• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Kings v Calgary Flames

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So upset that Quick wasn't pulled earlier.
So upset at 3-15
So upset that they didn't buy Richards out in the offseason
So upset that I have to go to work tomorrow with all the Blackhawks fans that wil come passed my desk to gloat
So upset that the Ducks fans at work, who don't know if the Ducks won their last game, will know the Kings lost.
So upset that the team only scored one goal in so many games.

Positives
The defense was serviceable all season
Shore was better as the season went on
Pearson and Toffoli played well most of the time
Nolan was better than I expected in the second half.
Kings can't raise prices too much next season
Kings keep their first round pick this year. ( not that it matters at 12-14)
My work will be happy that I am shaving in April

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Those are some good summations of the Kings season. I hope the Ducks and Hawks don't make it to the SCF. I can't stand to see there bandwagon fans.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IDK, if he'd take less $ I say keep him. Tyler and Tanner looked good with Carter. Keep the top two lines in tact. It's the bottom half that really needs rework.

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that did not quote. It was in response to: I'm all for stripping the C, how can a captain be a 4th line winger. Not sure who would take over?

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, that did not quote. It was in response to: I'm all for stripping the C, how can a captain be a 4th line winger. Not sure who would take over?
I love Drews passion and heart but I don't think he has the maturity to be captain.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Drews passion and heart but I don't think he has the maturity to be captain.

Maturity to me is showing up every night and having a superior competitive drive. Doughty can be "mouthy" with officials but it's all from the right place of competitiveness. When the Kings were going well over the last three years, Doughty always stepped up. And when called upon or needed, he would hit an even higher gear in order to carry the team. I have not seen anything different from Doughty late this year. He was doing everything within his ability to carry his team. He never quit. He epitomizes a captain to me and he just so happens to be the best player we have.

It was obvious that Doughty was injured two years ago against Chicago when we lost in 5. Last year he went bat shit crazy when we beat them in 7. This most recent season, some players looked satisfied, complacent - simply just not hungry. Not Doughty.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives
The defense was serviceable all season
Shore was better as the season went on
Pearson and Toffoli played well most of the time
Nolan was better than I expected in the second half.
Kings can't raise prices too much next season
Kings keep their first round pick this year. ( not that it matters at 12-14)
My work will be happy that I am shaving in April

Shore got better as the season went on? I missed games earlier in the year because I was still up in Nor Cal. But if he improved, then he must have been shit on skates 30+ games ago.

Did Pearson play more than 10 games this year? Small sample size.

Kings will raise prices anyway.

Grow a beard and so not shave until we win another cup.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shore got better as the season went on? I missed games earlier in the year because I was still up in Nor Cal. But if he improved, then he must have been shit on skates 30+ games ago.

Did Pearson play more than 10 games this year? Small sample size.

Kings will raise prices anyway.

Grow a beard and so not shave until we win another cup.
Yeah shore got better and yes he was worse than Richards and Stoll early in the season
I think he was equal or better towards the end. Not that being equal to Stoll is a compliment
Pearson played 42 games and was the one of the leading scorers (12 goals) when he played. He made Toffoli better by going to the net and treating space.
Yeah I know the Kings will raise prices but hopefully not by as much.
Trying to put some sugar on this crap sandwich of a season.

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maturity to me is showing up every night and having a superior competitive drive. Doughty can be "mouthy" with officials but it's all from the right place of competitiveness. When the Kings were going well over the last three years, Doughty always stepped up. And when called upon or needed, he would hit an even higher gear in order to carry the team. I have not seen anything different from Doughty late this year. He was doing everything within his ability to carry his team. He never quit. He epitomizes a captain to me and he just so happens to be the best player we have.

It was obvious that Doughty was injured two years ago against Chicago when we lost in 5. Last year he went bat shit crazy when we beat them in 7. This most recent season, some players looked satisfied, complacent - simply just not hungry. Not Doughty.

That is exactly how I feel... He is the only one who seems to care all the time... Not DB.. that guy is a ghost and NOT a leader. I feel like the whole "well who else would be?" mentality has got to go.. DB has got to go with it. He never seems to be the spark to ignite the team and rather just this guy whos 'stuck' with the C.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doughty wears it on sleeve. Doughty for Captain: 2015-2016

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy only captained the team to 2 cup wins......but that's only because of all the other leadership on the team, so why does it even matter where letter is?

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It matters because if you aren't going to be a captain, then don't. He's lost "it".. He rarely shows up. In my opinion, a captain is the one who takes the reigns when the team plays like shit and gets everything going. A captain showing heart and leading is inspiring.. A leader who runs to the bench or rarely stands up for his teammates.. and especially sits back when the team is getting hammered, is one that needs to no longer lead. I would argue that Doughty would embody this role and show a "never die" attitude.. He's mature enough, he's 25, and he's been playing quite a while now. Pass the C.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown never had "it" to lose, sure he got a few more points but he never did anything you mention a captian should do and they got 2 cups for it.

You don't need a C on your shoulder to "take the reigns of the team" when they play like shit.....you just do it, professionals aren't going to follow or not follow because of a letter. Do you think they sit on the bench and tell themselves "wow , Doughty is really trying to pick up his game and lead us to victory! To bad he doesn't have a C on his jersey or I would follow his lead."

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you keep saying that.. and no, I don't agree with you.. and yes, I do think that players follow a captain. Brown was fantastic in the 2012 run.. he was a beast! The next cup run was totally different and full of desperation. You can be condescending all you want, doesn't change the matter at all.

You play hockey, right? Or no? My captains have always inspired our team when things are down.. I don't think because they are paid professionals that all of that suddenly changes into this whole ME mentality and they just sit back all cynical and think these thoughts you apparently know they think.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think fans know who makes a good captian.
Players, coaches and others in the NHL have said Brown is a good captian. They have given him a letter in international events. We have no idea how he leads or interacts with the refs and the coaches and the players. We just see he is not playing well on the ice but no one is question his heart, just his ability.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a team needs a spark anyone can do it, it has been proven time and again that true leadership does not require the recognition of such. Most of the time stripping the C while a player is still in town has not made miracle changes for those clubs has it? Kick, you seem to be the one that thinks they have those cynical thoughts and "need" some sort of miracle captain with a C on his shirt. Yes, I have played a lot of hockey...so? In all of this success many players have stepped up, was all of that due to Browns leadership? If yes why strip him and call him a shitty leader after 1 bad year? If its not because of Brown leading, then why does it matter so much?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think fans know who makes a good captian.
Players, coaches and others in the NHL have said Brown is a good captian. They have given him a letter in international events. We have no idea how he leads or interacts with the refs and the coaches and the players. We just see he is not playing well on the ice but no one is question his heart, just his ability.

For the most part I agree with this, not every team needs the same kind of leader. If the players and coaches think its a leadership problem they will most likely address it.