• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Louie Lams is the new Leafs GM

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who and the what now?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, that's a lot of cooks in the Leafs kitchen.

/It's pretty funny that Dreger was spouting forever that Mark Hunter would be the next Leafs GM. Just another one that Darren whiffed on.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, that's a lot of cooks in the Leafs kitchen.

/It's pretty funny that Dreger was spouting forever that Mark Hunter would be the next Leafs GM. Just another one that Darren whiffed on.

Dregers fucked without cousin dave :pout:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he get the job because he was the only candidate alive when the Leafs last won a cup?

Darren Haynes ‏@DarrenWHaynes
Lou Lamoriello was a 24-year-old high school math teacher when the Maple Leafs last won the Stanley Cup.

Darren Haynes ‏@DarrenWHaynes
The age difference between Lou Lamoriello and Kyle Dubas is 44 years. That's 'older' than Jaromir Jagr.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Shannon @JSportsnet
The Maple Leafs will have to compensate the Devils with a draft pick for signing Lou Lamoriello as GM.

Should be a 3rd round pick.

Last edited:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, when you step back and think about it, this hire does make some sense. I mean, the Leafs aren't going to be very good next year, why throw a rookie GM into the fire (it's already a pressure cooker in Toronto). Learn the ropes from Louie Lams who will likely be in the GM role for three years tops before putting Mark Hunter or Kyle Dubas into that position.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, when you step back and think about it, this hire does make some sense. I mean, the Leafs aren't going to be very good next year, why throw a rookie GM into the fire (it's already a pressure cooker in Toronto). Learn the ropes from Louie Lams who will likely be in the GM role for three years tops before putting Mark Hunter or Kyle Dubas into that position.

Sort of similar to the Rutherford hire. I still find this move odd though. It's a lot of big egos in one room. And I'm not sure salary cap Lou is the same as vintage Lou.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Teach Dubas and Hunter how to work the phones with the big time agents and GMs. Learn some negotiating skills. Stay on afterwards as a Scotty Bowman-like advisor. I'm not totally against this, and frankly, who the hell else made sense in this spot?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou never lets anything leak, he is as tight lipped as they come, always plays his cards close to the vest and his subordinates are expected to keep their mouth's shut as well. Curious to see how that goes in Toronto. Not sure how his "everything is status quo" responses will work with the Toronto media.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Lou going to have a no tolerance Twitter policy with his players? Is he going to have a restriction on what numbers players can wear?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou never lets anything leak, he is as tight lipped as they come, always plays his cards close to the vest and his subordinates are expected to keep their mouth's shut as well. Curious to see how that goes in Toronto. Not sure how his "everything is status quo" responses will work with the Toronto media.
Toronto media has already been shut out since Shanny dumped Dave. Nobody had a clue Kessel was going to Pittsburgh, nobody had a clue the Leafs were that serious about Babcock, etc. Shanahan's shut the door and Lou fits fine with that.