• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lostgolfballs.com......your experiences?

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would someone buy four dozen balls that don't go straight?
FIL brought over some of his old balls last night, in case I wanted to use them. Bless his heart, I can't remember the last time I saw a Pro-Staff ball.

This, about a 6 months after I finally threw away the couple hundred balls my own pops collected for me at garage sales over the years.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIL brought over some of his old balls last night, in case I wanted to use them. Bless his heart, I can't remember the last time I saw a Pro-Staff ball.

This, about a 6 months after I finally threw away the couple hundred balls my own pops collected for me at garage sales over the years.

Nice to know your MIL let him keep them.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have hundreds of them, hard to not pick them up when you find them. There's a par three over water, in the middle there's some land that's very hard to access. At the end of the year it's pretty easy. you find so many balls you can't carry all of them.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to know your MIL let him keep them.
Lol, she's been gone 20 years.

He used them frequently when she was here though, they had 6 kids.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have hundreds of them, hard to not pick them up when you find them. There's a par three over water, in the middle there's some land that's very hard to access. At the end of the year it's pretty easy. you find so many balls you can't carry all of them.

Plus, when people find out "oh, you golf?" they can't wait to unload the ones in their garage/basement on you.

One guy i know dumped his dad's old clubs, bag, and hundreds of balls on me.

Wait a minute...that last part didn't sound right

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I hit 300 yd drives is by lying.

I hear ya...every now and then...now If can get on Sugarloaf where the Sr tour guys just played here...I might have 4 or 5 over 300, but 40 of will be on the ground...fairways are faster than some greens I've played.

If I wasn't there to see this I wouldn't have believed it...well, maybe a little with this guy.

357 par 4...dogleg right...from the FW 100 yd mark the green is probably downhill about 20'...I nail my drive, I've got like 85 yds in, the other guy same thing to about 100yds and a guy was paired with us to make 4m hit his nice too...then our final guy hits...plays a draw 90% of the time so this was not a great hole for him hit driver....hit it anyway, big swinging hook...we get out the fairway and find 3 of the balls.

We're searching the left woods about 80 yds out from green and just kept walking towards the green...his ball is down there about 20 yds short left of the green. The guy that was paired with us was floored. He's long, so we're kinda used to it, just last week he had a 94 yds to the green on a 505 yd par 5, but it's severely downhill and we kinda feel like that on hit the cart part to get down that far.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For a cheaper ball I like Wilsons but I prefer to buy softer balls than the distance ones. I've tried buying used balls before and they seemed okay except when I went back to my preferred kind. They're a great deal if half will end up in the woods though.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While on the subject of balls am I the only one that thinks the neon yellow and orange balls are harder to see than regular white ones?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While on the subject of balls am I the only one that thinks the neon yellow and orange balls are harder to see than regular white ones?

I play the 330 RX in yellow and white (I use white if I need to hit a provisional)...on dormant fairways I don't think they're any easier to see, but fewer people play the yellow ones so it just makes it easy to know which one is my ball.

If I'm in a group with other players using yellow, I reverse it and play the white.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play the 330 RX in yellow and white (I use white if I need to hit a provisional)...on dormant fairways I don't think they're any easier to see, but fewer people play the yellow ones so it just makes it easy to know which one is my ball.

If I'm in a group with other players using yellow, I reverse it and play the white.
I usually play Srixon Q Stars or Callaway Supersofts. I have dabbled with the orange and yellow colors for them and sometimes struggle to see them in plain sight. I'm just going all white from here on out with the initial of my last name with a Sharpie on the dimples.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually play Srixon Q Stars or Callaway Supersofts. I have dabbled with the orange and yellow colors for them and sometimes struggle to see them in plain sight. I'm just going all white from here on out with the initial of my last name with a Sharpie on the dimples.

Wow...interesting...we played with a guy just last week playing a red Volik (sp)...the 1st 3 or 4 holes he was little wild, spraying it some, but we found it every time. I was at PGA Superstore yesterday and those are some expensive little suckers...$32 a dz.

Yeah, go with what works. Force of habit, I still mark mine with a sharpie too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I played Sat in a pretty good wind and lost 2 balls (from my random found ball pocket, didn't want start with my 330rxs...wisely)...on the 1st two holes and found a Supersoft while looking for the 2nd one...played it the rest of the side...finally put a ball from my stash in play on the back and finished the round with it.

Like it....the difference is the cover and short game spin to the 330rxs.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, but only because I'm not looking for them. Once in awhile my wife will play a yellow ball, if i don't know it, i usually don't see the ball until she tells me it's a different color, then I see it right away.