• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions get the 16th pick

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like a bunch of the other LBs though

because the other LB that you like come after first round :noidea:

and you don't value them as an important fixture of the defense unless they run a sub 4.5 forty

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@lionstop1 I get your point and Gandy's in wanting to create a run game because it would help to keep defenses honest and also helps Stafford and the pass game open up. It would also be tantamount to run out clock at the end of games IF we're ahead on the scoreboard.

I do understand how each works in unicen with one another.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without CJ, I think we still need a couple of real difference makers on offense.

So, Marvin Jones does nothing for you at all and could never come close to the production of CJ even tho Tate did that himself in 2014.

If the Lions drafted first three rounds yearly for RB's, WR's, pass catching only TE's, you still wouldn't have enough toys for Stafford to excel with, imo.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, this guy is definitely at the top of my wishlist for the Lions at #16. He's a stud and arguably the best DB in the draft. Would be sick to have him and Slay on the other side.

Look at 3:45, Hargreaves has to leave his guy and almost gets the strip. Awesome tackler too, lunges once in awhile but makes a few splash plays in run support even.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, this guy is definitely at the top of my wishlist for the Lions at #16. He's a stud and arguably the best DB in the draft. Would be sick to have him and Slay on the other side.

Look at 3:45, Hargreaves has to leave his guy and almost gets the strip. Awesome tackler too, lunges once in awhile but makes a few splash plays in run support even.

I was all over Hargreaves, hoping he would drop to us, but man, he was terrible his last two games, especially the Michigan game. He bit so hard on one play, the Michigan WR was open by like 20 yards in the end zone. They got him twice in the game. Ridley did a number on him too in the Bama game.

I still like him, but think he will take some time to get acclimated to the NFL. Prior to seeing those two games -- I thought he could be the 1st CB drafted

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a Gators fan so I know a lot about Hargreaves. He's really good but gives up a ton of big plays. He just has the technique and instincts at the position that you want. He's extremely confident too. I dont even mention him because he'll be long gone.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a Gators fan so I know a lot about Hargreaves. He's really good but gives up a ton of big plays. He just has the technique and instincts at the position that you want. He's extremely confident too. I dont even mention him because he'll be long gone.

That is what scared me. The big plays. What will happen when he faces the best QB'S and best WR's in the NFL.

I love his instincts and willingness to help against the run. I think he has everything to be a success CB in the NFL, but whoever drafts him will have to get him to tone down his aggressive style. He sells out trying to jump routes and it works at times, but when it doesn't. It is a touchdown.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL coaches will teach him that his aggressive style will get him in big trouble.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL coaches will teach him that his aggressive style will get him in big trouble.
I agree. That is his style though and how much it will effect the rest of his game. Also, how long will it take him to break life long habits.

You got to watch him much more than I did, I'm assuming. I really only got to see him when Florida was playing a big game. The Bama and Michigan game didn't do him any favors.

Maybe Detroit will get really lucky and he will drop.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all over Hargreaves, hoping he would drop to us, but man, he was terrible his last two games, especially the Michigan game. He bit so hard on one play, the Michigan WR was open by like 20 yards in the end zone. They got him twice in the game. Ridley did a number on him too in the Bama game.

I still like him, but think he will take some time to get acclimated to the NFL. Prior to seeing those two games -- I thought he could be the 1st CB drafted

Yeah, every CB has bad games from time to time. Slay had some games where he gave up big plays early in his career too. It's really just the nature of the position. By the way, that Ridley kid looks like an ascending superstar anyways. I'd rather look at his overall body of work and his competitive fire which looks to be elite.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what scared me. The big plays. What will happen when he faces the best QB'S and best WR's in the NFL.

Slay will more than likely be shadowing #1 receivers next season. Leaving Hargreaves to battle teams #2 wideout. He is good enough to do well against them until he gets up to the speed of the game.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Detroit will get really lucky and he will drop.

Darelle Revis went #14 when he came out and he ran a 4.38 40 yard dash and was an all american coming out of Pitt.

Definitely a chance. There are 3 QB's that could go top 15, 3 OT, 1 RB, 1 or 2 WR's, Plenty of D-lineman and Ramsey will also be drafted higher than him. Not to mention the 1 or 2 screwball picks that come out of left field almost every draft.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, hopefully he doesn't turn into an Alphonso Smith. Dude always got burned but got a lot of interceptions as well. High risk, high reward type.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darelle Revis went #14 when he came out and he ran a 4.38 40 yard dash and was an all american coming out of Pitt.

Definitely a chance. There are 3 QB's that could go top 15, 3 OT, 1 RB, 1 or 2 WR's, Plenty of D-lineman and Ramsey will also be drafted higher than him. Not to mention the 1 or 2 screwball picks that come out of left field almost every draft.

Actually, you're right. Drafts usually go way different than what we expect. There is an outside chance he may be around.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you're right. Drafts usually go way different than what we expect. There is an outside chance he may be around.

What is the chance he is available and the Lions PASS on him? lol

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Outside the top 5 or so. Anything can happen. Someone always drops. Hargreaves had a rough last two games, so I wouldn't be upset if it were him and the Lions took him