• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the NFL says no to Stan and they tell him he must stay in St Louis what happens to his stadium? I hear that the Bulldozers are already breaking ground in Inglewood on an approved stadium. So would he lease that stadium to the Chargers/Raiders? Sounds crazy to me.

No. the Chargers/ Raiders are building their own stadium in Carson. Stan won't build his.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me Oakland stays in Oakland. Chargers go to LA. And St lou stays put. These are not written in stone just seems to be the way the wind is blowing. I defer to anyone who knows for sure.

I don't think so Ozark the Chargers and Raiders are partners and will share a stadium. The NFL wants two teams in LA. That's why last week Stan came out and said he would be willing to share his stadium with the Chargers in a last ditch effort trying to split the Chargerd/Raiders but it didn't work. The owner of the Chargers and Raiders wrote a letter to the NFL saying this and that they wanted nothing to do with Stan.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so Ozark the Chargers and Raiders are partners and will share a stadium. The NFL wants two teams in LA. That's why last week Stan came out and said he would be willing to share his stadium with the Chargers in a last ditch effort trying to split the Chargerd/Raiders but it didn't work. The owner of the Chargers and Raiders wrote a letter to the NFL saying this and that they wanted nothing to do with Stan.
Yeah I did read that. I believe Stan overplayed his hand. But in the end he still wins.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan won't build his.
“This is ‘Field of Dreams’ stuff,” Inglewood Mayor James T. Butts told Hunn. “Build it and they will come.”
So who’s they? The most obvious candidate at this point is the Rams.
As for the aviation concerns go...The findings allow the developers, including St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke, to resolve the issues although it could add time and expense to a plan that architects have been working on for more than a year. The proposal has been entitled, designed and, planners, say, the preparation work to begin construction on the 290-acre site is nearly completed.

"I had no doubt at all that we will all work out a reasonable set of mitigation measures and we will all be happy," said Chris Meany, senior vice president of the Hollywood Park Land Co., which controls the property.

"There is nothing about this that isn't in the ordinary course of business. This is the process you go through."

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“This is ‘Field of Dreams’ stuff,” Inglewood Mayor James T. Butts told Hunn. “Build it and they will come.”
As for the aviation concerns go...The findings allow the developers, including St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke, to resolve the issues although it could add time and expense to a plan that architects have been working on for more than a year. The proposal has been entitled, designed and, planners, say, the preparation work to begin construction on the 290-acre site is nearly completed.

"I had no doubt at all that we will all work out a reasonable set of mitigation measures and we will all be happy," said Chris Meany, senior vice president of the Hollywood Park Land Co., which controls the property.

"There is nothing about this that isn't in the ordinary course of business. This is the process you go through."

Well if the NFL says no to him he's not going to build a stadium. Maybe he will build another Mega Walmart. I believe that artical you are referring to is old. Lots of things have changed since then.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats the part I don't understand. Know one is backing down. Carson is a go. Inglewood wants to break ground and St Louis is passing the financing as we speak. :noidea:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the NFL says no to him he's not going to build a stadium. Maybe he will build another Mega Walmart. I believe that artical you are referring to is old. Lots of things have changed since then.
Maybe he will build a stadium for another team. Maybe he would be fine with that but it sure doesn't make sense to me.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I did read that. I believe Stan overplayed his hand. But in the end he still wins.

He underestimated the effert Dave Peacock would have putting a stadium plan together so fast here in STL. Plus the teaming efforts with the Chargers/Raiders helped and Bob Iger of Disney teaming up with them was the real game changer. The NFL Owners love him and know he will make them money. Of course nothing is final but the momentum is going the Carson project way big time at the moment.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never understood why they don't bring an expansion team in. Making it truly a New LA team.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never understood why they don't bring an expansion team in. Making it truly a New LA team.
Mainly Because more teams cut into the owners piece of the pie on the TV money contracts. Plus the owners will split that $500,000 relocation fee.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

theres to many crappy teams as it is, why add another, the talent is pretty watered down now!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any of this happening, it could be done, but theres a lot to be done, and there is only like 8 months to do it in before next year?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any of this happening, it could be done, but theres a lot to be done, and there is only like 8 months to do it in before next year?

I believe they will announce what teams are going to LA next month.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonsignore: Does the NFL’s Committee on Los Angeles favor Carson over Inglewood?
AR-151219811.jpg
Artists rendering of the proposed Carson football stadium. (Credit: Manica Architecture)
By Vincent Bonsignore, Los Angeles Daily News

It seemed like an innocent question, just a simple ice breaker to Disney CEO Bob Iger wondering how he got involved as the new head of the Oakland Raiders’ and San Diego Chargers’ Carson stadium push.

Iger’s answer, and the stir it created, made it anything but your basic opening lob.

In fact, it opened up a bit of a can of worms while offering a peek into business, NFL style.

Turns out it was Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson who initially approached Iger last summer about joining the Carson project and who eventually played a role in Iger accepting the position.

Which immediately elicited a big “Huh?”

How can Richardson, a sitting member on the NFL’s six-owner Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities tasked with evaluating the various stadium options available in Los Angeles, also play such an integral role in the development of one of the two L.A. stadium proposals being considered by the NFL?

Richardson, a staunch supporter of Chargers owner Dean Spanos, is on record as saying he supports the Carson project over St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke’s Inglewood project — which is within his rights.

But from the outside looking in, his participation as a committee member enhancing the Carson effort certainly raises an issue of process fairness.

And as some have speculated, maybe even open the door for legal action depending how this all turns out.

The NFL hopes to vote in January to decide which bid prevails. Approval requires at least 24 votes by the 32 owners. Richardson holds one of those votes. The committee he sits on is expected to offer a recommendation on what project it prefers. Some fellow owners might use that recommendation to base their vote.

If there aren’t some blurry lines there somewhere, your eyes must be better than mine.

Richardson is a member of the committee, yet he’s also aiding one project over another while trying to claim that he can make a decision that is in best interest of NFL.

Seems a bit fishy.

But then, this is the NFL we are talking about. And as we’ve learned more than a few times over the years, business NFL style is as distinctively unique as it is an accepted part of life to those who conduct it.

Which is why I consider legal action a remote possibility, at best. Especially upon doing some poking around the last few days.

The shared general consensus being: Just the NFL being the NFL.

Richardson’s hand in improving the Carson project speaks to the gray area the league sometimes operates to push for as many vibrant options as possible. The title of the committee on which he sits reveals part of its role: The Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities. The argument can be made — and already has via league sources — part of the committee’s function is to maximize the league’s options — or opportunities — in Los Angeles which, in turn, might maximize the offers available from the home markets.

Richardson, then, was operating squarely within the committee’s mandate.

His actions eventually resulted in attracting Bob Iger to an NFL project, which indisputably leaves the league better off than it was before.

And by strengthening the project, he put more pressure on San Diego and Oakland to get something done. To take it a step further, if for some reason Kroenke has a change of heart and accepts the stadium deal St. Louis leaders are proposing and Carson becomes the winner rather than a competing bid, it can be argued the work of Richardson helped make Carson a more dynamic plan.

As you can see, if it helps the bottom line the NFL will usually find a way to justify it.

Sketchy? Yes? Grounds for legal action? Not likely.

In fact, if I’m Kroenke and the Rams I’m probably wondering why Richardson felt the need to reach out to Iger in the first place.

To enhance the plan?

Or was it a Hail Mary pass?

The next month or so might reveal the answer. We’ll find out then what site the league prefers and who is in the lead or working from behind.

For now, it’s just business as usual, NFL style.

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-16_2-39-31.gif
    upload_2015-12-16_2-39-31.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 11

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they will announce what teams are going to LA next month.

Coug all joking aside, if the RAMS do move back to LA will you still like them?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug all joking aside, if the RAMS do move back to LA will you still like them?

Absolutely! I don't get the whole being pissed because they move thing. I can't stand Stan he's a bad owner but I'll still be invested in the team.