• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luck says...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but you can't make some understand this especially when they believe Luck was the Anti-Christ and Dana his son. It's Tobacco Road that drives the ACC. You know, those higher education institutions who have fake athletic classes. Integrity is not part of the realignment formula.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I miss Luck!!....It truly is amazing what he accomplished in such a short period of time...The guy somehow with nothing more than a pair of deuces in his hands created a sustainable future for WV Athletics

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 fucked up taking WVU instead of UofL. UofL had better facilities, better overall athletic programs than WVU at the time. Since the Big 12's decision, UofL has out competed WVU's athletic programs in every way.

The ACC was smart to add UofL. It improves their conference in multiple sports. WVU would not have been done the same for the ACC.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I miss Luck!!....It truly is amazing what he accomplished in such a short period of time...The guy somehow with nothing more than a pair of deuces in his hands created a sustainable future for WV Athletics
Hardly a pair of deuces, WVU athletics was the best it has ever been when Luck took over, fresh off a final four in basketball, multiple winning seasons with huge wins in football, soccer at the top of its game.....If you want to talk about why WVU athletics is even in any conversations today, it was because we got into the BE in the early 1990s, which was a longer shot than getting into the ACC now, talk about snobs.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly a pair of deuces, WVU athletics was the best it has ever been when Luck took over, fresh off a final four in basketball, multiple winning seasons with huge wins in football, soccer at the top of its game.....If you want to talk about why WVU athletics is even in any conversations today, it was because we got into the BE in the early 1990s, which was a longer shot than getting into the ACC now, talk about snobs.

LOL..Multiple Winning Seasons in the BE?..what value did that have?..Tell me DAD let's talk value of wins..what meant more winning the Car Wash Bowl in Charlotte or Beating Texas in AUSTIN?!...and if you are going to use making to a final four a measure of health of an Athletic program...George Mason and Butler should feel slighted they aren't in a Power 5 conference..can't believe you went with soccer!!..what have they done?..you had at least some credibility throwing in the Rifle team!..

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got in the BE in the early 90's and took us only 20+ years to shine!???!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL..Multiple Winning Seasons in the BE?..what value did that have?..Tell me DAD let's talk value of wins..what meant more winning the Car Wash Bowl in Charlotte or Beating Texas in AUSTIN?!...and if you are going to use making to a final four a measure of health of an Athletic program...George Mason and Butler should feel slighted they aren't in a Power 5 conference..can't believe you went with soccer!!..what have they done?..you had at least some credibility throwing in the Rifle team!..
You are the one with the credibility issue, tell me again that a win over Texas in a down year is more meaningful than bowl wins over UGA, OU and Clemson, that the loss to sPitt in 2007 doesnt hold meaning. I guess playing in a half assed Yankee bowl on a baseball diamond was better than playing is Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta bowls.....what a joke.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got in the BE in the early 90's and took us only 20+ years to shine!???!!
Won it the first year we played a full schedule, then fell off as Nehlen aged. Tired of people belittling the past in some misguided effort to make losses today feel better.....lame

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won it the first year we played a full schedule, then fell off as Nehlen aged. Tired of people belittling the past in some misguided effort to make losses today feel better.....lame

Ok, I'll take the bait and play your game....

Oh my!!!! i only stated a truth and somehow seem to be belittling the past. How long was it for the basketball team to win the BE Tourney? Won it in 2010. Before that? 1959. Only 51 years between appearances and only 19 years since joining the BE. Now go ahead and say something about the BE being a tough conference and I will agree. I dare not say anything about how I felt Huggys coaching style was not conducive to the type of players he had over the last few seasons. Not even for the kids HE brought in.

Joined the BE in 1991 and won 7 BE titles in football. Didn't want to find out how many times we were co-champions, that would weaken your argument. What happened in 1993? Went undefeated and lost in the Sugar Bowl (actually smashed). A loss in the Sugar is the same as a loss in the Yankee Bowl. At the end of the day, it's still a loss.

Not sure where I'm belittling the past to make a loss today a feel good story, but in your effort, once again to make senseless arguments, I'm playing your game. Your serve.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll take the bait and play your game....

Oh my!!!! i only stated a truth and somehow seem to be belittling the past. How long was it for the basketball team to win the BE Tourney? Won it in 2010. Before that? 1959. Only 51 years between appearances and only 19 years since joining the BE. Now go ahead and say something about the BE being a tough conference and I will agree. I dare not say anything about how I felt Huggys coaching style was not conducive to the type of players he had over the last few seasons. Not even for the kids HE brought in.

Joined the BE in 1991 and won 7 BE titles in football. Didn't want to find out how many times we were co-champions, that would weaken your argument. What happened in 1993? Went undefeated and lost in the Sugar Bowl (actually smashed). A loss in the Sugar is the same as a loss in the Yankee Bowl. At the end of the day, it's still a loss.

Not sure where I'm belittling the past to make a loss today a feel good story, but in your effort, once again to make senseless arguments, I'm playing your game. Your serve.
Nothing senseless at all, the best WVU's athletics have ever been, hands down is the decade from 2000-2010, the very time you guys try to say didnt matter, that things were left to rot. As to the 1993 Sugar Bowl, we got there, and had injury and illness issues, and Nehlen was not known as a great bowl game coach. I thought money was your measure of success, so a loss in the Sugar Bowl and a loss in the Yankee Bowl are hardly the same. Huggins had a rough few years, losing basically two whole classes of recruits that he rolled the dice on, I was beginning to think he may have lost it, but seems to have righted the ship.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing senseless at all, the best WVU's athletics have ever been, hands down is the decade from 2000-2010, the very time you guys try to say didnt matter, that things were left to rot. As to the 1993 Sugar Bowl, we got there, and had injury and illness issues, and Nehlen was not known as a great bowl game coach. I thought money was your measure of success, so a loss in the Sugar Bowl and a loss in the Yankee Bowl are hardly the same. Huggins had a rough few years, losing basically two whole classes of recruits that he rolled the dice on, I was beginning to think he may have lost it, but seems to have righted the ship.

I think that if you would go back a read the posts on the money topics, and I will not speak for the others, guys were happy about the money WVU was receiving in the Big 12 versus the BE. I like it because I see the campus expanding and upgrading. My next wish would be for stronger academic standards, but that may hurt some kids within the State. Have you been on campus recently? What improvements. Yes, money has a big part to do with this. But you'll never see because you are stuck in an area where hotdogs are $1 and cokes are $.50. I don't think Ohio Wesleyan's athletic budget and WVU's athletic budget are no where close.

You got mad because I felt Eddie P. sat on his hands when it came to improving the sports facilities. You said countless times that the football and baseball programs didn't need to upgrade, as if we should be playing in a cow pasture and sandlot. You were dead set against building a new baseball stadium and bring in a pro farm team. Couldn't see the big picture for those who live in the area that find it too costly to go to Pittsburgh for a Pirate game could actually bring their family to Morgantown, keeping the money in the area and state.

How convenient for you to pick the years that WVU was mentioned as a rising star especially under RR's program and the BB program finally winning a BE Championship. Sounds like your giving Nehlen a Bowl pass. Why is that? You're not giving Dana a pass because you do not like his demeanor. That is fine by me. I was coached by guys similar to Huggins and loved it. I'm not so sure that style works with today's youth, however, I will like to see what happens this year. I could make the same case about Dana having to rebuild the program, but won't go there because you won't accept reason nor are open minded enough to consider it. Anyways, we held this discussions since Stew was canned and I will not go back to relive it.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are healthy now....all this comparison stuff means nothing.

We are growing in areas that definitely needed help and the fact that it took so long is glaring. Maybe since it was never taken care of in the past is the reason we are not in ACC or SEC.

Really who cares...future looks bright

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are growing in areas that definitely needed help and the fact that it took so long is glaring. Maybe since it was never taken care of in the past is the reason we are not in ACC or SEC.

Good to see you back.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. The UofL had a better AD... better facilities... better athletic programs...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one with the credibility issue, tell me again that a win over Texas in a down year is more meaningful than bowl wins over UGA, OU and Clemson, that the loss to sPitt in 2007 doesnt hold meaning. I guess playing in a half assed Yankee bowl on a baseball diamond was better than playing is Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta bowls.....what a joke.

Hmmm..Wasn't Luck and Dana at the helm for the Orange bowl?...And yes..going into a new conference..playing in front of 100,000 plus in Austin was a BIG DEAL!... As big as the Sugar or Fiesta?..No..but I didn't use those wins as examples...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm..Wasn't Luck and Dana at the helm for the Orange bowl?...And yes..going into a new conference..playing in front of 100,000 plus in Austin was a BIG DEAL!... As big as the Sugar or Fiesta?..No..but I didn't use those wins as examples...
Yes, they were at the helm for the orange bowl, playing with no talent bums all over the field, and the leftover defensive staff from a worthless coaching staff, those same no talent bums who some said caused the losses to two of the worst teams in football....... Everyone likes are different, I value tradition, you value the flavor of the day, I HATE where college football has gone the past 20 years, ESPN has ruined the best sport in the nation, all in the name of some more money.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said the kids couldn't play?...everyone knew their was talent on the field..the guy at the helm wasn't getting the most out of them.and the environment that they were in was completely dysfunctional..THAT was the issue..

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they were at the helm for the orange bowl, playing with no talent bums all over the field, and the leftover defensive staff from a worthless coaching staff, those same no talent bums who some said caused the losses to two of the worst teams in football....... Everyone likes are different, I value tradition, you value the flavor of the day, I HATE where college football has gone the past 20 years, ESPN has ruined the best sport in the nation, all in the name of some more money.

I agree with you ESPN has ruined the game to an extent, I do however like playing Texas, OK, and about everyone else in the Big 12 as well as what the Big East had become. We never dominated the Big East until Miami and VT had left, I still wouldn't call it domination after they left, how many conference titles did we win outright? If my old age memory is not failing me most were a shared title. A team that dominates, the title would not be shared.

I have liked Holgerson since he came here, with that said, I do believe in his first couple of years he made many mistakes as far as assistant coaches are concerned, but I believe he has learned from his mistakes and has a good group of coaches here, that want to be here. I also believe he has us headed in the right direction. You can look on the field and see the talent that has been developed, and is being developed.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you ESPN has ruined the game to an extent, I do however like playing Texas, OK, and about everyone else in the Big 12 as well as what the Big East had become. We never dominated the Big East until Miami and VT had left, I still wouldn't call it domination after they left, how many conference titles did we win outright? If my old age memory is not failing me most were a shared title. A team that dominates, the title would not be shared.

I have liked Holgerson since he came here, with that said, I do believe in his first couple of years he made many mistakes as far as assistant coaches are concerned, but I believe he has learned from his mistakes and has a good group of coaches here, that want to be here. I also believe he has us headed in the right direction. You can look on the field and see the talent that has been developed, and is being developed.

I agree with you Mike...and though it may sound like I am defending Dana, I am just stating the facts...I think his circumstance with Asst Coaches stemmed from the fact that he was thrown into the job one year earlier than was planned...there had to be a division among the coaches...all not sure who was staying or who was going...Did he miss on Deforrest? To some extent, he wasn't ready to be D-Coordinator, but he did pull the plug when he had to on a guy perceived to be his closest friend. But you have to remember who the program hired..an unproven HC...if you go back to Rich's first couple of years you will see some similarities. He lost Trickett, how many O Line Coaches did he go thru?...but that is the nature of the business at the College level..it happens at every program...even the very best programs..look no further than Tennessee, USC, Notre Dame and Michigan..