• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions at Cowboys

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Dallas has a pretty darn good chance to win this game even with Detroit looking like having the better talent. Why?

1. Dallas being 0-2 at home. ( an emphasis in this league)
2. the Lions pass defense is suspect ( plays to what we do best on offense. Dak can spread the ball around to the open man)
3. thè Lions as a team are league average sacking the QB ( Dak makes play when teams blitz him)
4. Detroit's passing game requires 4 good to decent corners. (Bland & Carson are back to join Diggs and Lewis who is playing real good thus far this year)
5. i read Dallas changed blocking schemes on offense last week with more hat on hat and less zone blocking concepts.
The lions have a DL that is crazy good. Hutchison.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed the Steelers DL was getting handled after Guyton went out. They did not do much after Smith moved to LT. Bass had at least one pan cake block. I liked what I was seeing.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just admire any team with that kind of OL. That will travel in Dec/Jan. They have great skill guys, an experienced QB and one of the best pass rushers in the game. If their coach can figure out situational game management, they will be tough

I like Dan Campbell and think he does a good job. I think most of us here like Campbell but I feel exactly the same as what i think UK may be alluding to here. UK also had another post after this one that mentioned Campbell outsmarting himself. This can happen. I dont think either of us is throwing him under the bus. The truth is the guy takes some crazy risks at times. He is the guy that will listen to his crowd and go for it on 4rth and 3 from his own 45. Or also the guy that can get caught up in his emotions. Again , I love the guy and he does some great things. All those risks are fine when you have an 8 or 9 win team. This is an 11-12 win team or maybe even more .They dont need a bunch of high risk calls anymore. The question i have about him is will he be able to play it more safe than he has in the past and let his talented players just go out and play. An old college coach once said dance with the one that brought you. Maybe he sticks to his guns and stays aggressive as ever. I just know if they try to single cover Lamb like they did DK Metcalf , as one of our old players said - Get your Popcorn ready.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Dan Campbell and think he does a good job. I think most of us here like Campbell but I feel exactly the same as what i think UK may be alluding to here. UK also had another post after this one that mentioned Campbell outsmarting himself. This can happen. I dont think either of us is throwing him under the bus. The truth is the guy takes some crazy risks at times. He is the guy that will listen to his crowd and go for it on 4rth and 3 from his own 45. Or also the guy that can get caught up in his emotions. Again , I love the guy and he does some great things. All those risks are fine when you have an 8 or 9 win team. This is an 11-12 win team or maybe even more .They dont need a bunch of high risk calls anymore. The question i have about him is will he be able to play it more safe than he has in the past and let his talented players just go out and play. An old college coach once said dance with the one that brought you. Maybe he sticks to his guns and stays aggressive as ever. I just know if they try to single cover Lamb like they did DK Metcalf , as one of our old players said - Get your Popcorn ready.
Very well said and on point. Campbell may be my favorite HC in the league. Super smart and a great leader. He has some Jimmy Johnson in him. It's not throwing him under the bus to point out his one major flaw. We all saw him hand us the game last year on a bonehead call. But that's fixable, and he is a sharp guy. I really like our head coach as well, he does a great job, but he has the same type issue

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hutchison has 6.5 thru 4 games. THE TEAM has 11 thru 4 games.

My post...the Lions as a team are league average.

Dallas has 11 sacks thru 5 games
Awesome offense, average defense, one game wrecker on D. Actually sounds familiar lol. Minus the injuries

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed the Steelers DL was getting handled after Guyton went out. They did not do much after Smith moved to LT. Bass had at least one pan cake block. I liked what I was seeing.
On the Watt sack, watch how badly Tyler was beaten at LT. Worse than Steele was

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hutchison has 6.5 thru 4 games. THE TEAM has 11 thru 4 games.

My post...the Lions as a team are league average.

Dallas has 11 sacks thru 5 games
Wasn't knocking your assessment. Was throwing in my .02

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too love Campbell and have from day 1. He and Vrabel are my two favorite younger coaches. He is not only a good coach that figures out ways around things kind of like Belichick (he was waiting to use that play to confuse us on the 2 point conversion at the perfect time), but he also doesn't take crap and at the same time his players still like him. Where I disagree with you is on the flaws. He does not listen to the crowd, because he doesn't listen to anyone. He is stubborn and painfully stubborn. On those 4th downs it was like if he stopped going for them he would be admitting he was wrong on the previous ones so he kept going for them and they were dumb decisions. He cost his team a trip to the SB. That was not OK and he needs to change that or it will remain his tragic flaw for his entire career and his career won't be as long and successful as it otherwise would have been.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too love Campbell and have from day 1. He and Vrabel are my two favorite younger coaches. He is not only a good coach that figures out ways around things kind of like Belichick (he was waiting to use that play to confuse us on the 2 point conversion at the perfect time), but he also doesn't take crap and at the same time his players still like him. Where I disagree with you is on the flaws. He does not listen to the crowd, because he doesn't listen to anyone. He is stubborn and painfully stubborn. On those 4th downs it was like if he stopped going for them he would be admitting he was wrong on the previous ones so he kept going for them and they were dumb decisions. He cost his team a trip to the SB. That was not OK and he needs to change that or it will remain his tragic flaw for his entire career and his career won't be as long and successful as it otherwise would have been.

Oh he is the first in line to take blame for the loss. A lot of coaches are but thats just coach speak for some. In his case he really isnt lying - it has been his fault. I dont even remember the one in the NFC champ. Game. . He has done it more than a few times. Instead of me coming out and saying dumb , i tried to sugarcoat it a little by saying following the crowd or his emotions at the time. Truthfully they were dumb. I think he wants to show his team he is behind them 100 percent. If he does something that doesnt work , i think he truly believes his team will bail him out. I just dont think he has to do it as much with this team he has. In saying all that , Im hoping he does something in this game to hurt his team because man for man we do not matchup. Ive said it all week , if we play like we have the first 5 weeks - we are going to need some help.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Sunday I guess I'll be a Cowboys fan.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Sunday I guess I'll be a Cowboys fan.
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our first rounder is coming in as projected. Needs work. Ugh

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He admitted it was a mistake

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He admitted it was a mistake
My comment was about during the game when it mattered. He had similar times when he went for it and shouldn't have and yet still went for it and kept going for it

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that too, but Tyler has proven he can be a Heck of a LT when getting the reps there. He is probably 10-15 pounds heavier since he kicked inside as well. I think their best unit might eventually be Tyler, Bass, Beebe, Martin and Guyton with Steele as the Swing, though the money they gave Steele will prevent that

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was about during the game when it mattered. He had similar times when he went for it and shouldn't have and yet still went for it and kept going for it
Yeah. But he gained so much respect from the players.

I thought was dumb as hell. He later was like... uh... should have not done that

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. But he gained so much respect from the players.

I thought was dumb as hell. He later was like... uh... should have not done that
You know what players like? Going to the Super Bowl

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Cowboys want to keep Smith at LG. Guyton has potential,but he is not there yet.

Cowboys got a decision To make

the answer is obvious to me. You roll with the lineup they had after Guyton went out . If you want to win now you have to move Guyton to the bench and have Smith at LT. Guyton is not ready IMO. He shows flashes though. Not consistent and he going to get Dak hurt