• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lost in Foxboro.....

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still amazes me how what 100-115 passes were thrown on Sunday.

Yeah redseat. Neither team could run so..let`em fly.....Weather wasn`t that bad either. Both teams better figure out how to run the ball better or they will be in trouble next 2 mos.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah redseat. Neither team could run so..let`em fly.....Weather wasn`t that bad either. Both teams better figure out how to run the ball better or they will be in trouble next 2 mos.

Yeah, the Patriots run "ok" at times and then just goes away. Granted when you can throw like both QBs can and were connecting last night no point in running. But yes, both these teams need to be able to run a lot better come play-off time.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Patriots run "ok" at times and then just goes away. Granted when you can throw like both QBs can and were connecting last night no point in running. But yes, both these teams need to be able to run a lot better come play-off time.

Patriots were running against the #1 rushing defense. Denver should have been able to run better against us. They were doomed with a pass-only offense.....

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots were running against the #1 rushing defense. Denver should have been able to run better against us. They were doomed with a pass-only offense.....

Agree south. Denver gave up way to early in trying to run ball. Hilman I think had 10 carries and CJ around 6 ( which I think he avg 6yds per ). Denver threw up a crap game Sun but so do alot of teams in Foxborro. If NE does win home field thru out playoffs, they will be very hard to beat. Denver,esp if they meet NE again, better be at home. NE def has tougher road to secure than Denver. Hell, way Pitts playing just might go thru there. That`s as long as Big Ben doesn`t come down from cloud 9. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at last 7 gms for both teams, this is kinda how it looks to me...
NE @ Indy - Loss Den @ Oak - Win
NE vs Detroit - ? Den @ ST Lou - Win
NE @ GB - Loss Den vs Miami - ?
NE @ SD - ? Den @ KC - Loss
NE Miami - Win ( payback in Fox) Den vs Buff - Win
NE @ NYJ - Win Den @ SD - ?
NE vs Buf - Win Den vs Oak - Win
NE gets 3 wins,2 loss and 2 iffys and Den gets 3 wins, 1 loss and 3 iffys. Both teams could very well be even after last 7 but I think Denver has edge with strength of Schedule. Going to be a great race for home field and watch out for Steelers too

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos shouldn't lose more than 2 of their last 7 games, while the Patriots could lose any of their next 5, which will all be difficult. At this time, on paper, it looks like the Broncos are more likely to secure HFA, but that means little right now. We shall see what happens.

As far as SOS, randymon, I'm not sure if you were referring to that in the sense of a tie breaker scenario or in the sense of who is more likely to finish with the better record. As for tie breakers, H2H would be the first tie breaker, and of course that would go to the Patriots, so the Broncos have to finish with a better record if they want to avoid going into Foxboro.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're praying that the Patriots next five will be their downfall.

Indy...........this team has literally shit the bed. They have a poor run defense and nearly no pass defense. If Brady plays even half as well as he did against Denver this will be a rout.

Detroit........The Lions are nearly unbeatable at home (sound familiar?) but they can't pull themselves togather at all on the road. They're an indoor team and they have to play in the cold and possibly foul weather in Foxboro. It could be a toiugh game but if they hold to form, it's a Lions loss.

Green Bay....This is the toughest of the bunch. It's in Green Bay and only the football gods know what the weather will be. If it's snowing and blowing, I'll Brady and the Patriots in a romp. If its mild and little or no wind, the Pats will lose. Rodgers is not a foul weather QB. The Pack defense is generally the difference in bad weather not the offense.

San Diego.......Another team that has shit the bed. Injuries are killing them and because they have to play without quality backups, they're getting more injuries every week. I thought this could be a killer for the Patriots but if the Chargers can't heal up, they pose no threat to either the Patriots or Broncos.

Miami........Another team that just plain doesn't play well in Foxboro. Worse if the weather is bad. This game is in December and it will not be in the 50's l;ike last year. This winter is supposed to start early and be a heavy snow season and bitter cold in January and February. 2013 was an abberation....Miami does play in cold weather until they get to Foxboro....Pats win this one.

New York Jets.....Sorry this years edition of the Jets is pathetic. They gave the Patriots problems, but the Pats had 4 non starters playing on the O-Line that week. As long at the O-Line stays intact, this isn't evcen going to be worth watching.

Buffalo........Always give the Patriots fits whether they're at home or at Foxboro. They just play their best against the Pats.....this will be a problem game, hopefully a Patriots Victory.

Patriots should be able to go 6-1 if they don't have any more significant injuries. 5-2 if they don't have everything go their way. 4-3 if the injury bug bites like 2012 and 2013.

It appears right now the Patriots could be 13-3 or worst case 12-4. I think the Broncos will finish the same either 13-3 or 12-4. If the Pats Broncs finish with the same record, I hope you guys get the Steelers..............

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL I think you have a short memory. Pats played really well yesterday. Congrats. As recently as last year in the AFC Championship Game, however, Denver showed that it was able to rebound from a regular season loss to NE and beat them when it counts. I don't think that anyone is "praying" that we don't play NE again.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It applied after our KC game and it applies after our Denver game.

You're never as good as your last game and you're never as bad as your last game.

That's why they re-set the clock each week!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
double post

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos shouldn't lose more than 2 of their last 7 games, while the Patriots could lose any of their next 5, which will all be difficult. At this time, on paper, it looks like the Broncos are more likely to secure HFA, but that means little right now. We shall see what happens.

As far as SOS, randymon, I'm not sure if you were referring to that in the sense of a tie breaker scenario or in the sense of who is more likely to finish with the better record. As for tie breakers, H2H would be the first tie breaker, and of course that would go to the Patriots, so the Broncos have to finish with a better record if they want to avoid going into Foxboro.

Yeah Hutch my SOS was implying NE has the toughest road to follow with their remaining foes compared to Denver's. But who takes care of buissness when it matters will be the xfactor. Another prob in Dec will be the spoiler teams. Both NE and Denver got some in div that can be headache for sure

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indy...........this team has literally shit the bed. They have a poor run defense and nearly no pass defense. If Brady plays even half as well as he did against Denver this will be a rout.

Detroit........The Lions are nearly unbeatable at home (sound familiar?) but they can't pull themselves togather at all on the road. They're an indoor team and they have to play in the cold and possibly foul weather in Foxboro. It could be a toiugh game but if they hold to form, it's a Lions loss.

Green Bay....This is the toughest of the bunch. It's in Green Bay and only the football gods know what the weather will be. If it's snowing and blowing, I'll Brady and the Patriots in a romp. If its mild and little or no wind, the Pats will lose. Rodgers is not a foul weather QB. The Pack defense is generally the difference in bad weather not the offense.

San Diego.......Another team that has shit the bed. Injuries are killing them and because they have to play without quality backups, they're getting more injuries every week. I thought this could be a killer for the Patriots but if the Chargers can't heal up, they pose no threat to either the Patriots or Broncos.

Miami........Another team that just plain doesn't play well in Foxboro. Worse if the weather is bad. This game is in December and it will not be in the 50's l;ike last year. This winter is supposed to start early and be a heavy snow season and bitter cold in January and February. 2013 was an abberation....Miami does play in cold weather until they get to Foxboro....Pats win this one.

New York Jets.....Sorry this years edition of the Jets is pathetic. They gave the Patriots problems, but the Pats had 4 non starters playing on the O-Line that week. As long at the O-Line stays intact, this isn't evcen going to be worth watching.

Buffalo........Always give the Patriots fits whether they're at home or at Foxboro. They just play their best against the Pats.....this will be a problem game, hopefully a Patriots Victory.

Patriots should be able to go 6-1 if they don't have any more significant injuries. 5-2 if they don't have everything go their way. 4-3 if the injury bug bites like 2012 and 2013.

It appears right now the Patriots could be 13-3 or worst case 12-4. I think the Broncos will finish the same either 13-3 or 12-4. If the Pats Broncs finish with the same record, I hope you guys get the Steelers..............

Patriots are 21-1 in last 22 games against Buffalo.....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at last 7 gms for both teams, this is kinda how it looks to me...
NE @ Indy - Loss Den @ Oak - Win
NE vs Detroit - ? Den @ ST Lou - Win
NE @ GB - Loss Den vs Miami - ?
NE @ SD - ? Den @ KC - Loss
NE Miami - Win ( payback in Fox) Den vs Buff - Win
NE @ NYJ - Win Den @ SD - ?
NE vs Buf - Win Den vs Oak - Win
NE gets 3 wins,2 loss and 2 iffys and Den gets 3 wins, 1 loss and 3 iffys. Both teams could very well be even after last 7 but I think Denver has edge with strength of Schedule. Going to be a great race for home field and watch out for Steelers too

have you looked at the Pats record after a bye week under Belichick?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes they were but they pretty much didn't even try. Granted they didn't need to the way Brady was throwing the ball.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Try telling that to the Giants..........:whistle:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy, Detroit, GB, SD and Miami can all beat the Patriots if they let down even a little.

I think with the current state of the Patriots they should be able to take most of them, 4-1 or 3-2 at worst but that may be enough for Denver.

It kills me but I think Denver will still get the top seed.

Unless people here think Denver is going to collapse??

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy, Detroit, GB, SD and Miami can all beat the Patriots if they let down even a little.

I think with the current state of the Patriots they should be able to take most of them, 4-1 or 3-2 at worst but that may be enough for Denver.

It kills me but I think Denver will still get the top seed.

Unless people here think Denver is going to collapse??

Eh, it's possible to lose a game or two without having a "collapse". The games at SD, KC and Cincinnati all figure to be tough, but any team can lose to any other team on a particular day. Can't just pencil in Ws.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is hoping to a continued trend where the patriots blast the broncos in the regular season and the broncos still get HFA.

:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It applied after our KC game and it applies after our Denver game.

You're never as good as your last game and you're never as bad as your last game.

That's why they re-set the clock each week!

This right here is why I pretty much took a day away from most things football. Checked here to make sure everybody was playing nice but otherwise just needed a day to put this game in perspective. You are right neither of our fan bases should get to high (Patriots) or too low (Broncos). I think Aaron Rodgers said it best in RELAX! Broncos laid a stinker but at least this time it wasn't in the Super Bowl where we have to wait months on end hearing about how bad our team got beat. We have another game and live to see another day. Our team as a whole just played bad on both sides of the ball. OL just had their worst game against a DL that I didn't think would give us fits. Not sure what happened there. DL didn't get the pressure like they have been. Corners were just out of position and confused. Thankfully the team now knows the weaknesses that they need to correct. Communication on those bunch formations for the defense really screwed with us. I would rather learn that now than in the playoffs. The team has a chance to learn from their mistakes.

I actually remember listening to an interview with Terrell Davis where he was talking about the 98' season where they were undefeated for so long. He said that the late season losses actually were good for them as they started developing an attitude that they were unbeatable and were not looking at their weaknesses on both sides of the ball like they should have. So it helped prepare them to move forward. So at this time not even close to hitting the panic button.

Just breaking this game down a bit...Honestly I only watched the first half as I had some local youth that my wife and I work with on Sunday afternoons. After seeing the final score decided it wasn't worth watching that 2nd half anyway. Anyway we lost all 3 phases of the game on Sunday...Special Teams cost us 10 points if not more in this one (missed field goal and punt return). This is where injuries actually did hurt us in most of our special teams top players have been hurt and missing practice.

Offense--The 2 interceptions alone cost the team 14-points. Throw in the many failed trips into the Red Zone which has never been an issue since Peyton came to town.

Defensively--3rd down and long has been probably our biggest issue on defense all year. We gave up 3 more in this one of plays 7 yards and longer. Those conversions lead to another 14 points in this game.

So that is 38 points total that came off of just not executing on our part as a team. Now given you have to give kudos to the Patriots for executing and taking advantage but all those things are things that this team can clean up to make this a little more of a fight.

Throw in I am hoping that Adam Gase and Peyton are learning very quickly that the run game has to be a big part of the game plan. Even when it is not working. I love Peyton to death but he does seem to want to abandon the run game if it isn't working early in games. Gase allows it to happen. Gase has to step up and say "No we are going to keep running it and making sure they have to respect that part of our game."

So all correctable things in this game that the team hopefully is watching the film and getting that sick feeling in their stomachs and saying "We will never allow this to happen again." Thankfully we have some great leadership in guys like Peyton, Ware, and Knighton that I think can help right the ship quickly.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here is why I pretty much took a day away from most things football. Checked here to make sure everybody was playing nice but otherwise just needed a day to put this game in perspective. You are right neither of our fan bases should get to high (Patriots) or too low (Broncos). I think Aaron Rodgers said it best in RELAX! Broncos laid a stinker but at least this time it wasn't in the Super Bowl where we have to wait months on end hearing about how bad our team got beat. We have another game and live to see another day. Our team as a whole just played bad on both sides of the ball. OL just had their worst game against a DL that I didn't think would give us fits. Not sure what happened there. DL didn't get the pressure like they have been. Corners were just out of position and confused. Thankfully the team now knows the weaknesses that they need to correct. Communication on those bunch formations for the defense really screwed with us. I would rather learn that now than in the playoffs. The team has a chance to learn from their mistakes.

I actually remember listening to an interview with Terrell Davis where he was talking about the 98' season where they were undefeated for so long. He said that the late season losses actually were good for them as they started developing an attitude that they were unbeatable and were not looking at their weaknesses on both sides of the ball like they should have. So it helped prepare them to move forward. So at this time not even close to hitting the panic button.

Just breaking this game down a bit...Honestly I only watched the first half as I had some local youth that my wife and I work with on Sunday afternoons. After seeing the final score decided it wasn't worth watching that 2nd half anyway. Anyway we lost all 3 phases of the game on Sunday...Special Teams cost us 10 points if not more in this one (missed field goal and punt return). This is where injuries actually did hurt us in most of our special teams top players have been hurt and missing practice.

Offense--The 2 interceptions alone cost the team 14-points. Throw in the many failed trips into the Red Zone which has never been an issue since Peyton came to town.

Defensively--3rd down and long has been probably our biggest issue on defense all year. We gave up 3 more in this one of plays 7 yards and longer. Those conversions lead to another 14 points in this game.

So that is 38 points total that came off of just not executing on our part as a team. Now given you have to give kudos to the Patriots for executing and taking advantage but all those things are things that this team can clean up to make this a little more of a fight.

Throw in I am hoping that Adam Gase and Peyton are learning very quickly that the run game has to be a big part of the game plan. Even when it is not working. I love Peyton to death but he does seem to want to abandon the run game if it isn't working early in games. Gase allows it to happen. Gase has to step up and say "No we are going to keep running it and making sure they have to respect that part of our game."

So all correctable things in this game that the team hopefully is watching the film and getting that sick feeling in their stomachs and saying "We will never allow this to happen again." Thankfully we have some great leadership in guys like Peyton, Ware, and Knighton that I think can help right the ship quickly.

I agree with you on the run game. I said before the game that NE defense can beat any pass-only offense. If Denver stayed with the run it would have been close at the very least and if the run was working the blow-out might have been the other way.....