• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lucas is the new starting RT

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the ideal situation is Waddle is healthy and ready to go by the end of August. Lucas is a reserve at both tackle spots.

But what the hell, either way we have a UDFA starting at RT.

I've asked this before, I'll ask again anyway cuz I tend to forget shit. Why did no team draft either of them? They're friggin' huge, don't seem stupid or physically slow, played Big12 football and aren't criminals.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've asked this before, I'll ask again anyway cuz I tend to forget shit. Why did no team draft either of them? They're friggin' huge, don't seem stupid or physically slow, played Big12 football and aren't criminals.

Idk but Lucas was a projected 6th-7th rounder:,Cornelius Lucas | Kansas State, OT : 2014 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

And Waddle was a projected 7th rounder: LaAdrian Waddle | Texas Tech, OT : 2013 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

So it basically all pans out.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there isn't much difference.

Prolly better to go undrafted than be a 7th rounder. You can go where you want that way. Like La'el Collins....

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about that bis ass mongrel they selected in the 7th round this year?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the ideal situation is Waddle is healthy and ready to go by the end of August. Lucas is a reserve at both tackle spots.

But what the hell, either way we have a UDFA starting at RT.

I bolded the answer for you. Big 12 aint what it used to be. Look at all those players we got a few years ago on defense. They are all gone.

As far as Lucas goes, he never played RT in his life so now that he is getting reps he might be OK. I like K-State lineman for some reason they tend to be decent. Not as good as Wisconsin, but pretty good. Waddell played well before Lombardi took over, but you never know now that the offense is changed.

Corey Robinson was my sleeper O-Lineman and I called it live when they drafted him. Very similar to Lucas. Give him a year and he could pan out big time. The problem is we have 2 other OTs besides Reiff already that we will be keeping. There are also guys who were on the practice squad already they may want to hold onto.

It will be interesting to see if it all comes together.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bolded the answer for you. Big 12 aint what it used to be. Look at all those players we got a few years ago on defense. They are all gone.

As far as Lucas goes, he never played RT in his life so now that he is getting reps he might be OK. I like K-State lineman for some reason they tend to be decent. Not as good as Wisconsin, but pretty good. Waddell played well before Lombardi took over, but you never know now that the offense is changed.

Corey Robinson was my sleeper O-Lineman and I called it live when they drafted him. Very similar to Lucas. Give him a year and he could pan out big time. The problem is we have 2 other OTs besides Reiff already that we will be keeping. There are also guys who were on the practice squad already they may want to hold onto.

It will be interesting to see if it all comes together.
Is the Big12 really that bad?

Rob has pointed out there lack of anything at the NFL level as far as QBs go, but the best WR currently, last years yardage leader and the former best back are all BIG12 guys. Maybe it's dropped off outside of skill position guys minus QBs, idk. But I still think of the ACC and PAC12 as lesser conferences personally.

Speaking of Wisconsin OLineman. I ran into Haversteins Grandad a little while back. We lost a Lions fan to the Rams. A big one too, he's the largest senior citizen I know. (Reffed a lot of my high school games, giant middle aged guy then.)

Back to Lucas, I have no problem with him being the RT. Only hope it's because he wins the job not because he's the only healthy option. More time working there would be nice.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Big12 really that bad?

Rob has pointed out there lack of anything at the NFL level as far as QBs go, but the best WR currently, last years yardage leader and the former best back are all BIG12 guys. Maybe it's dropped off outside of skill position guys minus QBs, idk. But I still think of the ACC and PAC12 as lesser conferences personally.

Speaking of Wisconsin OLineman. I ran into Haversteins Grandad a little while back. We lost a Lions fan to the Rams. A big one too, he's the largest senior citizen I know. (Reffed a lot of my high school games, giant middle aged guy then.)

Back to Lucas, I have no problem with him being the RT. Only hope it's because he wins the job not because he's the only healthy option. More time working there would be nice.

PAC12 is easily the second best conference.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Seems like a bunch of gimmick offense and no defense to me.
Thay is because Oregon and USC are the only teams that get seen in the east. ASU, Stanford Utah, and Washington have great defenses. Most of the teams in the pac 12 are built in the trenches.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thay is because Oregon and USC are the only teams that get seen in the east. ASU, Stanford Utah, and Washington have great defenses. Most of the teams in the pac 12 are built in the trenches.
I always forget Utah isn't a mid major anymore.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always forget Utah isn't a mid major anymore.
Yeah, this is the first year Utah has a full share of the conference revenue. It took them quite a few years to be competitive.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is the first year Utah has a full share of the conference revenue. It took them quite a few years to be competitive.
That's a big jump to make.

How long did it take for them to get an even share of money?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about 5 years. I am hoping that they did not just have 1 good year and fall back to earth. They really need a power conference level QB though.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell of a job identifying talent by the best GM in the business.

That, or scary has hell that a second year UDFA is our starting RT.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell of a job identifying talent by the best GM in the business.

That, or scary has hell that a second year UDFA is our starting RT.

I dont know who is responsible but this is 3 years in a row they got an OT in round 7 or later that looks like they can play.

Compare that to the Falcons who cant even buy an O-lineman these days.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
detroit-lions-banner.jpg

I must have missed this banner raising ceremony, but no chance I miss the one for our 2014 appearance.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 tackles bust almost as much as Big 12 QBs because they play their whole college careers standing up, playing pass pro for those 5 wide offenses.

Okung panned out after some bumpy years. Not too many more find success.