• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking ahead to the Cowboys game.

49erfanfromnc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After watching the game against the Jets last night, here are a few keys to our game against the cowboys IMHO.

I know that many disliked the conservative approach against the Seahawks, but I would like to see us pound the Cowboys pretty much the same way, at least initially. I like our run game vs the Cowboys, especially if it will slows down DeMarcus Ware. They rush him off off both edges, and dude just scares the hell out of me. A steady dose of Gore and Hunter early to slow down their blitzes would be ideal.

I would like to see us take some shots down field to Edwards, Davis and Morgan, ESPECIALLY if Jenkins and Scandrick are still hurting or out. The Cowboys secondary is a weakness, so if we can set up their defense with the run and then go after that weakness, I think that we will be productive.

BLITZ Romo. Nothing else to add to that............:smile:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also like to see Hunter get the ball in space via the pass.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
An early season test to see if we improved on tackling and on speed on defense. Also another test in pass blocking skills. Dallas has speed on Offense and Defense. It will be interesting to see if we can impose some of our will on them at home! Go 49ers!!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the game against the Jets last night, here are a few keys to our game against the cowboys IMHO.

I know that many disliked the conservative approach against the Seahawks, but I would like to see us pound the Cowboys pretty much the same way, at least initially. I like our run game vs the Cowboys, especially if it will slows down DeMarcus Ware. They rush him off off both edges, and dude just scares the hell out of me. A steady dose of Gore and Hunter early to slow down their blitzes would be ideal.

I would like to see us take some shots down field to Edwards, Davis and Morgan, ESPECIALLY if Jenkins and Scandrick are still hurting or out. The Cowboys secondary is a weakness, so if we can set up their defense with the run and then go after that weakness, I think that we will be productive.

I felt a presence in the force.... :stevie:

But it's only you.... :L

We're going to need big time production from our OL in this one. I hope our Ts are up to it....

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore and hunter in the backfield at the same time would be nice.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully we can get pressure on him without sending the house. If we can get pressure with a 4-5 man rush i think it bodes well for us. I'm concerned with how we will handle their WR's, but it's nice to play a guy who likes to give the game away in the 4th quarter. Hopefully we can see some more of that.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cowboys said today Newman would sit. It's looking like Nagy won't play either as he was out again today. Bryant is slated to play, but hopefully he's hampered a bit. I haven't seen any word on Scandrick or Jenkins today, but that becomes a pretty big question. Scandrick definitely didn't practice yesterday. Mixed reports on whether Jenkins got in a limited practice or sat out entirely.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd also like to see Hunter get the ball in space via the pass.

+1.. The Jets were able to exploit the mismatch between LT and the Cowboy's LB's. With Hunter's speed, the Niners could do the same...

I also want to see some underneath passes to Delanie Walker. He can create mismatches that the Niners need to exploit as well

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covering witten is a must too.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Word from today is that Scandrick didn't practice and Jenkins was limited, as was Spencer. I'd expect those last two to play, but they probably won't be 100%. We may have to attack Dallas' CBs some, force their safeties back so we can run.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe we'll pass a little more 1st/2nd down before leaning on Gore. We're definitely not afraid to run it on 3rd down with our vicious punt/defense combo.

I have a feeling we won't open it up yet because Harbaugh is protecting against our own crowd spiraling completely out of control.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Word from today is that Scandrick didn't practice and Jenkins was limited, as was Spencer. I'd expect those last two to play, but they probably won't be 100%. We may have to attack Dallas' CBs some, force their safeties back so we can run.

I just hope we have the time to attack Dallas' CB's. A good game to watch in preparation for Sunday would be last years Chicago @ Dallas game. Cutler and Martz shredded Dallas' blitz.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cowboys said today Newman would sit. It's looking like Nagy won't play either as he was out again today. Bryant is slated to play, but hopefully he's hampered a bit. I haven't seen any word on Scandrick or Jenkins today, but that becomes a pretty big question. Scandrick definitely didn't practice yesterday. Mixed reports on whether Jenkins got in a limited practice or sat out entirely.

I'm liking this news.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just hope we have the time to attack Dallas' CB's. A good game to watch in preparation for Sunday would be last years Chicago @ Dallas game. Cutler and Martz shredded Dallas' blitz.

Yeah, I'm already having nightmares about Ware.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm already having nightmares about Ware.

Ware is Ware but they're bascially down to their dime backs on our starting WR's. If we can't take advantage of that, I will be very dissapointed in this staff/team. It doesn't have to be all downfield stuff...slants, bubble screens, w/e.

PWilly52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are a really good team. They have a ton of talent but just are never very consistent. If we can keep it close then we will have a chance at the end. If they get a two score lead and can just unleash Ware we really have no chance. If we can get an early lead and keep it close, we can win in the end. Their offense scares me. This would be a big win for us!

I say 24-14 Dallas but I would love to eat crow.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are a really good team. They have a ton of talent but just are never very consistent. If we can keep it close then we will have a chance at the end. If they get a two score lead and can just unleash Ware we really have no chance. If we can get an early lead and keep it close, we can win in the end. Their offense scares me. This would be a big win for us!

I say 24-14 Dallas but I would love to eat crow.

It seems people say this every year about them and yet they have as many playoff wins this millenium as we do...at what point do you start to think they don't have that much talent? I think even fully healthy their secondary is so-so, their O-line is questionable and Romo is Favre lite....