• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lloyd Tells Pats He's Not Interested

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd, who the Patriots cut in March to avoid paying a $3 million roster bonus, has turned down overtures from the team about possibly returning to New England, according to Pro Football Talk.com
The report states that six teams, including New England, the San Francisco 49ers and New York Jets have reached out to Lloyd, but the wide receiver has no interest in playing football at this time.

Looks like the WR situation is worse than we thought.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel the Pats pain, mostly because Baltimore is going through the same thing with it's receiving situation.

I heard TO is still available.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel the Pats pain, mostly because Baltimore is going through the same thing with it's receiving situation.

I heard TO is still available.

I added Marlon Brown to my FF stable until Jones comes back...I hope he works out fine for you if I have to use him on a bye week.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I added Marlon Brown to my FF stable until Jones comes back...I hope he works out fine for you if I have to use him on a bye week.

he has the size and talent to be a very good NFL receiver, and i hope he steps up.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what the Patriots get for being cheap. I understand letting Welker go although I don't agree with the decision. Didnt understand why they let Lloyd go considering what they had left to work with. I guess this was before Hernandez was going to murder someone and Gronk wasnt going to be ready, but it was still a head scratcher.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was upset when they let Lloyd go but I wouldn't want him back now anyways. Growing pains and all, this is the rookie's times to show up.

We will make the playoffs and are better going forward with the young guys getting game reps than leaning on Lloyd for another year.

09boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody keeps saying let these rookies get the reps and go through there growing pains. Then we will be fine ? Really who says these guys might not be bust. Its not like they drafted them with a first round draft pick and everyone could see that they had talent in college that will translate to the NFL. Or they had talent like Hernandez but got them later in the draft because of there past. Maybe they could be just like Ras-i Dowling or Jermaine Cunningham or with luck Troy Brown. So the only pain I see is Tom Brady having because he will get killed with this growing pain and will not be playing to he is 45.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd isn't a serious solution either. There is upside to the rookies.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the top WR talent in the league this past week I have to say the Pats group appears to be average at best. They have one outstanding slot player with a history of injuries and another lesser one in the same situation...the rest haven't looked like top athletes.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd would have offered them the best chance to win this week, but you don't want him for your top receiver come playoff times. If the rookies are all busts, they're all busts. If you just give up on them now, you lose any chance of having a quality receiving corps by the playoffs this year.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say I blame Lloyd. All this talk about him being bad in the locker room. Waiting till the last minute to cut him in hopes he re-does his contract. I would tell NE no too....We have NO choice but to live with the team we have.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder when they asked him, last week, after AH's arrest, after the draft...?

PFT can breeak some stories...but there's always more to the story.

I was suprised by the release, he had "decent" production last year, but if he is a downer in the locker room, the new guys don't need that.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really seems to me some of us are in panic mode. Let's give the rookies a chance, let's see what they can do. I think we can still run the ball and Tom is so accurate if the rookies concentrate on correct route running the ball will be there. Let's see how it pans out before we panic, it's only week two.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really seems to me some of us are in panic mode. Let's give the rookies a chance, let's see what they can do. I think we can still run the ball and Tom is so accurate if the rookies concentrate on correct route running the ball will be there. Let's see how it pans out before we panic, it's only week two.

Completly agree.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this ^

There will definitely be growing pains. Wouldn't even be surprised by a loss to the Jets tonight. But you know the Pats are going to make the playoffs, and with such a young roster and so many short to medium term injuries, you know they'll be better by playoff time than they are now. Let's just wait and see what happens.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tom Is accurate in the dink and dunk game. His accuracy isnt very good in the medium to longer range throws.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Is accurate in the dink and dunk game. His accuracy isnt very good in the medium to longer range throws.

Well it's not what it once was but if he can dink and dunk us into the red zone he can dink and dunk a few TDunks

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That isn't even close to accurate.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every QB in the history of the NFL does. Brady loses it less than most.