• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lol locking threads?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why? Great thing about internet msg boards. You don't have to click on the msg you don't have to reply to them. No need to lock threads when there are only 10 posters on here heck I will just go to hf boards. You can have fun locking threads. That's just stupid to lock the thread of 2 constant posters. Cup out

Last edited by a moderator:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it either... Mods shouldn't lock things because they simply don't agree with the post. It's a message board & you guys are having a tough time right now. Venting is what message boards are for. Its not off topic, an attack or really anything. I'll unlock the threads if the Devils majority would like me to.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree with SFNL.
I don't see any trolling, or threats.
People are pissed, and to be honest, I am also little tired of certain players, or the GM having this immunity to criticism. I may not agree with the criticism either.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah since when on THESE boards do they get locked.... We have been posters here for a very long time (including back on ESPN dateing back to the Cup days.... we left those boards because of BS... now we have someone that is locking the boards due to their opinion of what is right or wrong... be careful of that slope you are going down.... Never have these boards been locked... if you dont like something, dont post and more wont post and the thread will die.... but if it gets bumped, then someone has something to say, argue, contradict, or have their own opinion.... I started another thread because I didnt get to respond to Cups... now you close mine... BS

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with SFNL.
I don't see any trolling, or threats.
People are pissed, and to be honest, I am also little tired of certain players, or the GM having this immunity to criticism. I may not agree with the criticism either.

I'm pretty sure that most will agree. I'm going to unlock the first one and delete the second one because I'd hate to lose a poster over something fairly trivial. As is the case with any other thread out there, if someone doesn't want to post in it, just ignore it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had some threads get pretty out of hand here in the past, some epic arguments and not had them closed, but as long as we stay on topic and don't resort to threats and personal attacks I think it's better to just let the threads play themselves out.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's a difference between having a debate and shitting on your keyboard.

That is all.

Furthermore, and I won't name specific individuals, when you make a "shit on your keyboard" thread and you happen to be making 9 out of every 10 posts in that "shit on your keyboard" thread, you are contributing ZERO to this message board and might as well go back to the ESPN boards.

Also, it's been specifically mentioned to certain individuals on this board that creating threads with no value such as:

"Marty is a shit pile"
or
"Kovy should stay in Russia"
or
"Lou is a retard"

are not allowed.

Also, since I believe I'm one of the only active mods left on here there will be some more centralized rules for posts during the summer. They will certainly not be more restrictive than what they are now, but will simply be in one place for clarity sake.

Last edited by a moderator:

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We've had some threads get pretty out of hand here in the past, some epic arguments and not had them closed, but as long as we stay on topic and don't resort to threats and personal attacks I think it's better to just let the threads play themselves out.

The difference is that the threads that were closed weren't even arguments, they were one poster making 90% of the posts and not even making coherent sense. That's a great way to get people to stop looking at this board and make it less healthy and appealing for others.

I know for one that I've been specifically paying less attention here during the losing streak because I don't care to see half of the idiotic things posted.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why? Great thing about internet msg boards. You don't have to click on the msg you don't have to reply to them. No need to lock threads when there are only 10 posters on here heck I will just go to hf boards. You can have fun locking threads. That's just stupid to lock the thread of 2 constant posters. Cup out

If you would like to go to HF boards, please by all means do. Since I'm a poster on that board as well, I guarantee you that you'll find their mods substantially more restrictive than here.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
your missing the point. its not up to you to decide

if someone posts something stupid no one will reply and it will go away. theres only 10 of us on here i think we can police ourselves

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My keyboard is clean, but the 2012-2013 New Jersey Devils keep shitting on my TV screen!

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
your missing the point. its not up to you to decide

if someone posts something stupid no one will reply and it will go away. theres only 10 of us on here i think we can police ourselves

You have proven you can't police yourself in the last 24 hours.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Furthermore, you can elaborate, but based solely off your explanation in these posts you believe that self policing means that you should be able to make multiple pointless/incoherent/obnoxious threads, and that the other members of this board should just ignore you. This is a ridiculous line of thought and is quite frankly the fastest way to get people to stop coming here. In fact, it's the exact reason that everyone left the ESPN boards.

Perfect example: NastyMagician, who agrees with you it seems about locking threads, even posted in your first thread "Please, nobody else respond to this nonsense post."

You then make the next 3 pots, and 6 of the next 9.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes and after the person reads my post they are adult enough to decide if they want to reply or ignore. That's the point!!!!! If I want to complain about my team im going to complain about them. Fuck im the one that posts the most on this board!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Vort wanted to reply but couldnt so that means we cant talk about elias and broduer? Come on now! Little too much power hungry

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we talk smack about the equipment manager?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can talk smack about the rink manager. I get that it's a busy arena, but the ice has been shit for years. Our best player has a bum shoulder because of it.