• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL - Kobe Called Barkley An Idiot

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers signing Kobe to such a big contract makes sense. He was the leading vote getter for the all star team last year. His jersey sales are astronomical.

It was a business decision. Haters, open your fucking skulls a tad. If that's even possible.

You're right, but they will take a hit on success. Whoch should be more important. They can't sign big time players with Kobe on the payroll.

And if we are being realistic, Kobe even if he comes back to form can't lead this roster to a championship.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of haters, whatever happened to Turnip? Didn't we make a bet with him and then he never returned?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers signing Kobe to such a big contract makes sense. He was the leading vote getter for the all star team last year. His jersey sales are astronomical.

It was a business decision. Haters, open your fucking skulls a tad. If that's even possible.

if youre talking pure economics and what it does for the bottom line, then it was the surest bet for a profit the lakers could make while appeasing the fan base. Jacksonville jags should sign tim tebow for the same reason.

the real question is whether the signing brings them closer to becoming a contender.. and imho it is no. it is clearly no. in fact it probably prevents them from becoming a contender for two years. but laker management may have thought that the next two-three years were a wash either way. I mean after all, Miami is on the verge of a 5 peat :)

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if youre talking pure economics and what it does for the bottom line, then it was the surest bet for a profit the lakers could make while appeasing the fan base. Jacksonville jags should sign tim tebow for the same reason.

Your analogy is irrelevant here, Kobe is one of the best at his position, while Tebow couldn't even scrath the bottom of the barrel the last 2 seasons in the NFL at QB.

the real question is whether the signing brings them closer to becoming a contender.. and imho it is no. it is clearly no. in fact it probably prevents them from becoming a contender for two years. but laker management may have thought that the next two-three years were a wash either way. I mean after all, Miami is on the verge of a 5 peat :)

What are you talking about ? Lakers will have over 35 $million availabale in Cap space next season, that's still more then any other team, we are not a low budget market, quit acting like if they are going broke dude :laugh3:

Besides what big FA are available next season aside from Leflop & Melo ?? wich we all know ain't coming here, even if Kobe took 5 -7 million less, http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents

Last edited by a moderator:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your analogy is irrelevant here, Kobe is one of the best at his position, while Tebow couldn't even scrath the bottom of the barrel the last 2 seasons in the NFL at QB.

The analogy isn't irrelevant at all. He defended the Kobe contract based off jersey sales. Not player skill set. Tebow moves jerseys, especially in Jacksonville where he is from. Pure economics signing Tebow makes sense. And youre wrong about Tebow.. Tebow may not be amazing.. but Jax is currently rolling with Blaine Gabbert on the roster.

What are you talking about ? Lakers will have over 35 $million availabale in Cap space next season, that's still more then any other team, we are not a low budget market, quit acting like if they are going broke dude :laugh3:

No good point giving a 35 year old coming off Achilles injury 25 million a season is a smart move. youre in a big city so that means it even makes more sense. look at the bright side.. at least you wont have to watch much basketball come may for a few years. and you will get to see a ton of new kobe jerseys being bought.. because that's what laker fans use as their matrix for smart contracts. remember when the lakers were actually a contender? hold that thought for awhile. 5 rings and 50 million.. better than 6 rings and 20 million I guess. cant blame him.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll always love Sir Charles and I think this is a complete non-event. It remains to be seen if this injury is related to the heel or not (they're saying it's not) but it's obvious Kobe will never regain best-in-the-world form. So I don't see the big deal really other than the fact that, no, Charles never won a damned thing in his whole career.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No good point giving a 35 year old coming off Achilles injury 25 million a season is a smart move. youre in a big city so that means it even makes more sense. look at the bright side.. at least you wont have to watch much basketball come may for a few years. and you will get to see a ton of new kobe jerseys being bought.. because that's what laker fans use as their matrix for smart contracts. remember when the lakers were actually a contender? hold that thought for awhile. 5 rings and 50 million.. better than 6 rings and 20 million I guess. cant blame him.

I never said that Kobe's $25 million per season for the next two was great, I clearly explained to you that even if he took 5-7 million less it wasn't going to make them better contenders anyways, for the simple fact that Lebron or Melo ain't coming here. My perceptive from a buisness stand point to the contract though is understandable. Kobe does put people in the seat's & they have a time warner cable deal $5 billion over the next 25 years that there obligated to.

So please explain how this team would do much better if even he would of taken less ?? I gave you the free agent list IMO the team would still be the same anyways.

They have bigger problems then Kobe's contract & thats starting 1st with Jikm Buss,injuries & their head coach who doesn't preach defense. (KOBE"S CONTRACT IS NOT THE PROBLEM LIKE YOU ASSUME)

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, but they will take a hit on success. Whoch should be more important. They can't sign big time players with Kobe on the payroll.

Why not? They didn't sign Kobe for $62.9 million dollars.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley is right though. He may have been a bit blunt when saying it but Kobe will probably struggle to score 20 ppg from here on out. Father time has caught up with him.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under the new CBA, jersey sales is part of the new revenue sharing plan in which the Lakers are projected to contribute the most of about 50mil annually.

Inside NBA's revenue sharing - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global

They've been paying the most is revenue sharing already. They were just saying on the radio that at one point the Lakers outsold the entire league combined in merchandising. Even with the revenue sharing, they make big profits. They are the NBA's cash cow which is strange why a small market owner like Gilbert got butthurt over the eventually-nixed CP3 deal. The more money the Lakers make, the more money that POS gets from revenue sharing.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been paying the most is revenue sharing already. They were just saying on the radio that at one point the Lakers outsold the entire league combined in merchandising. Even with the revenue sharing, they make big profits. They are the NBA's cash cow which is strange why a small market owner like Gilbert got butthurt over the eventually-nixed CP3 deal. The more money the Lakers make, the more money that POS gets from revenue sharing.

Yea I was hearing it on the radio also LA RADIO 710 ESPN I believe it was John Ireland mentioning that no other team in the league is even close to averaging the revenue that the lakers receive.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? They didn't sign Kobe for $62.9 million dollars.

It is a lot of the money, but you think Kobe wants to play with someone like Melo, LBJ, etc. He still wants to be "the guy" and still will.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I was hearing it on the radio also LA RADIO 710 ESPN I believe it was John Ireland mentioning that no other team in the league is even close to averaging the revenue that the lakers receive.

It was even more than that. Combine all the other 29 team's merchandise revenue and it didn't reach the Lakers revenue level. That was few years ago, not currently though.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a lot of the money, but you think Kobe wants to play with someone like Melo, LBJ, etc. He still wants to be "the guy" and still will.

He was fine playing with Dwight. I don't think he would mind playing with Melo or LBJ. Those two aren't coming though. Again, explain to me how the Lakers can't sign any top FAs because of Kobe's contract. That's what you stated, although completely false because Kobe ain't getting paid $62.9 million.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't comprehend the fact that we have and will pay out these types of contracts....well deserved I might add. Ain't even worried about spending dough on FA - the beauty of it is having it unlike other teams plight. They won't go spend crazy do

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing it but to know they can is what makes us potentially in the hunt.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkzwrf6suOA]"Lakers stink bro" Charles Barkley - YouTube[/ame]

Chuck owned espn and there dick riding Kobe is good but dont expect the rapist to be the same

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with anything you said above except the new CBA was obviously not in place when Stern nixed the deal.

I was just pointing out that merchandise / jersey sales are now divided up throughout the league.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Lakers stink bro" Charles Barkley - YouTube

Chuck owned espn and there dick riding Kobe is good but dont expect the rapist to be the same

Explained to me in detail's how Kobe is a rapist ?? or are you just calling him names, because you just hate the guy ?

I+ve+seen+all+the+Star+Wars+movies+but+no+Star+_cd76c300e2e32cde74130f1ccc4c18d2.gif