• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Linebacking Corps looking good so far

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After losing Keenan again, I think we all were questioning the depth of the ILBs. It would be great if a few of the young guys improve enough to make the team and to make a positive impact. I know Tapp has looked great and we need him to stay healthy. I think Compton has a decent shot at getting in. Not sure about Burdette, but hopefully he can get a big chance vs Tampa.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Jackson's suspension and Robinson on the shelf I was worried as well but no more. I'm confident in that group along with Dline.

HailYeah21

esc7391 on ESPN. HAILYEAH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Compton is a PS guy. Coaches like him but is he really gonna take Barnett's spot? I dont think so.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Compton is a PS guy. Coaches like him but is he really gonna take Barnett's spot? I dont think so.

well barnett better show . he didnt last week

but in reality compton should be a ps player and i think he has a future

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley has not looked very good he is a major liability in coverage from what I have seen!!!

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley has not looked very good he is a major liability in coverage from what I have seen!!!
liability in coverage has been the most thrown around term of all time for our linebackers. used to be rak, now its fletcher and riley, soon it will be jenkins and keenan. it never ends!

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried at all about Riley. More worried about who would be stepping in if either Riley or Fletcher gets injured.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i had this debate with warpath and after i went over the play by play for LBF i found that the safeties were more at fault for coverage errors that LBF was blamed for . Riley wasnt burnt that much vs te's either

if you are asking LBF and riley to cover tall rangy athletic Te's for a living you will be at a disadvantage

but then again NO ilb is making a living doing that

and no ILB is going to make a living covering RBs or wrs either

what we need from them is high tackle numbers and guidance on defense with the occasional PD or pick

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had this debate with warpath and after i went over the play by play for LBF i found that the safeties were more at fault for coverage errors that LBF was blamed for . Riley wasnt burnt that much vs te's either

if you are asking LBF and riley to cover tall rangy athletic Te's for a living you will be at a disadvantage

but then again NO ilb is making a living doing that

and no ILB is going to make a living covering RBs or wrs either

what we need from them is high tackle numbers and guidance on defense with the occasional PD or pick
Exactly Dad! It's the thinking every other team in the league has LB's that stick to TE & RB's like glue and Washington is the only one that doesn't. It's laughable actually!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Dad! It's the thinking every other team in the league has LB's that stick to TE & RB's like glue and Washington is the only one that doesn't. It's laughable actually!

well when i made that argument before it wasnt accepted . i was being force fed that the world would spin off its axis because LBF could not stick with te's.

i think te's caught 11 balls on him or when he was involved in double coverage

of that half didnt mean anything as far as tds and 1st downs go

and riley wasnt that far off either .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here are the stats

saints 6 rec by te's LBF gave up one for 4yds . 1
rams 4 rec by tes lbf 1-13 yds
cinn 6 rec , lbf beaten 2 for 47 yds in double coverage with kerrigan and hall . 2 pds on tes
tb 4 rec . LBF not beaten at all
falcons 13 rec beaten 3 times in coverage of which only once was he in single coverage
vikes 7 rec by te's LBF not beaten 1 pd on the TE
giants 5 rec lbf beaten once in double coverage with riley the other guy
steelers 5 rec 1-25 yds by LBF one PD
panthers 6 rec 4 rec on LBF 2 of which were for 5 yds a piece on 1st down 2 more for 26 yds
eagles 6 rec 1 rec for -3 yds on LBF 1pd
boys 9 rec , 1 rec on lbf in single coverage for 6 yds , 1 for 7 seven yds with loax in double coverage 1 pd
giants 6 rec 1-4 yds in single coverage , 1-16 yds with hall in double coverage
ravens 5 rec 1-9 yds on LBF
browns 7 rec 1-8 yds on LBF 1-4 yds on LBF with double coverage with hall
eagles 3 rec 1-7 yds in double coverage with gomes
boys 10 rec 2-20 yds in double coverage with riley

now for the totals 103 rec by te's 15 of those on LBF as far as catches go 11 when he was in double coverage and 5 pds

so by my math 14 % of all rec , by te's can be directly linked to LBF in single coverage
25% if you count double coverage and assign all blame on him for that failure

now that discounts a rec for negative yardage which is a win and a few rec for 7 yds or less that didnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things

i posted this a long time ago and no one responded to it but those all came from the official play by play

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
State of the Redskins Depth Chart: Linebackers - Hogs Haven

Position Battles: Inside Linebackers
London Fletcher - Fletcher led the Redskins to a stellar overall defensive performance last Saturday. It really is amazing to see what he is able do at age 38.
Trending: No change
Perry Riley - Riley had another solid game against the Bills. So far in the preseason, he continues to show he will be a steady force in the middle.
Bryan Kehl - Kehl stood out again in the third preseason game. He appeared to be all over the field and showed good pursuit on several plays. Kehl also caused a fumble in the game. He has put himself in a great position to be a key backup and special teams player in 2013.
Trending: Up
William Compton - Compton had another good game as well and was often paired with Kehl in the middle. The two did a fantastic job of communicating and Compton again showed good instincts and competency at the "Jack" position.
Nick Barnett - Barnett ended up not playing against the Bills so this Thursday will be his last chance to get some game action in before Week 1.
Marvin Burdette - Burdette was more active in the Buffalo game and made it through the cuts last Tuesday. He is looking like a prime candidate for the practice squad.

Position Battles: Outside Linebacker
Brian Orakpo - Orakpo sat out again against the Bills. By all accounts he is healthy, but coaches are going to sit him the rest of the preseason before he is unleashed on the Eagles in the Monday night opener.
Ryan Kerrigan - Kerrigan did not shine individually the same way he did against the Steelers, but he is obviously ready to go as the Redskins head into the final preseason game.

Rob Jackson - Jackson had his best preseason game last Saturday. He seemed more active and around the ball, which led to a fumble recovery in the second quarter.

Brandon Jenkins - Continuing an impressive preseason, Jenkins had a great sack in the first quarter in which he had been knocked to the ground but did not quit and was able to reach up and sack Kevin Kolb. Jenkins' speed and motor are really going to be assets in 2013.

Darryl Tapp - Tapp also had another impressive game. He continued to show good strength and pursuit of the quarterback. He batted down a pass in the second quarter and then had a sack in the final two minutes of the first half. Based on the what we have seen out of him and Jenkins, the team will be in good hands while Jackson is serving his suspension.

Vic So'oto - So'oto made it through the first round of cuts but still has an uphill battle to make the team. He did not stand out against the Bills.