten gregersen

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like SD and Oak swapped arbitration cases. I guess SD might have been hesitant in paying Gregerson over $5mil in arbitration. Although Smith will probably get around $4mil. It appears the Padres needed outfield depth more than bullpen depth.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fister pulled in "garbage" because no other GM out there was willing to give anything more for him. Fister was on the trade block for a couple months. I am sure DD took what he did because it was the best available at the time. If you analyze it as a pure player for players trade, Washington wins.......but add in the fact that Detroit was cutting salary to pay for Nathan....it makes more sense.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know San Diego has a good farm system, but I don't understand their plan with the major league roster. Why do they need another OF, don't they already have 4 good ones?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know San Diego has a good farm system, but I don't understand their plan with the major league roster. Why do they need another OF, don't they already have 4 good ones?

The Padres outfield is good defensively. Offensively it SUCKS!! As far as I'm concerned Cameron Maybin is a 5 million per year bust. He can't hit. I like Venable, but he still needs to hit better against lefties. I'd like to see what Denorfia could do as an everyday player, but if he hasn't gotten the opportunity by now I don't know if he ever will. It would be great if we could count on Quentin for 162 games, but he's going to need plenty of days off because of his knee. That's just the way it is. He's the only reliable hitter of the bunch though.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres OF doesn't suck offensively, Maybin yea, but the rest all are above average hitters.

It's not like Seth Smith is going to become an everyday CF, and none of the other guys are CF's either.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres OF doesn't suck offensively, Maybin yea, but the rest all are above average hitters.

It's not like Seth Smith is going to become an everyday CF, and none of the other guys are CF's either.

There were to many games last year in which they simply couldn't score. They're going to have to prove it to me. I'm just not sold. There really isn't a legit power hitter on the roster. Headley did it for one year & I realize he played injured last year, but we need somebody with legit power everyday.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does seth smith get you gregorsen and fister pulled in garbage? Wish the tigers had gotten gregersen

It's the Padres, did you forget? :frusty:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were to many games last year in which they simply couldn't score. They're going to have to prove it to me. I'm just not sold. There really isn't a legit power hitter on the roster. Headley did it for one year & I realize he played injured last year, but we need somebody with legit power everyday.

Yeah, I don't disagree overall, but the group of OF's isn't the problem and Seth Smith isn't a solution.