• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2015 schedule thread

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now understand why Rob is trying to make a team wager and not a wager on the defenses. Miami opens the season with the easiest schedule in the NFL, by far. Their 1st 5 games -- the teams record in 2014 were a combined 22-58 (they face the 2 win titans, the 3 win jaguars, the 4 win jets and the 4 win redskins)

The only team they play with a winning record is buffalo, who has a new coach and new coordinators, and no QB.

Whoever took the bet with Rob -- might as well wait till the 2nd half of the season before showing up as that is when Miami starts playing good teams.

Miami even gets the scrub teams on the road for their non-conference games and play the solid team at home.

I will say this -- IF Miami can't finish with a winning record with the schedule they have -- they are in some trouble going forward. The only scrub team they don't face is TB it seems.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does it feel to finish 1st in something?

it's fun-tastic

I have finished 1st quite a few times in my life

just not in here..... EVER..... til last night :yes:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's fun-tastic

I have finished 1st quite a few times in my life

just not in here..... EVER..... til last night :yes:

Truth: doesn't feel right betting w you. You never annoy me, you're a good poster who doesn't spin shit. Already respected you on here. I was really looking for one of these other big mouths who keep telling me how great the Lions and Mayhew are, and how bad Suh and Miami are to take it. Even if I won I'd never give tiny anything but a cool avi to rock. My good soul wouldn't let me do anything otherwise.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth: doesn't feel right betting w you. You never annoy me, you're a good poster who doesn't spin shit. Already respected you on here. I was really looking for one of these other big mouths who keep telling me how great the Lions and Mayhew are, and how bad Suh and Miami are to take it. Even if I won I'd never give tiny anything but a cool avi to rock. My good soul wouldn't let me do anything otherwise.

Well fuck then... I'm extremely disappointed in you... you better rock the shit out of that avi bet that I might lose to you....

I'm not retracting the bet

and I don't care if I lose a bet for goodness sakes.. I mean it's a simple, kind of stupid bet, is all. I have no shame in it whatsoever... none

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling you'll always be trying to figure shit out. I'm not TP. You bore the shit out of me. Think what you want. I'm fine with it.

I already figured out the Lions. Mediocre defense for 4 years -- nothing to do with Suh, it is all on the GM. Only addition is Ihedbigo, and Suh is the one responsible for the success of the defense.

I've moved on to Miami now. I know you don't have faith in their defense, as you turned down the wager I offered, so I figured I'd ask who is going to get the blame placed on them.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've moved on to Miami now. I know you don't have faith in their defense, as you turned down the wager I offered, so I figured I'd ask who is going to get the blame placed on them.

I have no idea what you're going on about. It's draft week, you didn't take the bet. Let it go, Mike.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck then... I'm extremely disappointed in you... you better rock the shit out of that avi bet that I might lose to you....

I'm not retracting the bet

and I don't care if I lose a bet for goodness sakes.. I mean it's a simple, kind of stupid bet, is all. I have no shame in it whatsoever... none

I'm not retracting either. There's just no joy in it for me like it would be if Mike, Doc, Micro, Gandy or TP took it. They're the ones saying the Lions will be better. Not you.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to the team bet. I don't think either the Lions or the Dolphins are going to sniff a Super Bowl, unless they find some immediate contributions from multiple draft picks and have a ton of luck on their side.

Miami isn't getting out of the AFC and just like the Lions with GB -- they aren't winning their division until Tom Brady and Belichick retire.

That means having to beat quality teams on the road in the playoffs. Both teams are going to end up in the 7-9 to 9-7 range.

It is nothing more than a coin flip between the two teams records, which is why both teams have the exact same odds to win the SB next year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what you're going on about.

Would you like me to go get your comments where you blamed the Lions mediocre defense on Mayhew and gave the credit for last year's defense to Suh? :)

I'm just having fun with you. I wish Suh nothing but the best -- How can you be upset at someone who is getting 2 million more per year and live in Miami all year round?. They will have their hands full though in the AFC trying to make a Super Bowl run in a conference with Brady, Manning and Luck.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you like me to go get your comments where you blamed the Lions mediocre defense on Mayhew and gave the credit for last year's defense to Suh? :)

I'm just having fun with you. I wish Suh nothing but the best -- How can you be upset at someone who is getting 2 million more per year and live in Miami all year round?. They will have their hands full though in the AFC trying to make a Super Bowl run in a conference with Brady, Manning and Luck.

Upset at someone? I love Suh in Miami.

Want a new GM in Detroit. Suh me.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to the team bet. I don't think either the Lions or the Dolphins are going to sniff a Super Bowl, unless they find some immediate contributions from multiple draft picks and have a ton of luck on their side.

Miami isn't getting out of the AFC and just like the Lions with GB -- they aren't winning their division until Tom Brady and Belichick retire.

That means having to beat quality teams on the road in the playoffs. Both teams are going to end up in the 7-9 to 9-7 range.

It is nothing more than a coin flip between the two teams records, which is why both teams have the exact same odds to win the SB next year.

I think Miami starts to push on New England this year, finishing 2nd in the East. By Suh's 5th year there, I fully expect an East title and some playoff wins. Definitely love the direction their headed, much more than the Lions.

It will be fun tracking these two teams for the foreseeable future.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you like me to go get your comments where you blamed the Lions mediocre defense on Mayhew and gave the credit for last year's defense to Suh? .

I'm not downplaying Austin. He had HC interviews, so something is there. But he has to prove it without Suh. Just don't see it happening. The D is just not that good anymore without Suh. Austin isn't a miracle worker.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell man I might move to Detroit before I would Miami. Between the language barrier, the hurricanes and my road rage coupled with their awful drivers I don't think I could stand it.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I thought the Saints would beat Detroit and they blew. Atlanta was supposed to compete and they sucked. I had Buffalo as a win and they were 9-7. The schedule doesn't mean shit teams rarely are what they seem in April.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not downplaying Austin. He had HC interviews, so something is there. But he has to prove it without Suh. Just don't see it happening. The D is just not that good anymore without Suh. Austin isn't a miracle worker.

IMO Suh is the best DT in football hands dow but I think you're really selling Ngata short. I think you're selling Levy, Ansah, Slay, Quin and Tulloch pretty short too.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I thought the Saints would beat Detroit and they blew. Atlanta was supposed to compete and they sucked. I had Buffalo as a win and they were 9-7. The schedule doesn't mean shit teams rarely are what they seem in April.

Nor are they what they were last year. At the end of the season we could possibly end up with the easiest schedule in the league. I doubt it but it could be.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he has to prove it without Suh. Just don't see it happening. The D is just not that good anymore without Suh. Austin isn't a miracle worker.

I beg to differ. The miracle worker took a mediocre defense that lost it's MLB and two nickel corners for the season, as well as playing multiple games with Ihedbigo and Fairley, and most of the season without Van Noy.

I would call that a miracle. It is just a shame that Lombardi messed with the offense and made them mediocre.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Suh is the best DT in football hands dow but I think you're really selling Ngata short. I think you're selling Levy, Ansah, Slay, Quin and Tulloch pretty short too.

I love Ansah. There was a time before the draft when I was the only one. I like Levy too. I like all of them. But Suh was/is a once in a lifetime talent. He didn't make all those guys good, but he absolutely made them better.