• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL at Mariota

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, please don't tell me his preseason no interception streak is over.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As tempting as it is to trash Mariota here, it's Preseason. Lot of very good players look laughably bad throughout the league in their rookie preseason.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As tempting as it is to trash Mariota here, it's Preseason. Lot of very good players look laughably bad throughout the league in their rookie preseason.
True. Those vanilla defenses are tricky. Once the regular season starts the defenses will back off.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the guy a chance. Elway sucked when he was brand new also. I hope he has a lot of success.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Life is life, in the tropics and in the F NFL.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the highlights the interception wasn't totally his fault. It was obviously supposed to be a screen and Sankey never even turned to look for the ball. That said Mariota should have never thrown it. The fumble was on his O-line they were letting pressure get to the backfield way too fast, which shouldn't happen against the vanilla shit that is used in the preseason. Still, 7-8 for 94 yards 1 int 1 fumble and 1 sack in 3 series isn't God awful for a rookie's first live action.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the highlights the interception wasn't totally his fault. It was obviously supposed to be a screen and Sankey never even turned to look for the ball. That said Mariota should have never thrown it. The fumble was on his O-line they were letting pressure get to the backfield way too fast, which shouldn't happen against the vanilla shit that is used in the preseason. Still, 7-8 for 94 yards 1 int 1 fumble and 1 sack in 3 series isn't God awful for a rookie's first live action.
You guys are fuckin crazy. Their timing was off on the screen, but the linebacker had it read and broke on the ball before Mariota even threw it. Sankey was in position and reacted to the ball, he was a little late, but it probably would have been picked regardless...

Reactions: gb2

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are fuckin crazy. Their timing was off on the screen, but the linebacker had it read and broke on the ball before Mariota even threw it. Sankey was in position and reacted to the ball, he was a little late, but it probably would have been picked regardless...

You might want to forgive him, he's an Oregon fan. I've been waiting for colt fans defense of him but their all on hiding.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thus the "never should have thrown it" part. Do you have a reading comprehension problem, or did you just stop reading as soon as I criticized a former Husky? Let's be honest that was a bad play from all of the Titans involved.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thus the "never should have thrown it" part. Do you have a reading comprehension problem, or did you just stop reading as soon as I criticized a former Husky? Let's be honest that was a bad play from all of the Titans involved.
No, I'm comprehending just fine. I just think it's funny that Oregon fans are trying to make excuses and share blame, and then you add "but he should have never thrown it" like you know you're full of shit and want to sound reasonable about it. If he really should have never thrown it, who does the blame fall on? I'm the one trying to unreasably defend a former player? And no, it's not so much that it's a former Husky as much as you're saying he never turned to find the ball, which isn't true...

Reactions: gb2

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what, you're right Sankey was there looking for the ball. The LB was read that play like a book, so I recant, the pick was Mariota's fault. Still For a rookie I think he had a decent showing for his first outing. The thing I'm more worried about is how much penetration the Titans O-line was permitting if that becomes a common occurrence I don't know that Mariota stays healthy the whole season.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what, you're right Sankey was there looking for the ball. The LB was read that play like a book, so I recant, the pick was Mariota's fault. Still For a rookie I think he had a decent showing for his first outing. The thing I'm more worried about is how much penetration the Titans O-line was permitting if that becomes a common occurrence I don't know that Mariota stays healthy the whole season.
That's a big concern. He deserves a chance, it's not really a fair shot if he just gets his ass kicked the whole time...