• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is too little, too late and a complete train wreck in the making. Nobody wants to play in St. Louis and certainly not for the Rams. If they stay there, we are guaranteed a crappy product into the foreseeable future.

Reactions: GNG

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is too little, too late and a complete train wreck in the making. Nobody wants to play in St. Louis and certainly not for the Rams. If they stay there, we are guaranteed a crappy product into the foreseeable future.

Retro, I've noticed every time St. Louis comes up with something, you always have something negative to say and your above statement is no different. This same team would still suck in LA.

The above news is good for St. Louis football fans because either way, NFL will exist in St. Louis... Will it be the Rams? Maybe, maybe not. Stan Kroenke is huge part of this team's performance... And he will follow them to LA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro, I've noticed every time St. Louis comes up with something, you always have something negative to say and your above statement is no different. This same team would still suck in LA.

The above news is good for St. Louis football fans because either way, NFL will exist in St. Louis... Will it be the Rams? Maybe, maybe not. Stan Kroenke is huge part of this team's performance... And he will follow them to LA.

This team sucked before Kroenke. In reality, there was only a brief blip of success under Vermeil/Martz. 4 winning seasons and two 8-8s in St. Louis out of 21 years, none in the past 10.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL will block Stan from moving to LA but there isn't much of a chance he's gonna move into the proposed stadium that St. Louis has come up with. He wants to own the dirt too. So either he will build his own stadium on that 200 acres he just bought or he will play in the Edward Jones Dome from year-to-year until something better comes up and he'll try to move again.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL will block Stan from moving to LA but there isn't much of a chance he's gonna move into the proposed stadium that St. Louis has come up with. He wants to own the dirt too. So either he will build his own stadium on that 200 acres he just bought or he will play in the Edward Jones Dome from year-to-year until something better comes up and he'll try to move again.

This is what I am seeing too. Stan doesn't have the votes. And St Louis isn't backing down. Stalemate. Stan goes year to year until he can sell,trade or move. I don't believe he expected St Louis to put up such a fight.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I am seeing too. Stan doesn't have the votes. And St Louis isn't backing down. Stalemate. Stan goes year to year until he can sell,trade or move. I don't believe he expected St Louis to put up such a fight.

Yep. Dave Peacock did an amazing job getting this stadium plan together in a years time. It totally caught the NFL offguard! I mean he beat the NFL at their own game. everyone thought the Rams would be gone for sure. There certainly will be a statue of him if the Rams stay. The city of STL passed the financing for the stadium yesterday too. The last hurdle.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Dave Peacock did an amazing job getting this stadium plan together in a years time. It totally caught the NFL offguard! I mean he beat the NFL at their own game. everyone thought the Rams would be gone for sure. There certainly will be a statue of him if the Rams stay. The city of STL passed the financing for the stadium yesterday too. The last hurdle.
My understanding is the Carson project has enough votes to block Stan and Stan has enough votes to block Carson but nobody has enough votes to move. The NFL has kinda of given the Chargers a wink and a nod preferring them to go to LA. And of course there is St Louis its self. Its all fluid and could change but....

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You actually believe that. It won't be some stalemate year to year, you are right he doesn't have the votes to move, but there is nothing legally they can do to stop him from moving. Sure I heard about the billion fine, but he won't pay that, they will be lucky if he even negotiates. He is the second richest owner in the NFL, that is now even before he moves to LA and double his teams value. If they insist on the billion dollar fine, he will insist on talking to his lawyers and will eventually beat this in court just like Al Davis did.

It is sad in a way on how he is treating St.Louis not putting any money towards a stadium, yet pretty much wants to fund the whole thing in Inglewood.

In the end, the other owners just want to wet their beak if a team moves to LA. Money talks, bullshit walks.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually believe that. It won't be some stalemate year to year, you are right he doesn't have the votes to move, but there is nothing legally they can do to stop him from moving. Sure I heard about the billion fine, but he won't pay that, they will be lucky if he even negotiates. He is the second richest owner in the NFL, that is now even before he moves to LA and double his teams value. If they insist on the billion dollar fine, he will insist on talking to his lawyers and will eventually beat this in court just like Al Davis did.

It is sad in a way on how he is treating St.Louis not putting any money towards a stadium, yet pretty much wants to fund the whole thing in Inglewood.

In the end, the other owners just want to wet their beak if a team moves to LA. Money talks, bullshit walks.
ok

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news for St.Louis is that they will get another team, wouldn't sleep on the Jags moving.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have presented the situation as I understand it at this time. I cant pretend to know for sure what will happen. Because the fact is I don't know. But I must say I am envious of those who do. :suds:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news for St.Louis is that they will get another team, wouldn't sleep on the Jags moving.

Not sure what you mean? The stadium will not be built if the Rams leave. If the Rams leave we won't get another team. Not after losing two already.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean? The stadium will not be built if the Rams leave. If the Rams leave we won't get another team. Not after losing two already.

Cougar, I honestly believe the Stadium will still be built even if the Rams leave. Peacock has said he wants the NFL in St. Louis and whether that is the Rams, that remains to be seen.

A stadium on the riverfront would be awesome! We may even get a soccer team!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cougar, I honestly believe the Stadium will still be built even if the Rams leave. Peacock has said he wants the NFL in St. Louis and whether that is the Rams, that remains to be seen.

A stadium on the riverfront would be awesome! We may even get a soccer team!

I wish but Peacock said it himself it won't be built without the Rams. You can't have a billion-dollar stadium just sitting there.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry but Stan is on record saying he won't move the team if the NFL says no. I don't see him going that way and pissing off all the owners.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis is more of a baseball town.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis is more of a baseball town.

Yes but it's a football city too. I believe 48 years of NFL football and 8 playoff berths.... We have seen lots of bad football. 12 consecutive non winning seasons. I find it amazing 50,000 people still show up.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To little to late? Getting the stadium plan together in a years time is amazingly fast. San Diego and Oakland have nothing on the table and they have been trying for 15 years. And they are playing in 50-year-old stadiums.