• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking ahead to the Cowboys game.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the game against the Jets last night, here are a few keys to our game against the cowboys IMHO.

I know that many disliked the conservative approach against the Seahawks, but I would like to see us pound the Cowboys pretty much the same way, at least initially. I like our run game vs the Cowboys, especially if it will slows down DeMarcus Ware. They rush him off off both edges, and dude just scares the hell out of me. A steady dose of Gore and Hunter early to slow down their blitzes would be ideal.

I would like to see us take some shots down field to Edwards, Davis and Morgan, ESPECIALLY if Jenkins and Scandrick are still hurting or out. The Cowboys secondary is a weakness, so if we can set up their defense with the run and then go after that weakness, I think that we will be productive.

BLITZ Romo. Nothing else to add to that............:smile:

NC - good to see you here man.

I was actually at the game last Sunday against the hawks. I was sitting at the very top row with all of my peeps so I had a super good bird's eye view of the whole game. Here's where I see us having problems:

- OL: again, I keep alluding to this. I know the Hawks were putting 8 and sometimes even 9 in the box, but our OL was not opening up a lot of holes in terms of getting Frank room even when only 7 defenders were in the box. I just didn't think our OL was being physical enough and definitely didn't dominate the Hawks front 7 the way I thought they would. How the team plans to address the pressure from the edge i.e. Ware is beyond me.

- WR: I was watching Crabby almost the entire time, esp since the offense wasn't going to him at all. Not only does Crabby have questionable route running skills to begin with, but the man looked completely lost out there - never came back to the ball when Alex was in trouble the few times the Niners were passing and altogether, he just looked out of sorts. A showcase such as this basically allows the Cowboys to put single coverage on him while concentrating on Braylon and Vernon. Sucks pretty bad for a wideout who was taken #10 overall.

- QB/RB: Gore is going to have to break free for the Cowboys to commit people in the box. I love Alex's motivation esp. with the TD run but the Niners are going to have to open up the playbook at some point during the game. None of these running plays on 2nd or 3rd and long is going to get it done. Fans were booing on those situations and Harbs is going to have to be creative in game planning against Big D. Dallas was leaving the middle of the field open against the Jets which could lead to us trying to take the underneath routes and possibly attacking Dallas deep when they least expect it.

- Defense: good game but hard to gauge against one of the worst offenses in all of football. Niners are going to ask a lot from Aldon and perhaps even Willis on blitzes to stymie Romo and company. This is going to be a mad challenge on our part to stop Dez Bryant.