• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking ahead to NY

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man im still amped up about the game and it will be another long week of work with no production lol. But they did it! Im sure we all lost our voices and were celebrating like little kids that night. Now its back to work and getting ready for the giants.

Both teams are really hot right now and it should be good one! Felt we could start a thread here and talk about the upcoming game. Looking ahead as far as injuries for us it seems Ginn is still banged up and Mcdonald wasnt playing all downs but he did finish the game. I hear Walker tweeted about how he worked out yesterday and would be ready to play. Im not sure for the Giants injuries though?

We played the Giants already and it was a close one. From looking at the Saints game and the last 2 scores we let up, our D let up the big plays which the Giants are fully capable of pulling off with those 3 WR's. That is soemthing that will have to be worked on. Im fully confident in stopping the run game, the only new thing is they will have bradshaw this game.

Our offense looked really good on saturday, had a few bleh moments but i feel we are fully capable of putting points up on them again. Crabtree might be key in this game as im sure the giants will double vernon and still try and stop the run.

Feel free to add some more thoughts.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They will beat NY. Though a good defense, the Giants don't play the type of blitzing and stunting defense that confuses the 49er offensive line. The Giants like to overpower you with their front four. I think the 49er O line will stand up to that and they'll be successful offensively. I don't like the Giants DBs either. I think Canty may be out. That knee injury did not look good.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its gonna be such a different style of opponent but we have played them once and won albeit close. I wanna see Crabtree step up in this one cant expect VD to be Super Man every game. I like how Gore played the last game his catches were crucial on the game wining drive.

If the D line and O line play similar to the way they played the Saints we should be ok.

Man im pumped !@!

Last edited by a moderator:

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heavier dose of GORE. We need to wear down their D-Line and take away their biggest weapons in their pass rushers. Stay out of 3rd & long. We're playing really good football from every aspect. Pass rush, coverage, STs, stopping the run as usual, and Smith and VD are clicking at the perfect time. Only thing you could ask for is a better game out of Crabs. The two names I'm most worried about are Cruz and Nicks. And IMO they have a better run game than NO with Bradshaw and Jacobs. Should be a good one.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There d-line is sooooo aggressive to the QB. We have to take advantage of that. We have to run screens. With Kyle Williams and Hunter we should have no problems in that department. But we never run them.

Get a few of those in their then That might open things up for Davis down the seem.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heavier dose of GORE. We need to wear down their D-Line and take away their biggest weapons in their pass rushers. Stay out of 3rd & long. We're playing really good football from every aspect. Pass rush, coverage, STs, stopping the run as usual, and Smith and VD are clicking at the perfect time. Only thing you could ask for is a better game out of Crabs. The two names I'm most worried about are Cruz and Nicks. And IMO they have a better run game than NO with Bradshaw and Jacobs. Should be a good one.

Yea no doubt that with Bradshaw back there run game will improve but i still think the way we are hitting and tackling it will be a long day for them. The only thing that concerns me is the giants DL and the 3 headed WR core.

While i was and am still impressed with our win, i didnt like that we had a +4 TO ratio and it was still so close, let up a 17-0 lead, and let up 2 huge plays like that. The Giants are very capable of making big plays with those WR's.

Im confident Harbaugh nd the staff will have them ready!

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'm not sure how this fallacy that "we are a running team" keeps going. We ran the ball well for a few games in the middle of the season but since then the running game has been largely innefective and Smith has passed a ton and he and the passing game has been the reason they won a lot of games. Check out how much more slanted to the passing game the offense has become over the last 7 or 8 games.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how this fallacy that "we are a running team" keeps going. We ran the ball well for a few games in the middle of the season but since then the running game has been largely innefective and Smith has passed a ton and he and the passing game has been the reason they won a lot of games. Check out how much more slanted to the passing game the offense has become over the last 7 or 8 games.

I'm not saying turn one dimensional. I just don't think it's a good idea to throw as many times as we did vs. NO. NY will only rush 4 and drop back in coverage. Alex wont see as many 1-1 matchups like he did vs. NO. If you turn into a pass heavy team it only takes 1 sack to make it 3rd and unmanageable. We've got to keep our offense unpredictable and the only way to do that is get the run game going. Gore only had 13 carries and racked up 89 yards vs NO and the G-Men allow 4.5 yards per carry.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Giants offense worries me less than the Saints offense.
I think between Bradshaw and Jacobs they'll get 80 yards rushing tops, no scores.

I also think that Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles are much bigger offensive threats than any of the Giants threats. No one can cover Jimmy Graham, we couldn't cover him, we couldn't double cover him on Saturday. And if you get Sproles running in open space look out he's a home run threat every time.

Giants trio of Nicks, Manningham and Cruz are good and Eli brings the best out of them but they individually are not super elite receivers. In fact I don't think they are really that much better than Colston, Meachem, Henderson and Lance Moore.

Giants TE suck we shouldn't have a problem covering them.

And Brees was playing hotter than Eli was, throwing for 400+ yards and multiple scores basically every game.

If anything the Giants front 4 is the only thing that scares me more than the Saints.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not saying turn one dimensional. I just don't think it's a good idea to throw as many times as we did vs. NO. NY will only rush 4 and drop back in coverage. Alex wont see as many 1-1 matchups like he did vs. NO. If you turn into a pass heavy team it only takes 1 sack to make it 3rd and unmanageable. We've got to keep our offense unpredictable and the only way to do that is get the run game going. Gore only had 13 carries and racked up 89 yards vs NO and the G-Men allow 4.5 yards per carry.

agreed and felt Roman kept it unpredictable vs the Saints.

going off tangent....why does Alex Smith have so many balls tipped or batted down? didn't he have like 4 or 5? whereas Brees is only 6 feet but doesn't get his passes tipped?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think we'll see more Gore this time around than we did week 10.

The week 10 game and this past game I think we went heavy pass because the coaches are playing the chess match. In both games the Giants and Saints were convinced we were going to slam Frank Gore at them so that's what they prepared for so we threw them off by going pass heavy.

The other thing I like is our pass rush right now. Saints coming into the game Saturday were supposed to have one of the best if not best offensive lines in football but we were all over Brees for the most part. So if we play like that I think we'll give Manning some trouble.

Like the Saints game I can come up with compelling reasons for both teams to win the game and this might wind up being another classic game.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

going off tangent....why does Alex Smith have so many balls tipped or batted down? didn't he have like 4 or 5? whereas Brees is only 6 feet but doesn't get his passes tipped?

Our lineman need to do a better job of getting the d-lines hands down. Alex has way to many tipped balls.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
everything is in our favor, one less play-off game, not traveling across country, one more day of rest, etc., just play our fundamental game and we'll be competitive.

don't be overconfident like fans, but remain hungry.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I noticed that too. I think its because Smith stares down his recievers a lot more then brees. Brees will sit there and go through all his reads really quickly.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said last week the Giants were the team that scared me the most after the Saints. The key is we get them at home. I think that Saints win though just changed our team. I expect to see a very confident group not only on defense and special teams but on offense now as well. This will be a tough game again, but we should matchup better against the Giants than we did the Saints.

I have no doubt we can stop their running game and as good as Eli is he will still make mistakes if he is asked to throw it to much. We will have a much better pass rush on him than Green Bay got as well. We have to shut down those receivers though. They are what scares me the most because every one of them can break a tackle or two and burn you. The key will be forcing Eli to throw before he is ready.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said last week the Giants were the team that scared me the most after the Saints. The key is we get them at home. I think that Saints win though just changed our team. I expect to see a very confident group not only on defense and special teams but on offense now as well. This will be a tough game again, but we should matchup better against the Giants than we did the Saints.

I have no doubt we can stop their running game and as good as Eli is he will still make mistakes if he is asked to throw it to much. We will have a much better pass rush on him than Green Bay got as well. We have to shut down those receivers though. They are what scares me the most because every one of them can break a tackle or two and burn you. The key will be forcing Eli to throw before he is ready.

Couldn't agree more.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I noticed that too. I think its because Smith stares down his recievers a lot more then brees. Brees will sit there and go through all his reads really quickly.

I would also add that the Saints DL were playing for the tips since they couldn't(w/o blitz) beat our boys up front.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Giants Offense is good, they're no scary good vs the Saints Offense... Beating the Saints left me comfortable that we can in fact take on ANY offense.

With the Giants being more balanced, that works in our favor IMO since they would be incline to run the ball(if part of gameplan) thus allowing us to play OUR strength. This time they don't have an All pro TE that can hurt us, maybe make a 3rd down catch but no one to trouble Willis or Bowman.

Get Eli frustrated and watch the amazing happens!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants offense worries me less than the Saints offense.
I think between Bradshaw and Jacobs they'll get 80 yards rushing tops, no scores.

I also think that Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles are much bigger offensive threats than any of the Giants threats. No one can cover Jimmy Graham, we couldn't cover him, we couldn't double cover him on Saturday. And if you get Sproles running in open space look out he's a home run threat every time.

Giants trio of Nicks, Manningham and Cruz are good and Eli brings the best out of them but they individually are not super elite receivers. In fact I don't think they are really that much better than Colston, Meachem, Henderson and Lance Moore.

Giants TE suck we shouldn't have a problem covering them.

And Brees was playing hotter than Eli was, throwing for 400+ yards and multiple scores basically every game.

If anything the Giants front 4 is the only thing that scares me more than the Saints.

When I see a big Brees' play, I say, "Wow, Brees is great". When I see a big Manning play, half the time I say "Wow, those guys can sure get YAC" or "what a catch". Manning gets his share of credit, but I'm worried for a big receiver play from NY just as much as I'm worried about a bad call from a ref in a Packers/Saints vs. 49ers game. At least against Fitzgerald, it's usually just 7-8 unbelievable catches per game. (Sarcasm)