• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions/Dolphins Rush Defense Wager thread

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to that. Had he played with tenacity he would still be a Lion who got tagged and see no Ngata trade IMO. So be mad at him for Ngata.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm not saying Mayhew didn't effect guys here. I'm only speaking of Fairley, you brought others in.

You feel Fairley is a stud. He could never be a premier DT alone. He has had seasons beside Suh and now Donald. Average numbers for a man facing single blockers.

He had one game I loved. Against the Saints when Suh was suspended. Never, ever did I see that again while here. Had he played with that tenacity beside Suh in every game. He would have cashed in this off season. All he could get was a show me contract.

Well I saw tons of plays by him. No, he never racked up elite stats, but the guy next to him did. Nick was always causing havoc, even if he didn't record the stat.

My favorite play was destroying the Green Bay FB Kuhn 3 yards behind the line on a 3 and 1 by timing the snap perfecty. Same game he almost German suplexed ARog I believe.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I saw tons of plays by him. No, he never racked up elite stats, but the guy next to him did. Nick was always causing havoc, even if he didn't record the stat.

My favorite play was destroying the Green Bay FB Kuhn 3 yards behind the line on a 3 and 1 by timing the snap perfecty. Same game he almost German suplexed ARog I believe.

What do the Germans have to do with this?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley loves football. Loved it at Auburn and as a fat little beast of a kid growing up playing it.

absolute BS, Swarm. I watched him play at Williamson H.S. over in Mobile and he was nothing more than a lazy shit on and off the field. He was a two-star rated LG who played some DT/DE. He couldn't get to Awbun on his 1st go around. He had to go JC route and barely made it Awbun because of grades. Chizik struggled to get/keep him motivated at Awbun.

When Fairley was interested in playing he could play all-world.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill is not bad and if you call Lamar Miller having no run game, no need to keep talking.

Maybe I should re-phrase that -- Miami has an offense that refuses to run the ball. It is impressive that any team has run the ball fewer than Detroit, but Miami does.

With Tannehill -- He reminds me of Stafford. Not as strong of an arm, but more mobile. Will put up big stats against bottom feeders, but struggle against top tier competition. Dan Campbell wants him to be a game manager, while the front office see him as a franchise QB. (Just like in Detroit)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley had as much natural God given ability as Suh.

That I'll agree with. Fairley's lateral agility, movement and speed was much better than Suh and Suh admitted as much.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley was all world. That's the point.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw Ngata create a sack fumble Ziggy recovered. Does this elevate your feelings on Ngata?

Okay in serious note, why I say he will never be premier DT. The guy facing double teams got the stats over him. I don't need him have elite stats. Stats are not my hold up. He was non existent all too often for my likings.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ultimately led to his injury.

Which injury? Fairley was injured every single year in Detroit. He was in Detroit for 4 years and missed 18 games with injuries.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feelings on Ngata are I'm glad Mayhew didn't re sign him before he was fired.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At Auburn yes, in Detroit not so much. I don't care what he did in college. I care what he does for the Lions. You make him actually look worse by saying he was more talented than Suh, yet never used said talent.

Which is another reason I have issues with him. I defended Mayhew on taking back to back DT like he did. I loved Fairley coming out. I saw Mayhew taking his biggest strength and making it stronger with that pick. He never lived up to it.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

could be when HE WANTED TO BE

go back and watch that game in the snow at Philly. That fucker quit playing with about 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Suh continued to fight through that game and looked over at Fairley on run play by McCoy who blew by Fairley. You could tell Suh was pissed for Fairley giving up when he raised his hands upwards towards Fairley.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story bro!

I was off by a little. It was 3 tackles and a sack. He was hurt in the 1st quarter.

The Lions' rookie defensive tackle, who missed most of training camp and the first four games of the season with a fractured left foot, aggravated the injury during a dominant first quarter in Sunday night's 31-17 loss to the Saints.

Fairley, playing in place of suspended All-Pro Ndamukong Suh, had three tackles and chased down Drew Brees for his first career sack before hobbling to the sideline. ...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Auburn yes, in Detroit not so much. I don't care what he did in college. I care what he does for the Lions. You make him actually look worse by saying he was more talented than Suh, yet never used said talent.

Which is another reason I have issues with him. I defended Mayhew on taking back to back DT like he did. I loved Fairley coming out. I saw Mayhew taking his biggest strength and making it stronger with that pick. He never lived up to it.

Strongly disagree. Fairey was part of our famed D line, our best years, and some of the best since the 90s. Lions fans don't give him the credit he deserves.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be when HE WANTED TO BE

go back and watch that game in the snow at Philly. That fucker quit playing with about 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Suh continued to fight through that game and looked over at Fairley on run play by McCoy who blew by Fairley. You could tell Suh was pissed for Fairley giving up when he raised his hands upwards towards Fairley.

He was injured. You said it yourself. He was an all world talent. Didn't become a college star and top 15 pick on accident.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Failing Fairly, failing to pick up his 5th year option, then failing to replace him was a big part of the reason Mayhew lost his job, especially after doing the same w Suh. Our line was our identity, and all we have left now is Ziggy.

Gotta do everything we can to keep him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't become a college star and top 15 pick on accident.

considered in late January and early February as a possible #1 overall pick until it got out that he had serious motivational problems. He started dropping from the time before combine. Had Mayhew not picked him at #13 there's no telling how far he may have fallen but that's another debate.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it yourself. He was an all world talent.

Swarm I won't discredit his ability when he's 100% healthy and when he wants to give 100% effort similar to Suh. He's just not that consistent at it like Suh was. someone else in here stated about taking plays off. All players take a few plays off. ALL