• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

looks like the dolphins are on track to win the afc east

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Kool-Aid could get stale but this Kool-Aid is stale. The Dolphins have become the NFL poster children for mediocrity and this year will be no different.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
briz was perhaps the biggest homer in pats history, driftwood as most of us from the other sites that burned out, CBS, ESPN, etc. RIP brizzy

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot, always like Briz . He always made me smile with his posts.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the difference. You have two divisions that have one team that competes.
I mean last year maybe but in years past the South had Houston and Indy competing when was the last time buffalo NYJ or Miami did anything?
The Jets that made back to back AFCCG a few years ago? Those Jets? I mean if you're going to bring up Houston like they've accomplished something...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they now have DonkeyKong Sue.

Donk couldn't get to Brady last year while with the #1 defense. How is he going to get to Brady this year?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Perhaps the fins will have an offense this year. That RB will help? I still say 8-8 revisit.....
That was a straight up ass beating last fall.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets that made back to back AFCCG a few years ago? Those Jets? I mean if you're going to bring up Houston like they've accomplished something...
Lol. Throwback to when I thought Mark Sanchez was a decent QB.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a straight up ass beating last fall.

43 - 9 against the best defense in football. DonkeyKong was invisible. Now Miami is going to the Superbowl with DonkeyKong @ $120 million? Detroit will still have one of the best defense in NFL and a chance to grow. Miami better get lucky because they will have all their money tied up in a guy that is going to start hanging around with Chris Johnson and the Pouncey twins.....

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miami Dolphins should be very improved this year & they should win the AFC East this year too. I am predicting that they finish the season by going 11 - 5 & I'll explain why. The key reasons that Miami finished 7-9, 8-8, 8-8 records for the last 3 years is because, 1) Joe Philbin's determination to play experienced veterans over better talented 1st & 2nd year players . 2) Miami didn't have the play-makers needed to run a consistently good offense. 3) Miami didn't have a complete 3 down RB that contributed to keeping drives alive & running down the clock. 4) Miami was lacking the interior DT's to plug the run or create more pass rushing opportunities for DE's like they have in the past. 5) The overall roster was a lot less talented than it is now. Here is how I compare the 2014 roster to the 2015 roster.

On offense Miami made MAJOR improvements to the skilled positions, although it's very skeptical if they did enough to improve the leaky offensive line. While this offense has a chance of being one of the better offenses in the entire league, the OL MUST IMPROVE in order to become a great offense.

2014 / QB - 1. Ryan Tannehill 2. Matt Moore 2015 / QB - 1. Ryan Tannehill 2. Matt Moore Miami retained the same 2 QB's for a second straight year in a ascending offense. With better overall play-makers on offense + a year of experience in the same offense should lead to better production.
2014 / WR - 1. Mike Wallace 2. Jarvis Landry 3. Bryan Hartline 4. Brandon Gibson 2015 / WR - 1. DeVante Parker 2. Jarvis Landry 3. Kenny Stills 4. Greg Jennings last years group didn't have nearly as much play making ability as the new group. Wallace had speed but, he's short & a bad route runner that doesn't consistently fight for receptions. Brian Hartline only has average speed & offers zero after the catch ability. Brandon Gibson rarely stayed healthy enough to remain on the field & he had very limited run after the catch ability also. This years group ( Parker, Stills, Landry, Jennings ) all offer better abilities than last years group.

2014 / RB - 1. Knowshon Moreno 2. Lamar Miller 3. Damien Williams 2015 / RB - 1. Lamar Miller 2. Jay Ajayi 3. Damien Williams The running back group from last year to this year is basically a push, with Jay Ajayi taking over for Moreno. All in all this group should get better results if the can remain healthy this time around.
2014 / TE - 1. Charles Clay 2. Dion Sims 2015 / TE - 1. Jordan Cameron 2. Dion Sims This position group will all come down to the health of Jordan Cameron. If he remains healthy & active for the entire season, he is a marginal upgrade over Charles clay because of his strecth the field ability & his size as a red zone target. If he can't remain healthy Charles Clay's abilities would be sorely missed.

2014/OL LT-Brandon Albert,LG-Daryn Colledge,C-Samson Satele,RG-Dallas Thomas,RT-JuWuan James 2015/OL LT-Brandon Albert, LG-Dallas Thomas, C-Mike Pouncey, RG-Billy Turner ,RT-JuWuan James This Offensive line group hasn't changed much from last years group & it's debatable if this group will play better than last years group played. Health & Development will be the 2 key obstacles here. All Pro Brandon Albert needs to play like the 2014 Albert & remain healthy this time + the 2 new OG's (Possibly Dallas Thomas & Billy Turner) MUST develop & hold their own on this new look OL.

On Defense Miami will count on the DL to be a HUGE difference maker for this team. With the acquisitions of Ndamukong Sugh & Jordan Phillips, to go along with Cameron Wake, Olivier Vernon & Earl Mitchell, Miami will expect to be a top 5 team in Sacks & Turn Over Differential.

2014 / DL - LDE - Cameron Wake, LDT - Randy Starks, RDT - Jared Odrick, RDE - Olivier Vernon 2015 / DL - LDE - Cameron Wake, LDT - Ndamukong Suh, RDT - Jordan Phillips, RDE - Olivier Vernon While I'm not sure if Suh will play next to Wake OR Vernon, he with the addition of Jordan Phillips, should make Miami's defensive line & overall defense one of the very best in the NFL. Miami should lead the entire NFL in sacks by AT LEAST 15 or more.

2014 / LB's - SLB - Phillip Wheeler MLB - Koa Misi WLB - Jelani Jenkins 2015 / LB's - SLB - Chris McCain MLB - Koa Misi WLB - Jelani Jenkins While on the surface the Linebacker positions doesn't look much better, Miami's youthfull talent in back up positions are far more prepared than last years group was. With stud run stuffers Ndamukong Suh & Jordan Phillips eating up all the blocking in front of them, this young versitile line-backing core & secondary can unleash havoc on opposing offenses.

2014 / DB's - LCB - Brent Grimes RCB - Cortland Finnegan SS - Louis Delmas FS - Reshad Jones 2015 / DB's - LCB - Brent Grimes RCB - Jamar Taylor SS - Louis Delmas FS - Reshad Jones Although this secondary doesn't seem much better or different from last years secondary. Remember that Miami lost half their secondary to injury for practically the entire second half of the season & had to play the 1st for games without Reshad Jones last year. This year with better health, the additions of Brice & Bobby McCain & tons of better overall depth to all the DB positions, this will be one of the best secondary's they have had in years.

So as you can see this entire team has made major improvements & SHOULD lead them to AT LEAST 3 more wins & a 11 win season. I see them competing against the Pats (who the league protects) for the division.