• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions > Dolphins

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami at Pats next. Just don't get killed.

Watched the entire Pats game last Sunday as it was the local game out on the west coast for some reason.

Miami is going to get lit up. Jets played about as good a game as you could and still got beat soundly.

NE is simply the best coached team in football. They rarely make mistakes. They were highlighting the O-line. There was only one, 1st rounder (Soldier) a 4th rounder at RT and two, late round or UDFA rookies at C and RG. They gave up 3 sacks in the first half. BB made adjustments and gave up zero sacks in the second half.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the entire Pats game last Sunday as it was the local game out on the west coast for some reason.

Miami is going to get lit up. Jets played about as good a game as you could and still got beat soundly.

NE is simply the best coached team in football. They rarely make mistakes. They were highlighting the O-line. There was only one, 1st rounder (Soldier) a 4th rounder at RT and two, late round or UDFA rookies at C and RG. They gave up 3 sacks in the first half. BB made adjustments and gave up zero sacks in the second half.

Wait a minute. Are you telling me that coaches are allowed to make in game adjustments? Is anyone in the Lions organization aware of this?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably. The Pats are on a different planet than everyone else.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the Bills have some key players injured?

Tyrod was doing enough to help win. E.J. is not the guy for that role. Sammy wants the ball being a diva already and can't stay healthy. Percy2.0?

What else is killing them in IMO is Rex doing a bunch of 3-4 looks mixed in with a 4-3 built defense that was dominant last year. Rex is pulling a Lombardi. Scheming to a weakness and not a strength.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else is killing them in IMO is Rex doing a bunch of 3-4 looks mixed in with a 4-3 built defense that was dominant last year. Rex is pulling a Lombardi. Scheming to a weakness and not a strength

I would take my chances with Rex knowing what he's doing over a glorified QB coach.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take my chances with Rex knowing what he's doing over a glorified QB coach.

No doubt Thndr, but he is doing the square peg shit.

Mike Tomlin was a 4-3 guy before he worked with Cowher. Then took over, never fixed what was not broke. He adapted instead of force feeding.

Gym Shorts Wide 9 anyone....anyone. Did not work.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along with his first two sacks of the season, Suh had three quarterback hurries, three other tackles-for-losses and two passes batted down.

Read more here: Ndamukong Suh lives up to his hype

Amazing what a coaching change can do to a team and star player. Just proves Suh could have been the top pass rusher AND run stopper for all 5 of his years had he had good coaches.

Makes me think Stafford would excel should he go elsewhere.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Thndr, but he is doing the square peg shit.

I agree completely. You always scheme to your players strength's. Nobody should know their own players strength's and weaknesses like their coaches.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along with his first two sacks of the season, Suh had three quarterback hurries, three other tackles-for-losses and two passes batted down.

Read more here: Ndamukong Suh lives up to his hype

Amazing what a coaching change can do to a team and star player. Just proves Suh could have been the top pass rusher AND run stopper for all 5 of his years had he had good coaches.

Makes me think Stafford would excel should he go elsewhere.

That's been the Lions problem ever since I can remember. They have had plenty of talent. Players even considered tops in the league. Cant win with just those players. Need to develop the other players to elevate their level so there are no huge weaknesses. That's why the Pats are good every year. They develop average players. They are the best coached team in football over the last 15 years+.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's been the Lions problem ever since I can remember. They have had plenty of talent. Players even considered tops in the league. Cant win with just those players. Need to develop the other players to elevate their level so there are no huge weaknesses. That's why the Pats are good every year. They develop average players. They are the best coached team in football over the last 15 years+.

No argument there. The majority of Lions players are still who they were the day we drafted them. Detroit is not an evolutionary machine by any means.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which dumpster fire gets corrected first?

I think Detroit has more pieces in place and more cap space to work with, so I'd have to go with Detroit.

Where does Miami start to fix their problems and do they have the cap space necessary to make the changes? And this isn't being a troll -- this is a serious question.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Detroit has more pieces in place and more cap space to work with, so I'd have to go with Detroit.

Where does Miami start to fix their problems and do they have the cap space necessary to make the changes? And this isn't being a troll -- this is a serious question.
Detroit has a QB... Miami doesn't.... that is a HUGE difference right there. Detroit just needs depth on their oline and dline and they would be a playoff team again... Miami needs a heck of a lot more than that.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you also on Detroit, but which new GM make the right moves? Detroit will have a lot of cap space.

Dolphins can free up $15-20 million with 2-4 cuts. Then of course there is always the dreaded restructure of Suh. They won't touch Tannehill's contract. Not after the season he's had. So they're not in great shape, but not as drastic as some here say.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you also on Detroit, but which new GM make the right moves? Detroit will have a lot of cap space.

Dolphins can free up $15-20 million with 2-4 cuts. Then of course there is always the dreaded restructure of Suh. They won't touch Tannehill's contract. Not after the season he's had. So they're not in great shape, but not as drastic as some here say.
The Dolphins are in no way set up horrible from a roster stand point.. they have some players and could be a playoff team... They just need a QB. Its the front office and coaching that needs to be fixed more than anything. If you want to see a real shit bag roster and dumpster fire... look no farther than Cleveland... or San Fran... now those teams rosters are disgusting.

I could see the Dolphins drafting a QB. New GM's normally want their coach and their QB.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah -- the new GM will be key for Detroit. Doesn't matter how much money you have available if you don't bring in the right players.

With the Dolphins -- you following them much closer than I do, so I will trust you. The games I watched this year -- they were just manhandled by teams, especially the divisional foes. (i'm guessing they decided to use Miami for the AFC game because of Suh in Metro Detroit, so I watched them play quite a bit)

I know many thought I was trolling when I said Miami reminded me of the Lions, but they really do. Good enough to be dangerous against mediocre teams, but nowhere near good enough to beat top teams.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins are actually negative 6 million right now... there is no way they can free up 20 mil with just 2-4 cuts. They have no salary cap space what so ever... the new GM is going to have to make cuts just to get under the cap.. let alone sign free agents.