• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIONS FIRE SCHWARTZ OFFICIALLY

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Washington peddles Cousins for a high pick to get back some of what they spent on RG3 it looks a lot better. Cousins was not the problem.

I'll go on record right now that this will not happen. He looked awful out there, warranting no reason for anyone to give them a high pick in exchange for him. 3rd round at best, and even then I'd be surprised. There are too many good QB's coming out of college for anyone to want Cousins.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it's common, but I think someone could make out on a Charlie Strong-Teddy Bridgewater package.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Washington peddles Cousins for a high pick to get back some of what they spent on RG3 it looks a lot better. Cousins was not the problem.

Reports out of DC is that Snyder had developed a friendship with RG3 and RG3 was by passing Shanahan and going right to Snyder and that under minded Shanahan. So much so Shanahan almost resigned a few weeks ago.

With his performance last 3 games. IMO no draft pick coming their way, at least not a high one.

Second, what does this mean to new coach coming in. Bad business sense on Danile Snyder Bradyis very close with Kraft. I would have loved to have seen him undermine Billyboy!!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go on record right now that this will not happen. He looked awful out there, warranting no reason for anyone to give them a high pick in exchange for him. 3rd round at best, and even then I'd be surprised. There are too many good QB's coming out of college for anyone to want Cousins.

It is a good year to draft a QB. But I still think Washington gets something decent for Cousins. The point is with Cousins pushing RG3 he can't get lackadaisical. He can't get sloppy with the football.

Since Stafford has been in Detroit his only competition was a fat over the hill bitter Dante Culpepper.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be like when Drew Brees (after 5 seasons) left San Diego and became a much better QB when he got into the right situation. Not saying Stafford will become elite, but the change of coaching may give him a whole new perspective on the QB position.

Just talked about Stafford needing his Sean Payton on another thread. Look how out of sorts Brees was last season without him. Them two definitely compliment each other.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his performance last 3 games. IMO no draft pick coming their way, at least not a high one.

Second, what does this mean to new coach coming in. Bad business sense on Danile Snyder Bradyis very close with Kraft. I would have loved to have seen him undermine Billyboy!!

Brady is tight with BB. Plus he is firmly entrenched as one of the greatest QBs of the last 20 years. Apples and oranges. RG3 had a good rookie year and thats it. to be able to by pass your head coach doesn't work.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So mind numbing listening to vapid caller after vapid caller on 97.1 bitch about Stafford not being Brady or Brees. I wonder if every city has these kind of fans. They probably do.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops is "open" to making the leap to the NFL.

Oh boy. I bet he is just looking for a raise from OK. Playing the game.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18m Matthew Stafford said "I owe a ton" to offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and "I'n sure he'll be a hot commodity"

I respect and admire Stafford's loyalty, but he'll figure out that this is best for him, and grow up with his next HC. This is a landmark moment in his career that he'll one day look back on as a blessing in disguise imo.

The only fucking way Scott Linehan will be a hot commodity is if someone sets him on fire.

His play calling is nothing short of pathetic. If the media or fans or anybody wants to know how we continually lost in the 4th Q just look at how we always completely went away from running the offense the same way we did to get the lead in the first place. That's all on Linehan.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a good year to draft a QB. But I still think Washington gets something decent for Cousins. The point is with Cousins pushing RG3 he can't get lackadaisical. He can't get sloppy with the football.

Since Stafford has been in Detroit his only competition was a fat over the hill bitter Dante Culpepper.

He's had no competition. Ohhhhh live Lions news conference, gotta go.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions live presser:

Lewand says -

"expectations of ownership want consistently winning team to Detroit. Schwartz didn't win enough football games..."

"Search has begun for next HC"

Thinks "...job is single most attractive job in NFL."

Says he can "...verify this by number of calls Lions have gotten today."

Whoa?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions live presser:

Lewand says -

"expectations of ownership want consistently winning team to Detroit. Schwartz didn't win enough football games..."

Whoa?

Please select a winner!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew said prior head coaching experience and scheme will be factors in the next coaching hire.

That's a good sign imo.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on some of the player comments after Schwartz spoke to them about being fired maybe the lack of discipline wasnt the coaches fault. It sounds like many of them are just plain stupid. Anyone expressing "surprise" over this has got to be a complete idiot.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions live presser:

Lewand says -

Whoa?

Waited a week longer than I wanted to hear "That's not acceptable." Good to hear anyway. So Gunns is still employed or what?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waited a week longer than I wanted to hear "That's not acceptable." Good to hear anyway. So Gunns is still employed or what?

Just guessing, but I'm assuming the next HC will usher in all coordinator hiring/firing news. That seems to be how it usually works. Few guys get retained while most officially get their walking papers.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just guessing, but I'm assuming the next HC will usher in all coordinator hiring/firing news. That seems to be how it usually works. Few guys get retained while most officially get their walking papers.

I know Lewand mentioned Scotty could feel free to look for employment or whatever but I didn't hear Cunningham mentioned. Maybe I missed it, or maybe you're right and his ax will drop later. I don't know.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said Linehan and one other were gone but everyone else is still under contract. Gunny is still here.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on some of the player comments after Schwartz spoke to them about being fired maybe the lack of discipline wasnt the coaches fault. It sounds like many of them are just plain stupid. Anyone expressing "surprise" over this has got to be a complete idiot.

I think the reason playing express their support is mostly because it is the right thing to say. Just good ol' pc shit. Although some guys who felt like they were secure under Schwartz dont really want someone new looking at them and reevaluating them.