• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the solution and it could be, the NFL must adjust the NFC and AFC divisions. The Chargers and Raiders will never share a stadium with both in the AFC West.:nono: That will leave it to the Rams, 49ers or Seattle to move into the AFC West and one of the two must move into the NFC West. Not at all a possibility since Seattle was once in the AFC west but and it will come up, the Raiders and the Chargers are original AFC teams.:doh: Neither may be willing to give that up even for the money. I have no problem the Rams in St Louis but the partnership will go through a grind when one has to give up the history lesson they have.:nod:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#5. The NFL wants to move back to LA.
The conspiracy theory has always been that the NFL wants no part of LA. They want to keep LA empty so that they can threaten all of the NFL teams with a move to the big market so that local cities will give billionaires tax subsidies.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Clayton that is the theory but this NFL is different now, team is London, games in Mexico, the past has changed to more global and where there is money, look for those owners with their hands out. If they think now there is money to be made in LA, it will become reality.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Clayton. I have seen that conspiracy theory. Interesting.
The only thing with that theory is that the NFL can have its cake and eat it, too, by moving the London market into the picture. I do think LA is getting somebody out of this ordeal

edit: ninja'd by about 5 seconds

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I agree. When it all said and done, there will be a team in LA and probably another back in St Louis. The Jags are a possible relocate for St Louis.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the AFC West getting butchered would be a tragedy. Chiefs, Raiders and Broncos have the best 3 way rivalry outside of the NFC East. Can't break that up.

Reactions: DJ

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I have stated from the very beginning, Kroneke has never liked St Louis even when he was a partial owner with the Queenie. He has his corporate offices in LA, his family is primarily based their, his wife owns major property there, and he has been thumbing his nose at St Louis ever since he bought the team outright from Steve Rosenbloom. You can speculate all you want with all of the scenarios but this guy is headed back to LA with the Rams in tow.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole issue has been troublesome for me. When I became a Rams fan they were in LA. So there is that. For me now, they are local. Well I am 2 and half hours south. So there is that. I don't like Stan as an owner. I don't believe he gives a rats ass about putting a quality product on the field. Or cutting joe sixpack a break on prices. (this isn't just him its the NFL in general) Its about the dollars for Stan.
Heart ,tradition love of the game and team are meaningless to him. But at the same time I have strong feelings about ownership rights. Not specifically the NFL ,but in general. I realize when you are allowed to buy a team there are many hoops to jump thru. Laws and by-laws and rules and regulations to follow. Before you can be apart of the old boy club. It just seems to me if I were to buy a nice sports car and a group told me its nice and all but you cant drive it, just where we tell you. Or I was to buy some land with a nice lake on it and someone told me its great but you cant fish there. I don't see me going quietly on either. I guess my point is let him put his team where he wants. Just get it over with already. :gaah:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I agree. When it all said and done, there will be a team in LA and probably another back in St Louis. The Jags are a possible relocate for St Louis.

If the Rams leave they won't build the stadium. STL won't get another team. The Jags will be in London if that ever happens which I doubt. Kahn is in charge of all the London arrangement of ghe games and promoting it. So he will have first dibbs.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you say there Ozark, but sports isn't the real world. I also don't agree with the fact that Elway said Im not going to play for the Colts, Or Eli for that matter. Sports is set up differently, "supposedly" and I said "Supposedly" in the draft it is set up to help the teams that are at the bottom of the food chain, these guys should be thankful wherever they go, they don't like it, then sign a short contract, prove yourself and then move on? Im surprised more guys haven't tried to pull this. I agree everyone should be allowed to go where they feel they will succeed, but sports isn't set up that way, and youre going to make your money, so like with any other job, get your foot in the door, build your resume, and down the road if you don't like it, move on!

I don't agree with an owner investing millions and possibly billions in a team and as you said, not being able to run it the way you want to or where you want to, but "supposedly" they have these "rules' or whatever you want to call them to help the league as a whole? Now whether it helps the league as a whole, who knows? Obviously it helps some teams more than others, and there are owners that will fight things just because they don't like someone else, or they feel this guy or that guy is getting more than them!

I don't know, but this whole thing is a mess and good luck to whoever figures it out!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you say there Ozark, but sports isn't the real world. I also don't agree with the fact that Elway said Im not going to play for the Colts, Or Eli for that matter. Sports is set up differently, "supposedly" and I said "Supposedly" in the draft it is set up to help the teams that are at the bottom of the food chain, these guys should be thankful wherever they go, they don't like it, then sign a short contract, prove yourself and then move on? Im surprised more guys haven't tried to pull this. I agree everyone should be allowed to go where they feel they will succeed, but sports isn't set up that way, and youre going to make your money, so like with any other job, get your foot in the door, build your resume, and down the road if you don't like it, move on!

I don't agree with an owner investing millions and possibly billions in a team and as you said, not being able to run it the way you want to or where you want to, but "supposedly" they have these "rules' or whatever you want to call them to help the league as a whole? Now whether it helps the league as a whole, who knows? Obviously it helps some teams more than others, and there are owners that will fight things just because they don't like someone else, or they feel this guy or that guy is getting more than them!

I don't know, but this whole thing is a mess and good luck to whoever figures it out!
The die is set. But I have always found the Green Bay model to be interesting. Any Major City should have the capital and fan base to buy teams out right.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the solution and it could be, the NFL must adjust the NFC and AFC divisions. The Chargers and Raiders will never share a stadium with both in the AFC West.:nono: That will leave it to the Rams, 49ers or Seattle to move into the AFC West and one of the two must move into the NFC West. Not at all a possibility since Seattle was once in the AFC west but and it will come up, the Raiders and the Chargers are original AFC teams.:doh: Neither may be willing to give that up even for the money. I have no problem the Rams in St Louis but the partnership will go through a grind when one has to give up the history lesson they have.:nod:

Just curious but why wouldn't the Cardinals move to the AFC West? If there's a team that wouldn't move, I believe that the 49ers are the safest to stay where they're at in the NFC West. I have a feeling that if it's the Carson project that gets approved and the Chargers and Raiders share a stadium then it'll be the Chargers that move to the NFC West and either the Cards or the Seachickens moving to the AFC West.

Right now, I want what will piss off Kroenke the most, which is the Carson project to go ahead. Hopefully that'll piss him off enough to sell the team to someone that'd actually want the team and doesn't mind that they're in St. Louis (doubt it would happen but that'd be what I'd want anyways).

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when you have the GS model in Pro Basketball as an example of owners who give a damn, it is difficult to rectify a completely self-absorbed, moronic, recluse like Kroneke moving his team and doing with it what he wants just because he owns it. The NFL wants to force uber-rich owners like Kroneke to invest some responsibility and loyalty to the people that pay a portion of his earnings and salary and that is the fans. When a guy like Kroneke thumbs his nose at the fans than the fans have an obligation to get this dolt's attention by not supporting the product even if he moves it to another city. Will any of this really occur? Don't hold your breath.

Last edited: