• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which guy would you draft. A or B? Just from reading!

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both players evaluated by the same site. Don't cheat!

Player A

Analysis

Strengths
Positives: Has a well-built frame with a wide back, broad shoulders, V-shaped torso, large hands, long limbs, defined muscles throughout and thick thighs and calves...Excellent speed rusher who needs to be accounted for on every play and has good field presence, locating the ball quickly to fly to it and contain the run...Has the ability to consistently disrupt the backfield, as he has the speed to escape and the strength to overpower offensive tackles off the edge...Plays with the type of effort and emotion that makes a coach comfortable knowing that he will make plays all over the field...Has great flexibility and balance working down the line and changing direction...Has a low center of gravity and strong anchor, making it very rare to see him on the ground...When he is taken off of his feet, he is quick to recover and get back into the action...Has loose hips, good knee bend and balance in his running stride when chasing long distances...Has rare ability to run the field for a player his size and can be sudden in his initial movement...Shows the in-line range and low pad level to shoot the gaps, playing with leverage when competing at the point of attack...Shows the effort to impact the play even if he doesn't make the tackle...Plays with a high motor and shows a natural feel for the game, as he continues to improve his ability to anticipate and jump the play...Self-starter with a great passion for the game and is a hard worker in the training room...While very confident in his ability, he is also a humble character with no off-field issues...Rare to see him talk trash and just goes about his business...Has a sudden first step to defeat an offensive tackle coming off the edge and the uncanny ability to anticipate the snap cadence and time his jumps...His low center of gravity lets him consistently shoot the gaps...Has that good blend of quickness and strength to hold ground at the point of attack...Has the quickness to penetrate when working inside and is very disruptive coming off the snap, as he is quick and active with his hand punch to rock the bigger blockers back on their heels...Could punch and shed blockers sooner but he can get upfield and collide with the ballcarrier with good pop on contact...Has the lower-body flexibility to drop his weight and leverage at the point, displaying the body control needed to split double teams...Generally uses his hands effectively to shed and separate, as he battles until the whistle...Can close in a hurry in the short area and takes good angles in pursuit to make plays outside the box...Has the speed to flatten and chase from the backside or the outside...Strong wrap-up tackler who can adjust in space and finish plays on his own...Consistently plays on his feet and is very quick coming off the edge, as he can turn the corner, showing the flexibility and counter moves (must be more consistent with the counter) to come under and also has the strength to bull rush or push the pocket...Is starting to develop a good feel for his pass-rush package (still needs to rely on those moves more) and knows how to keep his hands off and get free...Also capable of maintaining inside position when he sinks his pads...Has the second gear to close on the pocket and, while he gets most of his sacks off backside pursuit, he is also able to take an in-line gap to impact the backfield.
Negatives
: Has loose hips to drop back in pass coverage, but when he gets too tall in his backpedal, he fails to get a clean turn coming out of his breaks...Instinctive player, but is still a relatively new to the game and needs more reps to help him gain experience, as he relies on his athletic ability...Has improved his technique, but can't be considered a technician using his hands or displaying an array of pass rush moves...Must develop a better feel for blocking schemes, as he doesn't always protect his body from cut blocks and is not yet consistent at splitting double teams...Can be fooled by misdirection and while he gives total effort, he sometimes can't find the ball until it is past him.
NFL Comparison
Compares To: JOHN ABRAHAM-Atlanta...Both players rely on a perfect blend of strength and suddenness off the snap to wreak havoc in the backfield. He has a relentless motor in pursuit. If he had more on-field experience, he could be an outstanding linebacker at the next level. However, with teams looking for hybrid Cover-2 pass rushers, he is perfectly capable of impacting the backfield coming off the edge or dropping back into the zone to cover vs. the pass. He is still a raw talent that gets by on his athletic ability, but in a few years, with patient coaching and more experience, he has the potential to change the game, much like Abraham, Dwight Freeney (Indianapolis) and Jason Taylor (Miami) have done playing in that role.

Player B

Analysis
Strengths
Well-built, athletic frame with very long arms. Has transformed body since coming in, losing 25 pounds while adding substantial explosiveness in space. Versatile -- was moved around field for Gators. Can rush from two- or three-point stance. Good first-step quickness. Uses improving spin move to counter when rush stalls high-side. Can dip and turn corner against upright tackles. Slants inside with devastating quickness. Well-timed arm over to whip lungers. Rangy in pursuit. Has hips and feet to change direction seamlessly. Can chase play-side running back to sideline and terminate with very little angle. Length to stifle cut blocks. Strong hands and arm extension to set edge and maintain.
Weaknesses
Bounced all over the field. Raw pass rusher. Still learning nuances of the position. Needs more coordination between hands and feet. Pass-rush approach lacks efficiency and includes too much wasted motion. Expected "speed-to-power" conversion inconsistent on tape. Tackles with length can lock him out and run him over the top. Average lower-body strength with limited window to fend off power. Limited recovery talent when beaten early in snap. Inconsistency against downhill running game is a concern.
Sources Tell Us
"He's had to play at different weights and different spots on the field, and I think he's finally understanding how to use his athleticism to dominate a game. He will be way better in the pros than what he is now." -- AFC East college director of scouting
NFL Comparison
Khalil Mack
Bottom Line
Strong-side 3-4 outside linebacker with the physical traits and above-average potential to set the edge or spill runs wide to an early demise. He is a competitive pass rusher getting by on athleticism and inside moves right now, but has a Pro Bowl ceiling with double-digit sack potential if he takes coaching and addresses his rush technique.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player A
  • 6'4" Height
  • 258LBS. Weight
  • 40 Yard Dash 4.67 SEC
  • Bench Press 37 REPS
  • Vertical Leap 35.5 INCH
  • Broad Jump 125.0 INCH
  • 3 Cone Drill 7.12 SEC
  • 20 Yard Shuttle 4.40 SEC
Player B

• 6'3" Height
  • 261LBS. Weight
  • 40 Yard Dash 4.60 SEC
  • Bench Press 19 REPS
  • Vertical Leap 32.5 INCH
  • Broad Jump 112.0 INCH
  • 3 Cone Drill 7.40 SEC
  • 20 Yard Shuttle 4.32 SEC

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaning towards A

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leaning towards A as well....but if it is Gregory from Nebraska....I'll take Fowler!!!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am drafting shortly in 3rd round. Who to take?

CB Ronald Darby FSU

QB Garrett Grayson Colorado St

S Gerod Holliman Louisville

S Damarious Randall Arizona St.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am drafting shortly in 3rd round. Who to take?

CB Ronald Darby FSU

QB Garrett Grayson Colorado St

S Gerod Holliman Louisville

S Damarious Randall Arizona St.

I would take Randall or Darby. Leaning towards Randall as the immediate better player. Someone who can contribute right away.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Randall or Darby. Leaning towards Randall as the immediate better player. Someone who can contribute right away.

K Thanks

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take A, I was thinking Fowler had the advantage being moved around, and also there was a claim he'd be more productive at the next level.
However A was also mentioned as being able to handle pass coverage responsibilities. Is that Bud Dupree?
Also A has no off field issues, lol.

PS Ritzarmy
I like Darby or Randall.

IMO, Grayson may never get a fair shot to play, and I've heard terrible things about Holliman's play despite the 10 plus ints.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take A, I was thinking Fowler had the advantage being moved around, and also there was a claim he'd be more productive at the next level.
However A was also mentioned as being able to handle pass coverage responsibilities. Is that Bud Dupree?
Also A has no off field issues, lol.

Player A is a former player who is no longer in the NFL.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since the cat is halfway out of the bag..

Player A. Vernon Gholston
Player B. Dante Fowler

The Website. NFL.com

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Player B. Dante Fowler

The Website. NFL.com

Well...we can draft Fowler, and Gholston is on the team now ( camp body) unless he flips the switch NOW finally......so.....

We get both A & B !!!!!

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...we can draft Fowler, and Gholston is on the team now ( camp body) unless he flips the switch NOW finally......so.....

We get both A & B !!!!!

I forgot about Gholston trying out for us. lol

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about Gholston trying out for us. lol
:pound: I thought that was part of some type of planned 'hidden' irony...

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Player B. Dante Fowler

The Website. NFL.com

See here's the thing, I don't have to feel stupid...even if I actually had some sort of GM powers.
I've already made it clear I'm giving Murphy a chance and not pursuing an OLB at 5:D
I'm taking offers for the 5th or going a different direction.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish, but Lonewate44 just happened to out smart me on that one.

TCB...Its ok......Im a smart man.....People on this board would be wise to listen to me...I preach only the truth!!