• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions get the 16th pick

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd be happy with an O or D tackle, but i'm liking Shaq Lawson as my early favorite Good sized(6'4" 260lbs) pass rusher that is solid against the run and has a great first step(by the time the draft comes around he'll probably be a top 10 pick though)

Yeah, I agree. Devin Taylor showed some promise last season at least.

DT is a good choice but it's going to be hard to find playing time with Tyrunn Walker tearing shit up.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I forgot the guy's name but he is a white DE from Penn State who tore it up this year. Wouldn't mind rolling the dice on a freak like that at #16.

He's the kind of guy who is a bust or makes a GM look like a genius.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I forgot the guy's name but he is a white DE from Penn State who tore it up this year. Wouldn't mind rolling the dice on a freak like that at #16.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The PSU, Bama and OSU DL's each have 3 top prospects on it. IMO film and combine will separate them. IMO a few will suffer possibly on Sunday's as they may be more a product of their teammates.

I agree Thndr that a few GMs will be effected either way.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ziggy whether you say he was a Schwartz guy or not. Mayhew still drafted him and got credit for a huge risk vs. reward home run.

Still don't think anything could make Mayhew look genius though.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PSU, Bama and OSU DL's each have 3 top prospects on it. IMO film and combine will separate them. IMO a few will suffer possibly on Sunday's as they may be more a product of their teammates.

I agree Thndr that a few GMs will be effected either way.

I'm interested to see that guy's measureables. Like his vertical and broad jump. He already has the length for the position. Would like to see what his explosiveness is.

I remember Devin Taylor had pretty good combine numbers but never really dominated college ball like Nassib did.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have way more pressing issues than DE IMO. We need DT (Ngata leaving hopefully and Reid and Wright disappointed). LBs big time. Need at least 2 (Tulloch gone hopefully, Levy a ?) and probably at least 1 OT. And dare I say a WR (CJ retiring ?).

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have way more pressing issues than DE IMO. We need DT (Ngata leaving hopefully and Reid and Wright disappointed). LBs big time. Need at least 2 (Tulloch gone hopefully, Levy a ?) and probably at least 1 OT. And dare I say a WR (CJ retiring ?).

I'll take the other side of the coin on that argument. Ziggy is great, sure. But there is a startling lack of depth behind him. You are counting on Ziggy being 100% healthy, all the time.

DT's (run stuffers), LB's and #2 Wr's can be found in later rounds usually.

Edge rushers with big upside are usually snapped up early.

We still have Levy coming back who can play WLB or MLB and maybe Van Noy can get his head out of his ass. Don't forget "pop my" Whitehead can serve as depth too.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the other side of the coin on that argument. Ziggy is great, sure. But there is a startling lack of depth behind him. You are counting on Ziggy being 100% healthy, all the time.

DT's (run stuffers), LB's and #2 Wr's can be found in later rounds usually.

Edge rushers with big upside are usually snapped up early.

We still have Levy coming back who can play WLB or MLB and maybe Van Noy can get his head out of his ass. Don't forget "pop my" Whitehead can serve as depth too.

We have Bynes too. Levy is no guarantee to come back 100% or at all though. Hip injuries are crippling and there has not been the advancement in surgery/treatment like there has with knee injuries. Whitehead is average. Van Noy is undisciplined. Best case scenario we are still just average. Worst case scenario we are in big trouble.

JJ and Taylor are decent depth but we could use 1 more. If we lose JJ then yes DE would be viable early as well. Nassib in the second round would be OK. Not chancing a 1st round pick on a second round talent hoping he steps up.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to need at least 1 DE from the draft, imo, if not two. All we have at DE currently under contract is Ziggy and Taylor. JJ and Tapp both are FA. Maybe re-sign Corey Wooten if he's healthy. Former Lions 4th round draft pick and previous PS player Larry Webster was signed by the Panthers. It will all depend on who's brought in via FA.

I surely wouldn't have a problem with the drafting of Lawson or Dodd or Nassib or Bullard and then later pick 5th-6th of another DE.

I also believe we should extend Taylor.

I won't have a problem of going DE then DT or vice versa in first two rounds. There are quite a few DT's that could be available for us in either round, imo. Robinson, Billings, Reed, Clark, Washington, Collins, Rankins, Butler

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy is no guarantee to come back 100% or at all though. Whitehead is average. Van Noy is undisciplined. Best case scenario we are still just average. Worst case scenario we are in big trouble.

Levy is 100% guaranteed to not come back at 100%. In fact, I'd say he's done here. All that hype about him coming back last season and the dude re injures himself after only a few plays. He's torched.

You nailed it with the rest of the backers. Are we moving to a 3-4? Hybrid? Either way we need a complete overhaul.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy is 100% guaranteed to not come back at 100%. In fact, I'd say he's done here. All that hype about him coming back last season and the dude re injures himself after only a few plays. He's torched.

You nailed it with the rest of the backers. Are we moving to a 3-4? Hybrid? Either way we need a complete overhaul.

Maybe Levy has some mail forwarded by Mannings wife.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a mock draft that I pray happens. Has the Lions drafting Billings at 16, Nassib in the 2nd round

Yes please!

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a mock draft that I pray happens. Has the Lions drafting Billings at 16, Nassib in the 2nd round

Yes please!

Wow, That is definitely one of my scenarios. I also have Ragland And Nassib in one with Butler in the 3rd. Cant remember what we have for picks anymore.

Either way this is the year to blow our load on draft picks. I would trade away some of next years to add picks this year. Record number of underclassmen coming out this year. Next years draft is going to Blooooowwwwww!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fixed it for both of you. I think we only play 2 weekday games next year.
Might as well cut my boy Tyrun then.

Was really hoping the Norse division would go the MAC route, start playing on Tuesdays en shit.