• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lowell Cohn gives 49er draft a C+

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Cohn is a moron. The majority of the sites I have seen have us as one of the best grades in the draft.

Maybe a C+ is one of the best grades this prick gives to anyone? ;) No, I didn't read the article so I don't know if he compared us to any other teams. I don't care.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He has a fair point about enduring concerns about our D based on no picks at CB, but that doesn't justify dropping what otherwise looks like a strong draft do a C+. Every team still has holes after this draft. You won't ever address them all. The way Baalke approached the draft, it's clear that he was not so concerned about CB, or he would have made a move for one as he did for a FS, TE, and OLB.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He has a fair point about enduring concerns about our D based on no picks at CB, but that doesn't justify dropping what otherwise looks like a strong draft do a C+. Every team still has holes after this draft. You won't ever address them all. The way Baalke approached the draft, it's clear that he was not so concerned about CB, or he would have made a move for one as he did for a FS, TE, and OLB.

Agreed.

The CB position is a concern now and will be a bigger concern later since currently Cully is the only guy on the roster that the team projects being a long term starter (Let's not turn this into a Cully debate please).

So his concern is valid as we still don't have a guy that can handle speed guys from the slot and that's been a killer for our defense.

But giving a C+ grade based on just one position it a joke. Our 1st 5 picks were for positions that are of need positions and we got some great value out of a few of those picks.

It's not a case of Baalke not addressing the CB spot but just not forcing and looking more towards value.

On a side note he seems to be still hung up on taking Jenkins over Fleener last year. No Cohn, taking Patton who had a 2nd round grade in the late 4th doesn't make me wonder about Jenkins. We would've taken Patton there even if Jenkins won OROY and broke records at WR.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy seems to be a beat writer version of a shock jock. He just says the most outlandish and ridiculous things in order to inspire angry feedback and to buzz up his stories.

"Hey, did you guys hear what that dipshit Cohn wrote?"
"No"
"Oh, let me tell you...."

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This guy seems to be a beat writer version of a shock jock. He just says the most outlandish and ridiculous things in order to inspire angry feedback and to buzz up his stories.

"Hey, did you guys hear what that dipshit Cohn wrote?"
"No"
"Oh, let me tell you...."

Like father, like son.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give the Niners a B+ / A - I think they did quite well Cohn is like the Cazic of beat writers.