• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking at some new taillights

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can buy the paint and do it yourself. It's pretty easy. I think the kits come with some sand paper, the tint, and some clear coat.

VHT Nightshades is what you're referring to, I believe. That can look ok if you're sure to wetsand and clear it correctly.

However, I would probalby go with Lamin-x if I were going to tint my tail lights

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VHT Nightshades is what you're referring to, I believe. That can look ok if you're sure to wetsand and clear it correctly.

However, I would probalby go with Lamin-x if I were going to tint my tail lights

I think that is what my guy showed me. They were def little taillight tint paper.

On the subject of tints, I got new style limo tints that the guy told me were supposed to be really good on night vision compared to the stuff I was driving around with the last few years....he wasn't kidding. I cannot express how bad ass it is to have limo tint all the way around but still be able to see out the windshield and drivers/passenger windows at night. My old truck, if it was too dark (like a rural road) I'd often have to roll my windows down a little and use my brights. Not anymore. I live in a very rural area, lots of land and long roads/drag strips and I tested these things all weekend at all hours of the day and night. Absolutely beautiful.

I'm trying to figure out the same of these tints. It's not on my receipt. But for anyone who likes tints these things are the best I've ever driven with.