• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Love,Aldridge,' Monroe who will the lakers land next

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok - didn't know that. However - as you mention - this is still the best approach. Trust me - as a fan of several teams that have underperformed in the recent past - patience is a hard thing to practice but is often a necessary evil.

I'm patient. It could fun watching the youth develop, assuming they do and don't get hurt in their first game.

The Lakers don't win titles every year. There was a big gap between Showtime and the Shaq/Kobe era. I still enjoyed watching the likes of Nick the Quick and Eddie Jones.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monroe going to the Bucks was a victory for small market teams.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Lakers really arent going to sign someone capitlize on the fact that you have cap room and rent it out to someone for a 1st rounder or a young player.

Lakers SHOULD have taken Landry and Thompson to get Stauskas and a future 1st rounder if you ask me....would have been about 16 million in salary between those 3- youd have Landry and Thompson for 2 years, unless you dealt them---- and then you have Stauskas added as the SG in your rebuild...

I bet there is still a trade or two out there similar to that if the Lakers decide to go in a different direction after striking out over and over.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young was 28 when he signed with the Lakers, LA will be 30 by the time the season opens. And LA is due for a serious injury. He's been relatively injury free since being in the league.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Lakers really arent going to sign someone capitlize on the fact that you have cap room and rent it out to someone for a 1st rounder or a young player.

Lakers SHOULD have taken Landry and Thompson to get Stauskas and a future 1st rounder if you ask me....would have been about 16 million in salary between those 3- youd have Landry and Thompson for 2 years, unless you dealt them---- and then you have Stauskas added as the SG in your rebuild...

I bet there is still a trade or two out there similar to that if the Lakers decide to go in a different direction after striking out over and over.

They basically did that last season with the Jeremy Lin trade. They got Houston's first rounder. Free agency isn't over quite yet though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do feel bad for Kobe though- he deserves better than he has gotten the last few years. Hopefully he can get healthy and add a couple pages to his last chapter.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why bring him up in the first place?

I was implying that Nick Young will never be anywhere close to LA's talent level, yet we signed him to a 4 year deal. So if LA wanted to sign with the Lakers you would say no to him? Not a very smart move for a GM, signing Aldridge makes LA an immediate FA destination in the near future, especially after Kobe retires.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was implying that Nick Young will never be anywhere close to LA's talent level, yet we signed him to a 4 year deal. So if LA wanted to sign with the Lakers you would say no to him? Not a very smart move for a GM, signing Aldridge makes LA an immediate FA destination in the near future, especially after Kobe retires.

LA is closing in on 30 and has been relatively injury free for the most part, he's due for an injury. I don't think he'd be a smart pickup, despite his obvious talent and ability to produce.

A talented young team that the Lakers seem to be grooming could also be a prime destination for a player that thinks he can help take them to the next level.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the Colin Cowherd show that on prospective free agent was told that it would be his job to get rebounds for Kobe, and this came from Kobe himself. I can't imagine having Bryant in the interview serves the interest of the Lakers.

I don't think that's recent. I've heard that before. It's sounds pretty darn close what Kobe reportedly to Dwight Howard his role was suppose to be throughout Howard's tenure and FA meeting

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do feel bad for Kobe though- he deserves better than he has gotten the last few years. Hopefully he can get healthy and add a couple pages to his last chapter.

No, he really doesn't.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is well past his prime.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is well past his prime.

Wow, another incredibly astute observation from Captain Obvious. What would this board do without you? Perhaps you can astound us with another great observation. Maybe something like "most NBA players are tall."

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, another incredibly astute observation from Captain Obvious. What would this board do without you? Perhaps you can astound us with another great observation. Maybe something like "most NBA players are tall."
I'm glad I could contribute to the discussion and thanks for the platitudes. :suds: