• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Lakers 2018-2019 Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klutch loss. The more we lose, the better the draft pick. They had me worried for a minute.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 40-point loss with James giving a lot of indications he doesn't want to be a part of this team. where is all the action about waiting for your brother to come get you and that nonsense. I still say the Lakers should trade his ass ASAP after the season. Send him across the hall for whatever they can get out of him and let's go back to the team that was building something before this egomanical a-hole showed-up.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/watch-clyde-frazier-calls-lebron-183251043.html

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 40-point loss with James giving a lot of indications he doesn't want to be a part of this team. where is all the action about waiting for your brother to come get you and that nonsense. I still say the Lakers should trade his ass ASAP after the season. Send him across the hall for whatever they can get out of him and let's go back to the team that was building something before this egomanical a-hole showed-up.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/watch-clyde-frazier-calls-lebron-183251043.html

Tell us how you really feel LOL Love your passion, but it would be stupid to trade LBJ. He would not got to some teams, he would just retire. Fuck Frazier, LBJ did nothing wrong.
Why the Lakers aren't trading LeBron James

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see another win this season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see another win this season.

Good. At this point, the more ping pong balls the better. If we are truly going to have a shot at trading for AD, we need to get as high a draft pick as possible.

And if we get a high enough draft pick, maybe we don't want to trade it.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. At this point, the more ping pong balls the better. If we are truly going to have a shot at trading for AD, we need to get as high a draft pick as possible.

And if we get a high enough draft pick, maybe we don't want to trade it.
I agree. Dont like losing, but in this case we should.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pelicans have already adamantly, and I mean adamantly have stated they will not trade AD to the LA Lakers. Believing otherwise is just setting themselves up for another public embarrassment.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they have already gotten rid of several players they should have kept (Russell, Lopez, and Randle come to mind) and put all of their eggs in the Lebron James basket, why don't they go back to the team that was building something good before James was signed?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELLO LAKERS! someone walk across the hall and pay Jerry West whatever he wants to return to the Lakers, Say thanks but no thanks to Magic and Luke and get serious about being a winner again.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pelicans have already adamantly, and I mean adamantly have stated they will not trade AD to the LA Lakers. Believing otherwise is just setting themselves up for another public embarrassment.
I agree. No way will they ever trade AD to the Lakers. Time to move on.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To think that we are planning to use this draft to acquire more assets to present to the Pelicans is simply a step in the wrong direction. Go back to the team that was developing into a consistent winner before numbnuts showed-up.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they have already gotten rid of several players they should have kept (Russell, Lopez, and Randle come to mind) and put all of their eggs in the Lebron James basket, why don't they go back to the team that was building something good before James was signed?
I was one who was glade Lopez was gone. I thought he shot way too many threes here. Boy was I wrong. He would fit well on this team.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To think that we are planning to use this draft to acquire more assets to present to the Pelicans is simply a step in the wrong direction. Go back to the team that was developing into a consistent winner before numbnuts showed-up.
The only good thing is, most of these players are on one year contracts. So they can rebuild with shooters in the offseason. Get rid of KCP, Rando, and Make um Dance Lance. No more head casesl

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people act like this roster was the one that the Lakers were going to try to win a title with? I'm including some Lakers fans in that.

It's completely pointless to complain about a roster of 1 year place holders that were never going to be here beyond this year.

At Christmas, when the Lakers were the #4 seed, blowing out the Warriors and looking like they had some good chemistry...no one was talking about the 1 year players.

This season fell apart for 2 reasons. Too many guys out for too long with injuries and the AD debacle.

Absent those 2 things, this team is likely sitting in at least the 6th spot in the West and no one is talking about the roster other than who is coming in next year and who might be kept from this year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To think that we are planning to use this draft to acquire more assets to present to the Pelicans is simply a step in the wrong direction.

Actually, it's not at all.

Assets are assets, regardless of how they may be used. If they are acquiring assets good enough to get a player of AD's quality...then they are also gathering assets good enough to get someone like Bradley Beal or another very good player.

I also wouldn't necessarily rule out a trade for AD. If AD makes it clear that he isn't re-signing with anyone but the Lakers, the offers are unlikely to be very close to what the Pels are hoping to get. For example, if AD isn't re-signing with them, the Celtics aren't including Tatum in a trade.

In fact, even if AD doesn't say that, if Kyrie leaves, they may not want to include Tatum for fear that AD will walk after 1 season and they will have lost Kyrie and Tatum for nothing.

I've mentioned this before. But, if the Lakers were to trade for Bradley Beal and sign some one like Vucevic or even Boogie, it will have been a very good off-season. They could actually have a team that could contend. Especially if KD leaves the Warriors.

This would especially be true if they could manage to keep Ingram. Which, imo, they may be able to do in a trade for Beal, but it's very unlikely that they could keep him in a trade for AD.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people act like this roster was the one that the Lakers were going to try to win a title with? I'm including some Lakers fans in that.

It's completely pointless to complain about a roster of 1 year place holders that were never going to be here beyond this year.

At Christmas, when the Lakers were the #4 seed, blowing out the Warriors and looking like they had some good chemistry...no one was talking about the 1 year players.

This season fell apart for 2 reasons. Too many guys out for too long with injuries and the AD debacle.

Absent those 2 things, this team is likely sitting in at least the 6th spot in the West and no one is talking about the roster other than who is coming in next year and who might be kept from this year.
Laker fans have every right to be angry and complain!!!! Who are you to tell Laker fans how they should feel??? Who here said this was a championship roster???? The bottom line is, this seaon is a failure and Laker fans have a right to complain. Don't come here with this bullshit!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with ya TJF12. AD can yap about he is going to control things on which team he goes to but his rights are still owned by the Pelicans and in the immediate future, he goes where they send him until he becomes a FA. Then he can determine his outcome. The rest is utter bullshit with the reality being the Lakers will be looking totally stupid if they try to trade for AD when the Pelicans have already stated they will not oblige under any circumstances or list of assets.