• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIONS FIRE SCHWARTZ OFFICIALLY

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT CJ Mosely said he wanted them to keep Shwartz.

Cut his azz!

DT talk for please sign me when you become a DC at your next job.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the gong show to replace Schwartz. Parade guys into town and let them give a news conference…..just hire a guy with some serious credentials.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Press conference reportedly this afternoon with Mayhew & Lewand. I assume this means they're staying. What a shame. The Millen regime lives on yet again.

Ya know, they had a very good draft last year. I don't hate it. Maybe Xanders was the missing link to those 2nd/3rd/late round whiffs.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this love for Dominik? ATL made a great run in the years after he was fired there, bot with the team he put together. Since then he's completely failed in Tampa Bay. I realize he might have some name recognition, but there's a reason he's out of a job right now...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Press conference reportedly this afternoon with Mayhew & Lewand. I assume this means they're staying. What a shame. The Millen regime lives on yet again.

How so? Because Mayhew worked under Millen? Better cut Megatron then, Millen drafted him.

Just because Millen was a blundering idiot doesn't mean his staff was as well...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe the Fords gave them the right to step down. I can hope!

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew has been retained.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the gong show to replace Schwartz. Parade guys into town and let them give a news conference…..just hire a guy with some serious credentials.

Agree. This is not the time to experiment with lifetime coordinators/assistants or young hotshot potential. This team is at a stage where it needs an experienced head coach with a track record of success.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mayhew has done a nice job of increasing the talent season after season. I don't mind that he is staying. Mayhew brought in the Colonel Xanders and had a great draft and good FA period we've had in a long long time. The talent got us into the fourth quarter tied or leading in every game but one this season.

The coaching staff didn't pull the right strings in the 4th quarter all season long.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I liked about Schwartz -

Coaches a mean D line.

Made us a very exciting and competetive team.

I liked the Patriots style of telling the media to fuck off all the time.

What I dis-liked -

Had no answer once Best went down. 16-28 since starting 5-0 in 2011 with him.

Could never get the team over the hump and beat the top teams.

Didn't develop team as a whole, everyone pretty much same player they've been since Lions got them.

Thanks for the memories. Best Lions HC ever (how sad). But the time is for someone else to take this squad to the next level.

Peace out and good luck as Rams DC or Browns HC or whatever it is he does next.

All valid points. I think he would fit the Browns too.

As far as being the best Lions HC coach, That is the only thing I dont agree with but I am sure you were tongue in cheek. Joe Shmidt was better for sure and The championship teamss we got with Buddy Parker and George Wilson were no accident.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Schwartz - DT - Lions

Lions fired coach Jim Schwartz.

In 2009, Schwartz took over a team coming off an 0-16 year. He won two games as a rookie coach, six games in 2010 and made the playoffs with a 10-win season in 2011. But it fell apart from there as he lost control of the team's discipline. Schwartz sealed his fate this year by closing the season with one win in the final seven games, blowing what should have been an easy road to the NFC North title. Along the way, he blatantly lied to the media and cursed at fans in the stands. This Lions job will be very appealing as one of the few openings with a franchise quarterback and gobs of talent already in place.

Lets' hope this is true. Presser at 2pm est.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this love for Dominik? ATL made a great run in the years after he was fired there, bot with the team he put together. Since then he's completely failed in Tampa Bay. I realize he might have some name recognition, but there's a reason he's out of a job right now...

I like Dominik. He greatly improved that TB teams talent level. I think their problem has been poor coaching. I dont think all that crap that took place in Tampa was on him. Doesn't matter now. We kept Mayhew. I'm not mad about that, I am not completely for firing Mayhew, I just prefer Dominik.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? Because Mayhew worked under Millen? Better cut Megatron then, Millen drafted him.

Just because Millen was a blundering idiot doesn't mean his staff was as well...

Yes, because he worked under Millen. And helped Millen ruin the team. And has been marginal at best, with poor overall drafting, since Millen left. When you have a disaster like Millen, you fire his entire staff and start over. You don't retain his chief assistant and keep going. That's utter madness.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. This is not the time to experiment with lifetime coordinators/assistants or young hotshot potential. This team is at a stage where it needs an experienced head coach with a track record of success.

With this job supposedly being the best looking job out there, it needs to be a homerun hiring!! Should have their pick of who they want.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All valid points. I think he would fit the Browns too.

As far as being the best Lions HC coach, That is the only thing I dont agree with but I am sure you were tongue in cheek. Joe Shmidt was better for sure and The championship teamss we got with Buddy Parker and George Wilson were no accident.

What I meant is best Lions HC of modern era, I didn't even realize I wrote ever. my bad I'd say Fontz was better too.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I liked about Schwartz -

Coaches a mean D line.

Made us a very exciting and competetive team.

I liked the Patriots style of telling the media to fuck off all the time.

What I dis-liked -

Had no answer once Best went down. 16-28 since starting 5-0 in 2011 with him.

Could never get the team over the hump and beat the top teams.

Didn't develop team as a whole, everyone pretty much same player they've been since Lions got them.

Thanks for the memories. Best Lions HC ever (how sad). But the time is for someone else to take this squad to the next level.

Peace out and good luck as Rams DC or Browns HC or whatever it is he does next.

My biggest problems with Schwartz was that he did not ever seem to be able to make adjustments in the 2nd half. It also seemed like he gameplanned for the Lions, and almost never for our opponents. He made questionable calls and some really bad decisions that really blew some games. He went way too conservative far too early in games. And he never seemed to instill any discipline in this team.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can still steal O'Brien. I would be OK with Wizenhunt or Lovie though. I agree we should be getting whomever the best available coach is. Cant see any other vacancy as attractive as this one.

I dont really watch college football, but I know O'Brien from his time up here. There may be some other intriguing college HCs that would make sense too. I just need to read up when they put the list out there.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millenhew did not deserve to be retained. One good offseason, from which huge question marks surround whether or not he even deserves the credit for it, is not good enough. His win loss record is the same as Schwartz and everyone wanted him to be fired. What's the difference?

Please dont tell me that the team has steadily improved the talent we have because we had absolutely nowhere to go but up. The fact is he did serve under the biggest joke in NFL history as a GM and that is part of his track record, which doesnt get much better once he was put in charge.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say thnx again for Avril,i know how you all said he stinks,guess it was the coaching or the team or something.

Cya next year maybe,,,,,,:suds: