• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lucas's Power 5 Conference Rankings - Week 3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just truth. Colorado is a university capable of putting together a good football team

laughingsmiley.gif

Not lately. 10 consecutive losing seasons. The last time they won double digit games in a season was '01 (10-3). The last time they finished a season ranked was '02 (#20). '01 was also the last time they played in a big time bowl game (lost the Fiesta). They have lost double digits games in a season 3 out of the last 5 years. And depending on how long their QB is out they could lose double digit games this year.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, guess what, I already told Across the Field that I thought Ohio State played a great game against Oklahoma, and I was dead serious.

I, for one, will never admit to anything positive about OSU. The refs gave the game to OSU. All their players use PED's. OSU pays A LOT of money for their players. Professors cheat so the players can stay eligible. And police officers look the other way when OSU players are clearly breaking the law.

Those are the facts!! :10:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, for one, will never admit to anything positive about OSU. The refs gave the game to OSU. All their players use PED's. OSU pays A LOT of money for their players. Professors cheat so the players can stay eligible. And police officers look the other way when OSU players are clearly breaking the law.

giphy (1).gif

sanford-and-son-group-laugh-o.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just admit the fact that it was a terrible Michigan win this last Saturday? That QB Luifui was not that great IMO as Michigan has weak linebackers and Colorado was able to expose that for a bit. Also our QB was terrible that game as well.
Evidently stacking up 4 total TDs against Idaho State and Colorado State is enough to take a perpetually horrible Colorado team into the top 25.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Jimmy Jam's creepy recruiting sleepover next year he's getting matching pajamas for all the attendees. He's so thoughtful.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to add -- Colorado is only a good team if Liufui (sp) is playing. If he is out for an extended period of time -- Colorado is going to be steam rolled. That back up QB was horrendous.

If Colorado's QB didn't get hurt -- that could have been a much different game. I was thoroughly impressed with that guy.

Absolutely correct. They were a dark horse of mine in Pac, but that's only if the QB is healthy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got a chuckle from this, no lie.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to add -- Colorado is only a good team if Liufui (sp) is playing. If he is out for an extended period of time -- Colorado is going to be steam rolled. That back up QB was horrendous.

If Colorado's QB didn't get hurt -- that could have been a much different game. I was thoroughly impressed with that guy.

This didn't help either.

peppers2.0.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This didn't help either.

peppers2.0.gif

That was Colorado's fault -- they pushed him right into him. Hell -- it was one of the few times they actually slowed Peppers down on a return.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This didn't help either.

peppers2.0.gif
Peppers is the true hero. Taking out opposing unknown QBs whom torch us, when we need it the most!

Now only if he can do that to Speight

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has a 4 game stretch where they play @Arkansas, @Tennessee, A&M, @LSU. They have a ridiculous amount of talent but I wouldn't say its a 1 dog show yet when any of those teams could make the playoffs.

I think its kinda silly to rank the SEC lower because the assumption (obviously) is that Bama is going to beat everyone and/or only lose once and other teams will slip. That says more about Bama being good than the SEC being bad.

That might be his view of ranking the SEC lower but it actually does make sense. Not the fact Bama is better than the rest of the SEC but bc the rest of the SEC has looked weak early. Ole Miss, Tennessee, and LSU have all looked overrated. That has nothing to do with Bama, but the fact they have only one great team when they projected the some of these SEC teams to be top ten and championship contenders is the reason why they are 3rd in the rankings...which is valid.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has a 4 game stretch where they play @Arkansas, @Tennessee, A&M, @LSU. They have a ridiculous amount of talent but I wouldn't say its a 1 dog show yet when any of those teams could make the playoffs.

I think its kinda silly to rank the SEC lower because the assumption (obviously) is that Bama is going to beat everyone and/or only lose once and other teams will slip. That says more about Bama being good than the SEC being bad.

Fair, but can you honestly move down the B1G TEN or ACC when both conferences have 2 top 5 teams?

I'm not sold on Arkansas, yeah I know they beat TCU, but this isn't the same TCU as 2 years ago.

UT has looked awful this year, they are struggling and just don't seem prepared. Wouldn't shock me at all if they have 2 or even 3 loses by the time the '3rd Saturday in October' comes around. They have UF, UGA, and A&M in a row...they could be in serious trouble.

A&M has a good pass rush, but the secondary is weak. I think all things being as they are today, Bama is a clear 15 point favorite since it's in T-Town.

LSU could be tricky since they may have found a QB, but Saban has had their number recently, and if they try to run Fournette all day like they did last year, Bama will roll.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team IS looking good--I don't need to "pimp up CU." As for the rest, I'm willing to let the season unfold to see what happens.

I'm glad you are satisfied with having to comeback against a Colorado team that loses more than they win. Yeah sure let the season play out bc things change but this is still Colorado. If you think Michigan is looking good after that win then your just not thinking rational (typical scum fan). When tOSU was barely beating lesser teams last year I was pretty worried and it was for good reason.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you are satisfied with having to comeback against a Colorado team that loses more than they win. Yeah sure let the season play out bc things change but this is still Colorado. If you think Michigan is looking good after that win then your just not thinking rational (typical scum fan). When tOSU was barely beating lesser teams last year I was pretty worried and it was for good reason.

Well, okay, then. Thanks for sharing.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I have a feeling that two conferences could get left out, which would open the door to Houston. The problem with Houston is 2 things, they basically have to destroy everyone, and then also play Louisville later in the season.
It was a great read and I agree. I think this could very well be the year. A conference gets two teams in. Or an independent slips in. It's the closest it's ever been all the pieces are in place. It's going to be fun to see how this season plays out.

Reactions: Eco

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be his view of ranking the SEC lower but it actually does make sense. Not the fact Bama is better than the rest of the SEC but bc the rest of the SEC has looked weak early. Ole Miss, Tennessee, and LSU have all looked overrated. That has nothing to do with Bama,
Wait...what has Bama done this year?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 148589

Not lately. 10 consecutive losing seasons. The last time they won double digit games in a season was '01 (10-3). The last time they finished a season ranked was '02 (#20). '01 was also the last time they played in a big time bowl game (lost the Fiesta). They have lost double digits games in a season 3 out of the last 5 years. And depending on how long their QB is out they could lose double digit games this year.
Colorado may be better than USC this year. Teddy Pedergast has the defense looking good.Aside from a couple miscues an blown coverages. But Clay Aiken cant get this team fired up for a big game. The offense has been awful. I'm not sure why people aren't giving Colorado credit. They have been terrible for years. They are a much more improved team from what they have been for quite a while.Not great but definitely better