• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that the Rams are going to be screwed out of LA. I really hope I'm wrong, but it seems like the only way we go is if the Chargers and the Rams go ahead and share the stadium on Kronke's land.

I thought I read that the Carson land is mostly on an old landfill? Maybe that could be our ace in the hole?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking into my crystal ball, here is how it is going to all end up and why...

1. Rams and Chargers in LA (Inglewood).
2. Jags in St. Louis.
3. Oakland in Mexico City.
4. An expansion team in San Diego.

1. Historically both teams have roots and fan bases in LA and both owners covet the LA market the most. All we are seeing now is a dance between Kroenke and Spanos in angling positions for later negotiations.
Makes sense because no realignment would be necessary in either the AFC West nor the NFC West and both owners get their new stadium and location they desire.

2. Jags need a new home and the City of St. Louis wants to build one, which makes this a good fit.
Makes sense because the Jags have trouble drawing crowds and the central location of St Louis will put them smack dab in the middle of their AFC South rivals, Indy 3.5 hours (Car); Nashville 4.5 hours (Car); and Houston 3.5 hours (Air) away. Plus the Jags can draw from their old rivals too, Pittsburgh 3.5 hours (Air)

3. Since no one is really clamoring for the Raiders to stay in Oakland and Davis has the least amount of capital of the teams looking for a new stadium and the fact the NFL is looking for a partner to move the league outside of the US globally, makes the Raiders a great fit for Mexico City.
Makes sense because Davis can now walk in the boots of his Daddy and become a trail blazer for the league. Also Mexico City provides a larger fan base than any current NFL location by population (Greater than New York and much greater than LA!) and the largest stadium capacity (Aztec stadium) which has held as many as +114K! Long term, Davis should get additional cash from the League towards building a new stadium there from moving his team outside the US in their International endeavors, no doubt.

4. If San Diego is serious about building a stadium there are several site options that have been proposed over the years, Oceanside, Chula Vista and National City have all been in talks to get the Chargers to relocate and provide stadium building funds. So I'm sure they would consider an expansion team. Also the site that makes the most sense, is the Downtown location just south of Petco Park. (Maybe Blue was unaware of this location but it is available and has been proposed) Last the Convention site has included plans in the final phase of Convention Center Expansion for a stadium. This site too is very promising because the convention says the stadium would practically pay for itself due to increased use of the Convention Center.
Make sense because a new stadium in San Diego supported by an NFL team would allow San Diego to host Super Bowls again and put the city in the running for the 2028 & 2032 Summer Olympics. Also, the City has shown they will support an NFL team averaging just under the league average of 67K.

Well, that's the deal, if you believe in crystal balls!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes a lot of sense all-around Vita. One thing for sure. The Rams will end up back in LA.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Vita, I really didn't think south towards Chula Vista I was more thing north, also where the Sports Arena and towards Sea World is a possibility. I like the crystal ball look, I just wonder if London might be ahead of Mexico City in the pecking order.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Jags in St. Louis.

1. Historically both teams have roots and fan bases in LA and both owners covet the LA market the most. All we are seeing now is a dance between Kroenke and Spanos in angling positions for later negotiations.
Makes sense because no realignment would be necessary in either the AFC West nor the NFC West and both owners get their new stadium and location they desire.

2. Jags need a new home and the City of St. Louis wants to build one, which makes this a good fit.
Makes sense because the Jags have trouble drawing crowds and the central location of St Louis will put them smack dab in the middle of their AFC South rivals, Indy 3.5 hours (Car); Nashville 4.5 hours (Car); and Houston 3.5 hours (Air) away. Plus the Jags can draw from their old rivals too, Pittsburgh 3.5 hours (Air)

3. Since no one is really clamoring for the Raiders to stay in Oakland and Davis has the least amount of capital of the teams looking for a new stadium and the fact the NFL is looking for a partner to move the league outside of the US globally, makes the Raiders a great fit for Mexico City.
Makes sense because Davis can now walk in the boots of his Daddy and become a trail blazer for the league. Also Mexico City provides a larger fan base than any current NFL location by population (Greater than New York and much greater than LA!) and the largest stadium capacity (Aztec stadium) which has held as many as +114K! Long term, Davis should get additional cash from the League towards building a new stadium there from moving his team outside the US in their International endeavors, no doubt.

4. If San Diego is serious about building a stadium there are several site options that have been proposed over the years, Oceanside, Chula Vista and National City have all been in talks to get the Chargers to relocate and provide stadium building funds. So I'm sure they would consider an expansion team. Also the site that makes the most sense, is the Downtown location just south of Petco Park. (Maybe Blue was unaware of this location but it is available and has been proposed) Last the Convention site has included plans in the final phase of Convention Center Expansion for a stadium. This site too is very promising because the convention says the stadium would practically pay for itself due to increased use of the Convention Center.
Make sense because a new stadium in San Diego supported by an NFL team would allow San Diego to host Super Bowls again and put the city in the running for the 2028 & 2032 Summer Olympics. Also, the City has shown they will support an NFL team averaging just under the league average of 67K.

Sorry Vita. but I don't think any of those things are going to happen. With the threat of terrorism going on in this country right now do you really think the NFL could be dumb enough to put a team in Mexico City? They can't be that dumb. Time will tell though.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Vita, I really didn't think south towards Chula Vista I was more thing north, also where the Sports Arena and towards Sea World is a possibility. I like the crystal ball look, I just wonder if London might be ahead of Mexico City in the pecking order.
The pros are a heavy favorite for London blue! (Pros as in $$$$)

In the 14 International games in the London area, their attendance has averaged over 83K! The league likes that!

The cons, well the flight time from the West Coast is a staggering 10.5 hours! Also the Jet lag from time zone changes (8 hours difference) Plus practice times are truly issues to be considered when considering the round trip affair would be 21 hours!

Yes, going to Mexico City would have the Pats and Seahawks with the worst of it when flying to Mexico City (And of course the home team from Mexico City) because it is 6.5 hours by air but that additional 4 hours is a huge difference especially when considering the time zone difference. Since Mexico City is in the Central time zone, it makes it a lot easier on the teams because there would be no jet lag to factor in.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Vita. but I don't think any of those things are going to happen. With the threat of terrorism going on in this country right now do you really think the NFL could be dumb enough to put a team in Mexico City? They can't be that dumb. Time will tell though.

What Mexican terrorism is there? There are drug cartel issues, but I doubt that's what you're referring to.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not Canada if the NFL wants to expand globally? It would seem to be the safest and easiest first step...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we know they want to, but you are right to some degree. I do see the items I listed to occur from first to last in that order.

1. 2016-2017
2. 2018-2019
3. and 4. 2020-2022

Even then, maybe my crystal ball sees the Raiders only moving as far south as San Diego and they end up being the team to play for America's Finest City!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could've stayed in San Diego personally, lol. Lived in the apartments across from USD (brother was a student), view of the fireworks at Seaworld. Apartment was crappy otherwise, but functional. The job I had lined up at Qualcomm disappeared, so I moved back to NY when the money ran out. Wouldn't mind going back someday, maybe in PB?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Mexican terrorism is there? There are drug cartel issues, but I doubt that's what you're referring to.

Not necessarily Mexican but Isis. NFL football is about as American as It can get. They would like nothing more to blow up something there. U saw what just happened to that soccer game in France... I don't think the NFL can take that chance. No Mexico city or London. Not to mention what NFL players are going to want to live there?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not Canada if the NFL wants to expand globally? It would seem to be the safest and easiest first step...

They tried with the Bills playing games in Toronto. It simply didn't go over very good.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have to remember the owners don't necessarily want expansion. That's two more owners that they have to share the money with. That's a lot of money. San Antonio is probably the biggest talk of an expansion team but I don't see Jerry Jones wanting to share and see someone coming into his territory and steal a lot of Merch along with a lot of Cowboy fans.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow shopson, I lived in Old Town 2 blocks from USD. :nod: I was 18 and 19 years old and 2 blocks from 1st time out of dad's house fresh Catholic girls looking to experience the world. :thumb: What a great time. I also was never going to leave but 3 of us got a wild hair and moved to Eugene, Oregon and tried to play for the Ducks. :tsk: Never worked out of course but was fun for the next 10 months. San Diego is a great city and you can't ever blame the weather for anything.:suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is not going to Canada. They already have their own league of which the championship is the Grey Cup. Canadians tolerate American players but they don't like the American version of football with the smaller field and the smaller on-field roster and they are intensely loyal to their Canadian league teams.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Jags in St. Louis.

1. I don't see them sharing a stadium. Kroenke will charge an arm and a leg and Spanos wouldn't go for it.
2. Would be possible if the Rams did move to Los Angeles but I think that Khan is trying to make it work in Jacksonville with the numerous improvements he's been making to the stadium. If anything, I can see Khan taking over the Rams in some type of ownership swap if they stay in St. Louis and Kroenke moving the Jags somewhere.
3. Don't see Mexico City happening. There's probably quite a few cities here in the states that'd be willing to support an NFL team before trying to move them down to Mexico.
4. Not happening. If they create one, they'll have to create a second team. The talent pool is already pretty thin so you'd just have two more lousy teams, plus have to realign everything again. And as 27mtrcougar said, that's more money the other owners would have to share with those teams.

That's just my :2cents:.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I don't see them sharing a stadium. Kroenke will charge an arm and a leg and Spanos wouldn't go for it.
I'm thinking a deal gets brokered to afford Spanos a fair deal to make it all work.

It could be Spanos' angle all along along, you know, using Davis as a pawn to keep the pressure on Stan with a Carson project.

If Stan offers up a tenant deal that is fair to favorable for Spanos, it could be the very thing that gets Stan to his end goals of his Rams having an LA Zip code.

With Spanos in tow, it brings the NFL vote full circle and everything falls into place. So why in the world would Stan figure that charging Spanos an arm and a leg would be prudent?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking a deal gets brokered to afford Spanos a fair deal to make it all work.

It could be Spanos' angle all along along, you know, using Davis as a pawn to keep the pressure on Stan with a Carson project.

If Stan offers up a tenant deal that is fair to favorable for Spanos, it could be the very thing that gets Stan to his end goals of his Rams having an LA Zip code.

With Spanos in tow, it brings the NFL vote full circle and everything falls into place. So why in the world would Stan figure that charging Spanos an arm and a leg would be prudent?

Because Kroenke would know he had Spanos by the balls if he wanted to move bad enough if Carson falls through. Since there's no plan B for either the Chargers or Raiders that I'm aware of, he can play both of them off of each other and pretty much try to extort them for as much money as he can. So I don't believe Spanos will go along with Kroenke and would rather try to make Carson work along with Davis and Iger and hang Kroenke out to dry.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Kroenke would know he had Spanos by the balls if he wanted to move bad enough if Carson falls through. Since there's no plan B for either the Chargers or Raiders that I'm aware of, he can play both of them off of each other and pretty much try to extort them for as much money as he can. So I don't believe Spanos will go along with Kroenke and would rather try to make Carson work along with Davis and Iger and hang Kroenke out to dry.
Fair enough, but I equate extortion as a Mob tactic not a businessman's tactic.

Time will tell, and by that I mean, I think we will see a fair Kroenke offer to Spanos' either by the deadline this January in 2016 or prior to the final deadline in January 2017.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but I equate extortion as a Mob tactic not a businessman's tactic.

Time will tell, and by that I mean, I think we will see a fair Kroenke offer to Spanos' either by the deadline this January in 2016 or prior to the final deadline in January 2017.

You have to remember Spanos and Davis are partners. From my understanding that's just not a handshake between the two... Its a written contract so there would be major repercussions if one of them broke off the deal to join Stan. Also Spanos doesn't like Stan. Supposedly he reached out to him a while back and Stan basically ignored his call didn't even return it. Sounds like Stan. I just don't see any benefit for Spanos to team up with Stan when he can have his own stadium in Carson.