• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL - Kobe Called Barkley An Idiot

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was fine playing with Dwight. I don't think he would mind playing with Melo or LBJ. Those two aren't coming though. Again, explain to me how the Lakers can't sign any top FAs because of Kobe's contract. That's what you stated, although completely false because Kobe ain't getting paid $62.9 million.

Kobe's contract - 24.5 million
Nash's contract 9.6 million

that leaves 33 million to sign atleast one or two free agents as long as they will allow the Lakers to defer payment into the second or third year and keep it under the salary cap.

If they Keep Nash and resign Gasol then 24 + 9 + Gasol could easily take up 45 to 50 million and it would be a stretch to get one top agent over 12 million, but

If they waive Nash - they can scatter the 9.6 million against the cap over three season which drops it to 59 which would mean they have Kobe at 24.5 + what they Gasol. Gasol will have take a cut. , but they have money to deal with. Now it would have been much better if Kobe had taken a bigger cut - Kobe was offered 24.5 million and he accepted it without any question and was definitly overpaid - 18 million would have more then enough

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with anything you said above except the new CBA was obviously not in place when Stern nixed the deal.

I was just pointing out that merchandise / jersey sales are now divided up throughout the league.

True. The revenue sharing may have mostly been from luxury taxes, prior to the new CBA. I think it included profit streams as well, but not to the extent currently under the new CBA.

I actually think Stern wouldn't have nixed the deal without those couple of owners saying something. Stern knows that title-contending Lakers teams are good for the league. In fact, a couple years ago Stern said his dream finals matchup is Lakers versus Lakers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a lot of the money, but you think Kobe wants to play with someone like Melo, LBJ, etc. He still wants to be "the guy" and still will.

Kobe would play with the devil himself if means another championship ring

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was fine playing with Dwight. I don't think he would mind playing with Melo or LBJ. Those two aren't coming though. Again, explain to me how the Lakers can't sign any top FAs because of Kobe's contract. That's what you stated, although completely false because Kobe ain't getting paid $62.9 million.

The question isn't if he can play with them, would he. No. The only reason his contract is less bc it is just a 2-yr extension. It is still 30 mil. I know they did it for tickets and $, but if he isn't on the court who wants to see the Lakers lose. Jack maybe that's it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First we have to see him in on the court, healthy.

This year was already lost to begin with in my opinion - I always believed that this year was getting ready for free agents in July. I do have some concerns that once one thing is fixed something else will fall apart - Barkley is pretty stupid, but he is right when he points out that father time is undefeated.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to excuse Shanemans. Over all he's a pretty good poster. Unfortunately, when he talks about Kobe, he is completely incapable of coherent thought and when he posts about Lebron, he turns into a 13 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to excuse Shanemans. Over all he's a pretty good poster. Unfortunately, when he talks about Kobe, he is completely incapable of coherent thought and when he posts about Lebron, he turns into a 13 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

:10:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3:

I am just telling the facts. Laker fans have to realize the "Blavk Mamba" is no moar. And if he can't recover from this broken bone and gets injured again it is the last straw.

But if you guys hate Lebron so much, you won't enjoy basketball for the next 7 or 8 years of Lebron dominating. LA can pay just about anyone, but they need someone to replace Kobe.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

I am just telling the facts. Laker fans have to realize the "Blavk Mamba" is no moar. And if he can't recover from this broken bone and gets injured again it is the last straw.

But if you guys hate Lebron so much, you won't enjoy basketball for the next 7 or 8 years of Lebron dominating. LA can pay just about anyone, but they need someone to replace Kobe.

My point = proven!!

WestCoastFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley wouldn't have been able to play with this Spurs team or many other of these fast teams now like he claims play like deers. If Barkley was lucky enough with the right team he might have stolen 1 title with his focused play. As it is when he came to the Rockets in '96 they stopped winning titles. But you have to give him his due back in the way it was back then he tried to play Jordan paced style basketball but not quite up to Jordan level. Someone like him in his prime now would get punked in today's NBA.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley wouldn't have been able to play with this Spurs team or many other of these fast teams now like he claims play like deers. If Barkley was lucky enough with the right team he might have stolen 1 title with his focused play. As it is when he came to the Rockets in '96 they stopped winning titles. But you have to give him his due back in the way it was back then he tried to play Jordan paced style basketball but not quite up to Jordan level. Someone like him in his prime now would get punked in today's NBA.

This makes no sense..... All Phoenix Suns teams owned by Colangelo have gone out and ran. That was one of the quickest teams ever with KJ and Chuck was a beast. They would of won it all in 92-93 Ceballos avg 17 ppg and shut down scottie pippen every time they faced each other but then he got hurt. Come on man Chuck is a beast.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
charles-barkley-golf-swing-o.gif

That is all