• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions/Dolphins Rush Defense Wager thread

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God that Ngata trade was bad :tsk: Maybe we can get Fairley back this next off season

I'm sure I'm wrong in Fairley. I just don't like him. I'm like Smitty is towards Tate on him.
No man should have to be motivated to play this game, no man!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God that Ngata trade was bad :tsk: Maybe we can get Fairley back this next off season

Fairley had as much natural God given ability as Suh. Sadly, Mayhew ruined him with his bizarre and nonsensical weight demands, forcing Nick to lose and gain weight at unhealthy levels, which ultimately led to his injury. I'd like to see a healthy Fairley with a real staff.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure I'm wrong in Fairley. I just don't like him. I'm like Smitty is towards Tate on him.

Blame Mayhew. Nick's mojo was all outta whack thanks to those dramatic and unhealthy weight swing demands.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of defensive tackles are that way i kinda got over it with Shaun Rogers that dude was a beast when he wanted to be...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prob juicing again.

Rob, he might be, he is playing better though. I understand if you can't say this publicly.

I'm not comparing the two guys, just saying a honest opinion on his play. Nobody was going to replace Suh. I'm not jaded and will still compliment when neccasary.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob, he might be, he is playing better though. I understand if you can't say this publicly.

I'm not comparing the two guys, just saying a honest opinion on his play. Nobody was going to replace Suh. I'm not jaded and will still compliment when neccasary.

Ngata def playing better. Better than nothing still better. Maybe he's motivated by the Harbaugh rumors?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Even Suh took plays off. Not many, but he has done it.

All the greats do. No point killing yourself on a play that isn't coming your way anyways. Savs that energy for the fourth quarter. That's what Moss did. Belichick called him the smartest WR he ever coached.

They actually teach kids this technique now. Its a growing trend thanks to pioneers like Moss and Suh.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame Mayhew. Nick's mojo was all outta whack thanks to those dramatic and unhealthy weight swing demands.

Rob, you and I would not need any motivation to to do what's right given the chance to play this sport for extra time. Damn sure know I wouldn't need it if I had the ability. Mayhew changed shit up once Fairley gave him reasons to. It was wrong ideas, but ultimately Fairley issue he created.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob, you and I would not need any motivation to to do what's right given the chance to play this sport for extra time. Damn sure know I wouldn't need it if I had the ability. Mayhew changed shit up once Fairley gave him reasons to. It was wrong ideas, but ultimately Fairley issue he created.

Fairley loves football. Loved it at Auburn and as a fat little beast of a kid growing up playing it. Then he met Mayhew, who tried to change him.

Mayhew demotivated tons of guys in his 14 years here.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley loves football. Loved it at Auburn and as a fat little beast of a kid growing up playing it. Then he met Mayhew, who tried to change him.

Mayhew demotivated tons of guys in his 14 years here.

Spin it anyway you want. We'll always disagree here Rob.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spin it anyway you want. We'll always disagree here Rob.

Agree. Mayhew ruined tons of guys. Not sure why Nick gets treated differently from the rest of Mayhew's epic failures. Kid did just fine at Auburn??

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbage time for defensive linemen isn't a thing offensive linemen don't stop protecting there QB and don't stop trying to open running lanes because of the score. On offense you have garbage time because teams will start playing soft/prevent at the end of games.

When everyone in the building knows the offense is going to run the ball over and over to run out the clock -- it is garbage time.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Suh is so awesome he gets sacks on run plays! Wow! :pound:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When everyone in the building knows the offense is going to run the ball over and over to run out the clock -- it is garbage time.

So by that logic 3rd and short is garbage time because running is more likely or 3rd and long is garbage time for the cornerbacks?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Mayhew ruined tons of guys. Not sure why Nick gets treated differently from the rest of Mayhew's epic failures. Kid did just fine at Auburn??

Oh I'm not saying Mayhew didn't effect guys here. I'm only speaking of Fairley, you brought others in.

You feel Fairley is a stud. He could never be a premier DT alone. He has had seasons beside Suh and now Donald. Average numbers for a man facing single blockers.

He had one game I loved. Against the Saints when Suh was suspended. Never, ever did I see that again while here. Had he played with that tenacity beside Suh in every game. He would have cashed in this off season. All he could get was a show me contract.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying suddenly a guy becomes a nothing? Tannehill is not bad and if you call Lamar Miller having no run game, no need to keep talking.

IMO he don't deserve to be all-pro this season. I've seen man guys not get the accolades season after season.

You sound real foolish spewing on and on about Suh. I remember him being worth 15 million a year but not 20. Your words not mine. So the guy your willing to pay 15 a year, flat out sucks and only gets stats in garbage time and you also were way off base in your own thoughts of what he is worth. Thump away Mike, thump away.

I'm not saying Suh is a nothing. He is a great player. He is ridiculously overpaid though. And I think you are confusing what I'm saying -- he is having a solid year for a DT, but for 19 million a year -- he should be dominating games. I guarantee you -- Miami didn't give him that contract just so he can eat a double team. They could have re-signed Odrick for 12 million less to do that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by that logic 3rd and short is garbage time because running is more likely or 3rd and long is garbage time for the cornerbacks?

If the team is losing 35-7, like Miami was yesterday and it was 3rd and short. Yes. It is garbage time. Has nothing to do with down and distance, and everything to do with the outcome of the game already decided.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against the Saints when Suh was suspended.

Should say he had one quarter against the Saints. He was dominant in the 1st quarter of the Saints game (Had like 4 tackles and 1.5 sacks) and I think he left injured in the 2nd half.