• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions re sign Slay

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions extend CB Darius Slay (4 years, $50.2M; $23M guaranteed): A Grade
I can't remember whom I was having the conversation with two years ago, but we were both surprised that Darius Slay struggled so much as a rookie. Slay made improvements the following year, and he continued to upgrade his game in 2015. In fact, it could be argued that he - not Josh Norman or Richard Sherman - was the best cornerback in the NFL this past season.

I know this is a lot of money for a non-quarterback, and I usually don't grade signings like this so highly, but if Slay continues to evolve, this could seem like a steal a couple of years down the road. Slay will be earning just as much as Janoris Jenkins is from the Giants, and Slay is unquestionably better. He'll be getting $2.5 million per year less than Norman, and as I said, it could be argued that Slay was better despite Norman getting all the acclaim from the talking heads on ESPN.

I think this deserves an "A." Again, I'm not used to giving out such a grade for a signing like this, but Slay could definitely prove to be better than his impending $12.5 million per season salary.
Read more at 2016 NFL Free Agent Grades: WalterFootball.com

Nothing to back that up, but its still nice to read

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions extend CB Darius Slay (4 years, $50.2M; $23M guaranteed): A Grade
I can't remember whom I was having the conversation with two years ago, but we were both surprised that Darius Slay struggled so much as a rookie. Slay made improvements the following year, and he continued to upgrade his game in 2015. In fact, it could be argued that he - not Josh Norman or Richard Sherman - was the best cornerback in the NFL this past season.

I know this is a lot of money for a non-quarterback, and I usually don't grade signings like this so highly, but if Slay continues to evolve, this could seem like a steal a couple of years down the road. Slay will be earning just as much as Janoris Jenkins is from the Giants, and Slay is unquestionably better. He'll be getting $2.5 million per year less than Norman, and as I said, it could be argued that Slay was better despite Norman getting all the acclaim from the talking heads on ESPN.

I think this deserves an "A." Again, I'm not used to giving out such a grade for a signing like this, but Slay could definitely prove to be better than his impending $12.5 million per season salary.
Read more at 2016 NFL Free Agent Grades: WalterFootball.com

Nothing to back that up, but its still nice to read

We can always shit can him in 4 years when he is 29 and asks for 20 mil a year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might turn out to be one of Mayhews better mistakes. He struggled as a rookie being a man press style kid in a zone scheme. That huge jump his second year was attributed to being in Austin's scheme and not zone.