• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have literally never heard this about the Chargers fanbase. I heard some Chiefs fans tell me that they were outnumbering the Chargers fans when they flew out there.
I can believe this.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Oakland will fade and stay in Oakland. This will be the LA Rams and possibly the Chargers but knowing Kroneke, he doesn't like to share very often.

I think the only way the Rams move is if the city of STL screws up big time with the vote by the city console.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way the Rams move is if the city of STL screws up big time with the vote by the city console.

I would say the NFL scheduling the Rams for a home game in London that they know isn't allowed by their St. Louis lease is a strong clue that the Rams are moving.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kroneke isn't going to "add" the Chargers to his house (complex) he is building. The Chargers will probably remain in San Diego once the owner decides that Kroneke is going to take him to the cleaners to be a "partner" in LA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kroneke isn't going to "add" the Chargers to his house (complex) he is building. The Chargers will probably remain in San Diego once the owner decides that Kroneke is going to take him to the cleaners to be a "partner" in LA.

Could very well be. It appears "allies of Kroenke" are trying to get the Chargers involved, but that is probably just to keep the Raiders from having enough "no" votes to block the Rams.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are the Rams going to leave?

I ask because I am a 49ers fan from around the St. Louis area and I usually go to the game every year. Would love to hear from actual Rams fans that know what is going on

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I ask because I am a 49ers fan from around the St. Louis area and I usually go to the game every year. Would love to hear from actual Rams fans that know what is going on

yeah pretty much :tsk:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man this thing whole thing is just a crazy mess.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think so. we should find out next week when the city alderman votes. But it makes no sense... STL in just a years time is very close to a complete new stadium plan. so how can you take them to LA when the Chargers and Raiders have nothing on the table?? wouldn't common sense say they should move to LA? they are both playing in 50 year old stadiums and are already playing in the same state. wtf nfl

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

exactly why would the Charger owner want to partner with Stan? they don't get along for one thing and the chargers and raiders are already partners. Stan came out this week and said he wants to partner with the chargers because it is now known the NFL wants 2 teams in LA. So he is screwed without a partner.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the NFL scheduling the Rams for a home game in London that they know isn't allowed by their St. Louis lease is a strong clue that the Rams are moving.

do you really think the nfl is worried about one home game when your talking about finding the best solution to putting 2 teams in LA?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly why would the Charger owner want to partner with Stan? they don't get along for one thing and the chargers and raiders are already partners. Stan came out this week and said he wants to partner with the chargers because it is now known the NFL wants 2 teams in LA. So he is screwed without a partner.

Why would the Chargers owner want to partner with Stan?
A: Because in LA he would have a new stadium and more of a chance to make big money...

They don't get along and the Chargers and Raiders are already parters...
A: No, the Chargers will do what the NFL tells them to do and what's best for their situation, they're the lame duck here. They don't have the fanbase or the money to afford a stadium and relocation fees on their own...

Stan is screwed without a partner...
A:No, he's really not, but a partner would certainly help his cause. Of course, as a "partner" it would cost the Chargers a FORTUNE, Stan will make sure of that!!!

The NFL wants 2 teams in LA
A: Of course they do, it's one of the biggest markets in the USA. Big market=big money for the NFL as a whole. Doesn't mean they'll get 2 teams though, at least not at first.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Chargers owner want to partner with Stan?
A: Because in LA he would have a new stadium and more of a chance to make big money...

They don't get along and the Chargers and Raiders are already parters...
A: No, the Chargers will do what the NFL tells them to do and what's best for their situation, they're the lame duck here. They don't have the fanbase or the money to afford a stadium and relocation fees on their own...

Stan is screwed without a partner...
A:No, he's really not, but a partner would certainly help his cause. Of course, as a "partner" it would cost the Chargers a FORTUNE, Stan will make sure of that!!!

The NFL wants 2 teams in LA
A: Of course they do, it's one of the biggest markets in the USA. Big market=big money for the NFL as a whole. Doesn't mean they'll get 2 teams though, at least not at first.

A. The Chargers already have a stadium plan (Carson) with the Raiders? He doesn't need to be raped by Stan. Yuck.

B. I'm pretty sure the Carson plan is very legit and they can afford it. Especially with bob Iger from Disney now in their corner. Iger is totally in with the NFL owners too. When this was announced a couple weeks ago this is when Stan changed his tune.

C. Stan does not have the 24 owner votes needed to move the team on his own. This is why he is trying to partner with the Chargers but I don't see any reason why the Chargers would do that as stated above.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. The Chargers already have a stadium plan (Carson) with the Raiders? He doesn't need to be raped by Stan. Yuck.

B. I'm pretty sure the Carson plan is very legit and they can afford it. Especially with bob Iger from Disney now in their corner. Iger is totally in with the NFL owners too. When this was announced a couple weeks ago this is when Stan changed his tune.

C. Stan does not have the 24 owner votes needed to move the team on his own. This is why he is trying to partner with the Chargers but I don't see any reason why the Chargers would do that as stated above.

1. You keep mentioning this Carson plan, but it is NOWHERE near as shovel-ready as Stan's project is(Fact)...

2. Enough with the Iger and Disney crap, it means NOTHING!!! They do not own a team which means they have ZERO cache when it comes to league owners(Fact).

3. True, as of now he may not have the 24 votes, neither do the Raiders or the Chargers...Now what? You think no one is going to move? A backroom deal will be made and who is the ONLY guy with the money to make that kind of deal? That would be "our buddy" Stan who just happens to be one of the wealthiest guys on the planet. You add in his wife and you're talking over 10 BILLION!!! who can stop him? when it comes down to it, NO ONE and he knows it.

Unless St. Louis comes up with a deal that blows the mind of Stan, it's over, the Rams go to L.A...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. You keep mentioning this Carson plan, but it is NOWHERE near as shovel-ready as Stan's project is(Fact)...

2. Enough with the Iger and Disney crap, it means NOTHING!!! They do not own a team which means they have ZERO cache when it comes to league owners(Fact).

3. True, as of now he may not have the 24 votes, neither do the Raiders or the Chargers...Now what? You think no one is going to move? A backroom deal will be made and who is the ONLY guy with the money to make that kind of deal? That would be "our buddy" Stan who just happens to be one of the wealthiest guys on the planet. You add in his wife and you're talking over 10 BILLION!!! who can stop him? when it comes down to it, NO ONE and he knows it.

Unless St. Louis comes up with a deal that blows the mind of Stan, it's over, the Rams go to L.A...

Doesn't matter if it's shovel ready as much as the NFL can't screw this up again. They need the best plan. And that's where Iger comes into play. The owners might just have a little faith in probably the best guy on the planet when it comes to entertainment and brand name. He will over see the stadium plans. And he wil most likly buy part of the Raiders. I don't think I would underestimate how big it was when he joined the Carson team. If he's tight with the owners that means Votes. It doesn't matter how much money Stan has if the NFL likes the Carson plan better he can't move to LA. He doesn't have to go with the poposed STL stadium he can go year to year in the Jones dome til something else pops up or he can build his own stadium in STL on his own land and do it like he wants. He just bought 200 acres in the suburbs here a few weeks ago...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if it's shovel ready as much as the NFL can't screw this up again. They need the best plan. And that's where Iger comes into play. The owners might just have a little faith in probably the best guy on the planet when it comes to entertainment and brand name. He will over see the stadium plans. And he wil most likly buy part of the Raiders. I don't think I would underestimate how big it was when he joined the Carson team. If he's tight with the owners that means Votes. It doesn't matter how much money Stan has if the NFL likes the Carson plan better he can't move to LA. He doesn't have to go with the poposed STL stadium he can go year to year in the Jones dome til something else pops up or he can build his own stadium in STL on his own land and do it like he wants. He just bought 200 acres in the suburbs here a few weeks ago...

Again, Iger means next to nothing. I'm not sure where this fascination with him and Disney comes from. Unless St. Louis comes up with a better plan and a real way to pay for it, the Rams will be back in L.A....You think a guy like Iger is closer to the owners than a guy like Kroenke who has owned the team for years and has been prepping this move/powerplay for a new stadium for years?

BTW, Jerry Jones is backing Kroenke in a move to L.A....As the owner of the most valuable franchise in the NFL(Cowboys), his vote/influence goes a LONG way...

Also, yes being shovel-ready does matter right now. The NFL wants a team there within a year...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Iger means next to nothing. I'm not sure where this fascination with him and Disney comes from. Unless St. Louis comes up with a better plan and a real way to pay for it, the Rams will be back in L.A....You think a guy like Iger is closer to the owners than a guy like Kroenke who has owned the team for years and has been prepping this move/powerplay for a new stadium for years?

BTW, Jerry Jones is backing Kroenke in a move to L.A....As the owner of the most valuable franchise in the NFL(Cowboys), his vote/influence goes a LONG way...

Also, yes being shovel-ready does matter right now. The NFL wants a team there within a year...

So does Art Rooney's and from what I've read in the past, it sounds like he's probably going to be one to vote against Kroenke moving to LA since he hasn't really tried to work with St. Louis at all to my knowledge. Also, the city of St Louis actually does have a plan in place, unlike Oakland and San Diego, which will probably sway more votes away from Kroenke and more towards the Carson project.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Art Rooney's and from what I've read in the past, it sounds like he's probably going to be one to vote against Kroenke moving to LA since he hasn't really tried to work with St. Louis at all to my knowledge.

Could be right, but from what I understand, Stan is going to or just has met with the St. Louis officials about a new stadium plan...He's doing the "right thing" or at least going through the motions he has to in order to satisfy the other owners.

Bottom line, if St. Louis doesn't come up with the "right amount" of money for the stadium(probably around a billion dollars)....The Rams are gone....