• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Cutler will be staying..

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did I know you would take the bait and use that story?
Clickbait... Clickbait.... "we know he's not a popular guy at the moment, so let's get some traffic to our site!"

Reading: Letters form words, words make sentences...using sentences we can convey information... FROM the Article you just linked to:
In Cutler's defense, most of the other items the society auctioned off were theater tickets and spa treatments. Also, as Thompson's article notes, a member of the Society described the bidders as not much of "a football crowd."

Do you feel justified in your hate now?
And that football is going to be worth more with 8 more TD passes- (will be all time Bears leader)
That was a good investment.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did I know you would take the bait and use that story?
Clickbait... Clickbait.... "we know he's not a popular guy at the moment, so let's get some traffic to our site!"

Reading: Letters form words, words make sentences...using sentences we can convey information... FROM the Article you just linked to:
In Cutler's defense, most of the other items the society auctioned off were theater tickets and spa treatments. Also, as Thompson's article notes, a member of the Society described the bidders as not much of "a football crowd."

Do you feel justified in your hate now?
And that football is going to be worth more with 8 more TD passes- (will be all time Bears leader)
That was a good investment.

yep, as long as you keep going to padded stats when teams are running the prevent defense against Jay and one playoff win is good enough for you. Meaningless records on a team that never needed a great quarterback to win playoff games before.

You do realize the goal is to win superbowls, right?

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, as long as you keep going to padded stats when teams are running the prevent defense against Jay and one playoff win is good enough for you.

QUARTER = 1 82/122 733 67.2% 6.01 89.3
QUARTER = 2 98/157 1,081 62.4% 6.89 86.5
QUARTER = 3 100/134 1,087 74.6% 8.11 100.6
QUARTER = 4 89/145 908 61.4% 6.26 80.5

Hmm...that prevent defense must have been run by teams in quarters 1-3.

Really, why do you post things that are easily rendered false with a simple fact check?

C

cubzzzfanincali

Really, why do you post things that are easily rendered false with a simple fact check?

uh, hang on. I agree that characterizing him getting as his stats against prevent defenses isn't exactly right, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that if we could actually find snap counts of defense types, that in fact you would see more conservative defenses used later in the game. Passing stats tally outcomes, not defensive tactics.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh, hang on. I agree that characterizing him getting as his stats against prevent defenses isn't exactly right, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that if we could actually find snap counts of defense types, that in fact you would see more conservative defenses used later in the game. Passing stats tally outcomes, not defensive tactics.

So your response is showing his stats are the worst at the end of the game when the team is down by multiple touchdowns and he is facing a prevent defense? That is your knowitall response?

That blows. All you show is he is bad in the first quarter and bad in the fourth quarter. Only 733 passing yards in the first quarter, no wonder the team is always playing from behind. You are proving how bad he is.

61.4% completion rate during garbage time?
80.5 QB rating during garbage time?

Looks like you are digging yourself your own hole now.

cubzzzfanincali knows that the same damn snap count and cadence is used all game, guard hits the center with 2 fucking seconds on the play clock with the silent count when everyone on the defensive like knows its time to go. Who's fault is the same fucking snap count all game? You gonna blame the defense on that? the offensive line for waiting for Jay stomp his foot? Thats the coaches fault, they are not telling Cutler to use a different snap count during the game? The offensive line was that bad that it had to be stupified that much?

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im sure the defensive types were more conservative later in games. That wasnt my point. Look at the numerical consistency in quarters 1-3. His numbers were actually worse in the 4th. That doesnt come close to supporting the claim that attributes Jays success as simply a product of prevent defense, i.e 'stat padding'. That was just too easy to disprove- thats why I posted it.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Digging a hole?? Not in this case when its so damn easy to disprove just about anything you post. Only you would conclude ' all it proves is he was bad in the 1st and bad in the 4th"

NO- You said his stats are padded, and was a result of prevent defenses. The relative consistency from quarters 1 to 3 proves that is NOT the case. Also, some sort of spike in 4th quarter production is what is seen when teams play prevent- its simply not there.

Now you reply about the snap count?? Give me a break- if youre going to deflect, please do better.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats comical is that your replies frequently take on the tone that my talking points are to absolve Jay of his mistakes. They dont, and never have. My posts to you simply offer an informed look at what is and what isnt- along with some hope you might see that what youre posting about him is( for lack of a better term) is mostly over the top vilification.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats comical is that your replies frequently take on the tone that my talking points are to absolve Jay of his mistakes. They dont, and never have. My posts to you simply offer an informed look at what is and what isnt- along with some hope you might see that what youre posting about him is( for lack of a better term) is mostly over the top vilification.

at least you are finally getting the comical.

I thought even Leo forgot what laughter is.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsay Petruny: Cutler, Bass, Washington, Mills, Houston, and Bushrod supporting Ed Block Courage Award winner Matt Slauson. #Bears

Hmmmm One of only 6 guys... That came to support a teammate after getting an award. (a teammate who supports and thinks highly of Jay) #leadership.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsay Petruny: Cutler, Bass, Washington, Mills, Houston, and Bushrod supporting Ed Block Courage Award winner Matt Slauson. #Bears

Hmmmm One of only 6 guys... That came to support a teammate after getting an award. (a teammate who supports and thinks highly of Jay) #leadership.

I believe there was a free lunch.