• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Love to Cleveland

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Flip wanting Lee and Barnes over Wiggins and Bennett, fighting for the 8th seed probably isn't what Flip wants. Why not get a couple young guys you can add to Rubio and LaVine which will give them a pretty good core to watch develop.

I agree with you re: what Flip SHOULD do. But what I've seen reported is that Flip is hellbent on getting to the playoffs THIS season. The only way to do that is keep Love or do the GSW trade, imo.

If I were Minny's GM, I'd take the Cleveland deal because it does more to set the team up for future success. But unless what's been reported is wrong, Flip wants to get to the playoffs this season.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Flip wanting Lee and Barnes over Wiggins and Bennett, fighting for the 8th seed probably isn't what Flip wants. Why not get a couple young guys you can add to Rubio and LaVine which will give them a pretty good core to watch develop.

Because you know you're getting good solid players in Barnes, Klay, and Lee. Bennett is looking like a bust and we won't know what Wiggins will bring.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being reported that Minny is offering Klay, Lee and Barnes for Love, Martin and a pick.

Minny shouldn't even hesitate to take that. The only way Cleveland trumps that offer is if they give up Thompson, Waiters, and several picks along with Wiggins.

We'll see who wants it more. But I see no way how an NBA GM would like the Cavs offer at all.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought of Minnesota trading away Love and making the playoffs in the west is such a pipe dream.

Personally, I find all this "we want to win now" talk as pure BS designed to boost fan morale. It doesn't make sense as a strategy, IMO.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did lebron get back from vacation so he can take control and decide to trade Wiggins already... Fuck lebron just loves to delay things

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought of Minnesota trading away Love and making the playoffs in the west is such a pipe dream.

Personally, I find all this "we want to win now" talk as pure BS designed to boost fan morale. It doesn't make sense as a strategy, IMO.

It makes perfect sense.

If they don't win now, coaches and GMs get fired.

Flip is going to look for the best deal that allows his team to compete right now, not years from now.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still up in the air I could see it happening. I thought LeBron would make it through 1 season before begging for more help...guess not.

a couple of things will come out though. will love want a max deal when his contracts up? I don't see him as a taking less kind of player.
your hero went 3yrs "before going to the media" demanding a trade cause he had no help.

Can't say the same for LeBron.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did lebron get back from vacation so he can take control and decide to trade Wiggins already... Fuck lebron just loves to delay things

Heat would Love (get it, Love?) to have this situation.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat would Love (get it, Love?) to have this situation.

Lol i got you. But no the heat wouldn't want two drama movies in one offseason. We'll pass

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're really underestimating that roster

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It makes perfect sense. The T-Wolves haven't been the same since Garnett was traded away. It's about making your franchise go in a positive direction. The GSW deal allows you that chance given that you gain 3 significant starters. They would have a chance at a lower seed in the playoffs. The season after, Flip Saunders can sell players on having a solid core in place and an opportunity to build from there.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go... Everybody will hate it so it's perfect...

Minn trades - Love, Rubio, KMartin, Turiaf
Receive - Kyrie Irving, Klay Thompson, Wiggins, Bennett

Golden State trades - Steph Curry, David Lee, Klay, Green
Receive - Rubio, Love, Waiters, Brendan Heyward, TThomas

Cavs trade - Irving, Waiters, Wiggins, TThompson, Bennett
Receive - Steph, Lee, KMartin, Turiaf, Green

Money works... Let's do it... :noidea:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs deal is so bad when you think about it.

Wiggins (suspect handle & suspect shot) and he's raw

Anthony Bennett- A guy who has bust all over him as we saw last season

#1 pick next year- I'm sure that #25 pick or later is such a great pick to have

I'm sorry but give me GSW deal where you're getting 3 starters including 2 who are top 10 in the league at their position.

Only way I consider that Cleveland deal is if you add Waiters and another draft pick

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs deal is so bad when you think about it.

Wiggins (suspect handle & suspect shot) and he's raw

Anthony Bennett- A guy who has bust all over him as we saw last season

#1 pick next year- I'm sure that #25 pick or later is such a great pick to have

I'm sorry but give me GSW deal where you're getting 3 starters including 2 who are top 10 in the league at their position.

Only way I consider that Cleveland deal is if you add Waiters and another draft pick

That's if we offered that.. Getting klay and Barnes can be considered a rebuilding package also IMO

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at least they're proven....same with Lee

Bennett was BAD last year and nobody knows about Wiggins.

If Wiggins turns out to be a bust they will be bad for another 5 years min

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being reported that Minny is offering Klay, Lee and Barnes for Love, Martin and a pick.

Minny shouldn't even hesitate to take that. The only way Cleveland trumps that offer is if they give up Thompson, Waiters, and several picks along with Wiggins.

We'll see who wants it more. But I see no way how an NBA GM would like the Cavs offer at all.

Everything i'm reading is the Warriors will not include Thompson, that just might be a screen to try and give as little as possible.

Sometimes GM's don't have much choice.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes perfect sense.

If they don't win now, coaches and GMs get fired.

Flip is going to look for the best deal that allows his team to compete right now, not years from now.

Flip isn't going anywhere which is why he can be patient if he likes the Cleveland offer better.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at least they're proven....same with Lee

Bennett was BAD last year and nobody knows about Wiggins.

If Wiggins turns out to be a bust they will be bad for another 5 years min

I heard Bennett looked good in the summer league and Wiggins is gonna be a pretty good player... IMO anyhow...