• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Jamal Adams

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What my mock ended up looking like.

1.3 Solomon Thomas - DE- Stanford
2.36 Deshaun Watson - QB - Clemson
3.67 Marcus Maye - FS - Florida
4.111 Corn Elder - CB- Miami
4.117 Amara Darboh - WR- Michigan
5.147 Jeremy Sprinkle - TE- Arkansas
7.221 Dieugot Joseph - OT- Florida International

I didn't prepare this year as extensively as last year, and my turn to pick kept falling on weekends en shit. Both my 4th rounders fell on Easter Sunday ffs..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson won't be there in the second round. Zero chance. Not a Watson guy. QBs because of the importance of the QB position always go 1 round before they should. I don't see but 2 1st rd QB prospects this year ( Watson Trub) but my money is on 4 being 1st rd picks with 5 possible. I don't hate the Thomas pick as I think he is good enough for the third overall pick, but I would not draft that position at 3 for this team. Our needs are QB CB SS TE T WR DE

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson won't be there in the second round. Zero chance. Not a Watson guy. QBs because of the importance of the QB position always go 1 round before they should. I don't see but 2 1st rd QB prospects this year ( Watson Trub) but my money is on 4 being 1st rd picks with 5 possible. I don't hate the Thomas pick as I think he is good enough for the third overall pick, but I would not draft that position at 3 for this team. Our needs are QB CB SS TE T WR DE

I fully understand this noon, I just don't think he's worth the No. 3 pick. And at 3, you HAVE to pick the BPA, regardless of need.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears going QB at 3.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully understand this noon, I just don't think he's worth the No. 3 pick. And at 3, you HAVE to pick the BPA, regardless of need.
I don't think he is worth the three pick either I'm just saying he will go long before he should. Think how much difference QBs make compared to any other position. And BPA is BPA/PON best player available at position of need. Or were drafting Fornette.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd be pretty annoyed if they take Watson at 3.

I could see him falling to late first round, maybe even the top of the 2nd.

Not that it has any bearing, or any semblance of fact to it, but just for fun in throwing it out there....I got Watson with our second pick, in the SportsHoopla mock draft, and I was still kind of annoyed with it.

I'm not sold on the kid.
Yeah, well that mock draft doesn't mean anything. I doubt we take Watson at three, but I really wouldn't mind it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well that mock draft doesn't mean anything. I doubt we take Watson at three, but I really wouldn't mind it.

No fucking shit. Hence me stating..."Not that it has any bearing, or any semblance of fact to it, but just for fun in throwing it out there."

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But think how fun Fornette/ Howard could be on a John Fox team. Won't happen but it's fun to think about.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so, I think I'd prefer Trubisky.

I think the Jets trade up to 2 and draft Trubinsky. Then Bears take Watson at 3, (who I think is their guy anyways). Cards will trade up over the Browns to take Kizer. Texans will trade up to take Mahomes. Niners will snag Chad Kelly in the middle rounds, and the Browns will roll w Osweiler/Kessler this year, taking their QB next year.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Allen's name back in the conversation for the #3 pick to us now. Interesting...

I'm now just subscribed to the fact that I have no clue who we are taking (except I know we're not taking a QB). I'm just going to kick back and enjoy the show.

If they go with Allen I'd be pretty happy. That means their medical guys gave Allen the okay. But if that's the case, does Allen get past SF? Speaking of which I haven't a thing about who they're targeting. Do they take Trubisky? Cleveland at 12 is looking to move up to nab Trubisky from what I hear.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they go with Allen I'd be pretty happy. That means their medical guys gave Allen the okay. But if that's the case, does Allen get past SF? Speaking of which I haven't a thing about who they're targeting. Do they take Trubisky? Cleveland at 12 is looking to move up to nab Trubisky from what I hear.

I honestly would be ok with Trub at 3. At least it's a ballsy move and taking their chance. Watson, I'm leery of for some reason at 3.

I'd be stoked with Allen, Solomon Thomas or Adams at 3 tho.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly would be ok with Trub at 3. At least it's a ballsy move and taking their chance. Watson, I'm leery of for some reason at 3.

I'd be stoked with Allen, Solomon Thomas or Adams at 3 tho.

Either QB is just such a reach man, and at #3 you really shouldn't be taking a QB unless you are extremely confident in him, IMO. I just don't think anyone reasonably can be with any of these three QB's. A "risk" is not what we need. The next time we invest in a QB, it needs to be all systems go. We cannot just take a QB because; "Oh, come on! We need to get one!". I'm willing to watch pedestrian QB play from Glennon for a year, if that's what he gives us and take a QB we love next year. As opposed to taking on a project, in a QB we just "like"... and think "could be good".

Those three guys are likely the best players on the board when we're up, and really could be that playmaker we need to put our defense squarely in the top 10. I'm fine with being a good defensive team with a running game right now, and being patient for another year at QB... and who knows how Glennon will do?

2017 - Good up front on both sides of the ball, good defense, good run game... lack of skill position players on the outside, possibly pedestrian QB play.

2018 - Defense is established, offensive line is established... now go and spend up at WR or take one early. Draft your young QB, if Glennon doesn't look like he is working out. Rebuild complete, now let's go win.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But think how fun Fornette/ Howard could be on a John Fox team. Won't happen but it's fun to think about.

Wasting the #3 overall pick on another RB, is not fun to think about

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasting the #3 overall pick on another RB, is not fun to think about
Wasting? Fournette could be the best player in this draft. He could be a back that's at the caliber of an Adrian Peterson. That is most certainly not wasting a pick. Why do you got to be a prick about everyone else's idea for the draft that don't conform to yours? If everyone had the same lame idea of taking Adams, Thomas, or Allen, there would be nothing to talk about in here. And you fail to realize that NOBODY is a sure thing. Not even those players you like so much.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably don't follow the NBA, but the Bulls took Derrick Rose first overall even though he had knee tendinitis. That condition ended up destroying his career. Although it's not the exact same condition, Allen has it in both shoulders and will probably affect him throughout his career. IDC if the medical staff clears him, I'd rather stay away.

I've also been hearing the Browns and the Niners are considering Trubisky at 1 and 2.

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either QB is just such a reach man, and at #3 you really shouldn't be taking a QB unless you are extremely confident in him, IMO. I just don't think anyone reasonably can be with any of these three QB's. A "risk" is not what we need. The next time we invest in a QB, it needs to be all systems go. We cannot just take a QB because; "Oh, come on! We need to get one!". I'm willing to watch pedestrian QB play from Glennon for a year, if that's what he gives us and take a QB we love next year. As opposed to taking on a project, in a QB we just "like"... and think "could be good".

Those three guys are likely the best players on the board when we're up, and really could be that playmaker we need to put our defense squarely in the top 10. I'm fine with being a good defensive team with a running game right now, and being patient for another year at QB... and who knows how Glennon will do?

2017 - Good up front on both sides of the ball, good defense, good run game... lack of skill position players on the outside, possibly pedestrian QB play.

2018 - Defense is established, offensive line is established... now go and spend up at WR or take one early. Draft your young QB, if Glennon doesn't look like he is working out. Rebuild complete, now let's go win.
You act like a great QB is going to be available to us in those years. I'm not so sure. This could be our best chance to get a pro bowler in Trubisky or Watson. We might go 8-8 next year and the top QBs are gone when we pick. Garrapolo might also be gone by then. Remember what it was like before the Grossman and Orton years? It was hell trying to find a great QB and we still haven't found one, unless you consider Cutler great. I'm not saying we should go QB in the first no doubt, but this could also be our only chance and 2 years down the road we might be kicking ourselves for passing on Trubs or Watson in favor of a DT with two bum shoulders or a Safety that didn't pan out like we thought.

All the talking heads talk like they know who will be pro bowlers and who won't, but nobody knows. The only reason they talk with such confidence is because everyone will forget about it a few months after the draft. They don't know anymore than you or I when it comes to who will succeed and who won't. Players they are bashing now could be running the NFL in a few years.