• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Cut 8 Players

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make room for the 11 UDFAs we signed, some guys had to lose their jobs.

Those unlucky bastards were: WR/RB Carlin Isles, safety Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, K John Potter, TE Matt Veldman, WR Cody Wilson, CB Nate Ness, LB Jon Morgan and center Sherman Carter were let go by the team.

The most surprising of that group are Veldman, who didn't figure to crack our roster, but provided decent camp injury insurance, and Ness, a big CB who was recently signed to be a camp body.

Isles is an obvious drop with his interests being in rugby. Owusu-Ansah came in as an athletic DB, but has bounced from team to team. Potter became the odd-man-out when Freese was drafted. Wilson was on the practice squad last year, but apparently the brass had seen enough to know it was time to move on. Morgan flashed at times last summer, but never really staked a claim to anything. Never heard of Carter...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit, we cut Broncos immediately after the draft too much. (I mention Carlin Isles and he gets cut. Kris Durham Kris Durham Kris Durham....)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how many (if any) of these guys sign with other teams as training camp approaches. I don't think Isles will be, since he's given up on the NFL, and I don't think Cody Wilson gets any looks either, but I'd think the rest of them all have a shot to get scooped up somewhere...

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how many (if any) of these guys sign with other teams as training camp approaches. I don't think Isles will be, since he's given up on the NFL, and I don't think Cody Wilson gets any looks either, but I'd think the rest of them all have a shot to get scooped up somewhere...

Are you sure Isles had given up? I thought he was just finishing up his rugby season at the time of the first mini camp, and planned on being here for rookie mini camp.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure Isles had given up? I thought he was just finishing up his rugby season at the time of the first mini camp, and planned on being here for rookie mini camp.

He probably found out, that all that padding didn't prevent pain. Just reduced the chance of broken bones.