• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lol Jacksonville

1dummydog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with that?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally everything.

What exactly are you stating as the problem - having Red Zone or showing it at all times? Having it is great & helps address the NFL's current problem of dwindling live attendance. Why would the fan of any team not want to have this feature at their stadium?

Now showing it at all times - including during key moments of the live game - is a bit insulting.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having it at all is ridiculous. It's acceptable to show a highlight or two of an important game between plays, but putting the channel on the screen while there is a game going on is retarded and ruins going to a game.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having it at all is ridiculous. It's acceptable to show a highlight or two of an important game between plays, but putting the channel on the screen while there is a game going on is retarded and ruins going to a game.

Not if they reserve it for when the action is not occurring on the field. Pre-game, halftime, timeouts & perhaps in between plays (which would be somewhat problematic). Remember - this is in response to a drop in attendance primarily due to the major advances in home viewing of NFL games.

It may be one thing to go to Pats games when they are generally in the running. However - attending a relatively meaningless game played in bad weather (& ponying up a fortune) is quite another. Quite a few games fall into the latter category & something like this may encourage some fans to go more often.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not attend a game if my team did this at any time but possibly half time.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. Ok during half time or a quick video hightlights update during the quarter change.

But that's embarrassing to your team to have it on whole game. My god.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even doing it during halftime would turn me off to attending on some level.

Broadcasting a half time show with actual highlights would be far more acceptable.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is replacing that portion of scoreboards that broadcast the scores of other games, I don't think its a big deal. It is just an advancement in technology, instead of just seeing the score you see the scoring plays and get a better picture of whats going on in other games.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO so basically the Jaguars decided they are going to treat their fans to some TDs by showing NFL redzone?

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want people in the stands that bad they should give the tickets away.

I don't see how this will benefit anyone. Will they broadcast the sound throughout the PA system? All this will do is create more of a minor league feel to the NFL environment.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bunk I have a feeling there is already quite the minor league feel to the Jaguar games...

I do not mind this. I can see where the fan would want all focus on their teams game but in an age of modern media and the prevalence of fantasy football and sports betting this is just the slightly sad future.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to draw fans back in they need to end the blackouts. At least the locals can attempt to enjoy the games at home and eventually come to love the team. I never understood why they dropped a team in Jax anyway, it's a transplant town with people from all over the country. Most of them head out to the sports bars to watch Sunday Ticket so they can root for their hometown team.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want people in the stands that bad they should give the tickets away.

I don't see how this will benefit anyone. Will they broadcast the sound throughout the PA system? All this will do is create more of a minor league feel to the NFL environment.

Ultimately it is about making more $$. I don't think that anyone on this forum should criticize the NFL in that area. Whether you like the NFL & their owners or not - you have to give them credit in that they know how to make money.

You guys all overlook that fact that most people on this type of forum represent diehard fans (including myself). The entire NFL fanbase is not made up of people like that (especially today when seats cost a fortune). You have lots of so-so fans & people that are interested in other things like seeing highlights from other games (because it is a rival, has one of their fantasy players, is a diversion, etc).

Don't also make the mistake of assuming that all stadiums & fans are just like the one for your team. Not every stadium is like the ones for New England, Green Bay, etc. Also - whenever any of these teams hit a lull (which will happen for every team eventually) - trust me - attendance will go down & fans will be looking for diversions (especially when it is late season & cold, rainy, snowy, etc).

If there was not at least the possibility that this type of thing would make money then I am sure that it would not even be considered anywhere.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it will make them money. Which is why I said people will most likely follow suit. That doesn't detract from my claim that it ruins attending a game.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason I don't think this is a big deal is because the 49ers new stadium is giving people an app that lets them stream Redzone onto their smartphones (along with updating them on lines to the bathroom and beer lines, eventually ordering beer from their seat and having it delivered).

Jacksonville is just taking it a step further and instead of people having their nose buried in their phone they can just glance over to the scoreboard and see it, making it "more convenient for fans". Like I said before, it is just an advancement in technology. I feel like the broadcasting or streaming of NFL Redzone is just replacing that old part of the scoreboard that shows the scores of other teams.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that's not a big fan or NFL Red Zone? Personally I'd rather watch one game because so much great stuff happens that's not neccessarily a scoring play. I like seeing defensive plays, I like watching how drives develop and quirky weird things that happen throughout a game.