• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Like in Boston.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis, St Louis, Little Rock...the list goes on.

Detroit!!
I can't think of Little Rock as a major city...used to fly into it to visit the inlaws and was amazed by how little was there. Didn't seem much more major than Springfield, MO.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a bunch of bullshit, which Hammer likes to pound away at every day. Boston is no different than other cities. It's as diverse as anywhere else in the country.

If not, more so with all different kinds of cultures. You got Puerto Rican, Dominican, Cape Verdian, and Dominican. Probably only New York is as diverse.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way, if anybody deserves asterisks, it's Montana and Young, because Jerry Rice has ADMITTED CHEATING.

Rice admits to ?illegal? use of stickum | ProFootballTalk

they did get whacked for serious salary cap violations.

From 1999:
As if its ownership squabbles, the search for a new running back, and a new stadium that is receding into fantasy land weren't enough, the San Francisco 49ers are now being investigated by the National Football League for allegedly cheating on the salary cap.
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed Friday that the league's management council, which oversees its collective bargaining agreement, is looking into a report that the 49ers played fast and loose with the salary cap while suspended co-owner Eddie DeBartolo was running the team.
Aiello also confirmed that John York, husband of DeBartolo's sister and 49ers co-owner Denise DeBartolo York, tipped off the league to the possibility that the salary cap may have been circumvented. John York is now running the 49ers' front office.
"This would be yet another nail in Eddie's coffin, but it's too soon to tell if it's a true wrong," said a source close to the Yorks.

But yet Charles Haley comes out about the Pats SB wins are all tainted. Once again, pot calling the kettle black.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston is our planet's butthole. It's to the world what Pats fans are to the NFL.

:lame::L. NE has some of the best schools like Harvard, Brown Yale and MIT, prob never heard of them, and highest intelligence. Sorry to burst your bubble, but when does your hatred and BS just end?. Here is a poll of top 10 racist states in country, and shocking not 1 state from NE, remember we were in the union fighting against slavery. Your TN is right in mix, shocking

Top 10 Most Racist States in America - Atlanta Blackstar

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame::L. NE has some of the best schools like Harvard, Brown Yale and MIT, prob never heard of them, and highest intelligence. Sorry to burst your bubble, but when does your hatred and BS just end?. Here is a poll of top 10 racist states in country, and shocking not 1 state from NE, remember we were in the union fighting against slavery. Your TN is right in mix, shocking

He lives in the Land Of Delusion. You can't reason with people like that. He's going to take that axe to grind to his grave. So be it!!

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they did get whacked for serious salary cap violations.

From 1999:
As if its ownership squabbles, the search for a new running back, and a new stadium that is receding into fantasy land weren't enough, the San Francisco 49ers are now being investigated by the National Football League for allegedly cheating on the salary cap.
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed Friday that the league's management council, which oversees its collective bargaining agreement, is looking into a report that the 49ers played fast and loose with the salary cap while suspended co-owner Eddie DeBartolo was running the team.
Aiello also confirmed that John York, husband of DeBartolo's sister and 49ers co-owner Denise DeBartolo York, tipped off the league to the possibility that the salary cap may have been circumvented. John York is now running the 49ers' front office.
"This would be yet another nail in Eddie's coffin, but it's too soon to tell if it's a true wrong," said a source close to the Yorks.

But yet Charles Haley comes out about the Pats SB wins are all tainted. Once again, pot calling the kettle black.

Yes. The 49ers are a long-time corrupt organization, with an owner who was banned for being a criminal in non-football matters.

But was what you're citing from actual Super Bowl winning years?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair the history is there although no area of the country is perfect.

Busing riots in the 60's and Bill Russell's house being defaced as well. I don't know of the number of KKK chapters in the state.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit:Right. Deadspin..a highly reliable source of information. :lol:

They talked to two people in Quincy.

I literally just picked the first link (of many). You can't be delusional enough to not know what's up with Boston.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not, more so with all different kinds of cultures. You got Puerto Rican, Dominican, Cape Verdian, and Dominican. Probably only New York is as diverse.

Actually, Los Angeles is way up there in diversity too -- tons of Asians, tons of Hispanics, and people from every ethnic group well-represented in any cold part of the country.

My Mayflower-descendant niece lives in Los Angeles County, for example. So for a while did the best friend I have of Sicilian descent. So for a while did another niece, who had a Hungarian father. When I grew up in Beverly Hills, my best friend's mother was from Lebanon or somewhere like that. (But most of the city was of course descended from European Jews.) Etc.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Busing riots in the 60's and Bill Russell's house being defaced as well. I don't know of the number of KKK chapters in the state.

Social media hasn't served Boston well either. The hateful, racist tweets towards Joel Ward and Torrey Smith...

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally just picked the first link (of many). You can't be delusional enough to not know what's up with Boston.

I'm not delusional. They have issues but Boston is no worse than L.A., Chicago, Atlanta, St. Louis, Dallas, NY or any other major city in this country.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PFF can't compare the 60's to now, a lot has changed and especially thanks to courage of Rosa Parks and those 4 children that refused to leave the front stools at a store. It happens everywhere, and if you have sections like Southie( Irish) North End Italian, they just dont like any outsiders, or not their nationality. Just a couple of dopes on here, point out some tweets or incidents and just generalize. I havent been to a lot of states, and dont believe just what I read, have to witness it first hand

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Social media hasn't served Boston well either. The hateful, racist tweets towards Joel Ward and Torrey Smith...

That's true! Some dumb ass hockey rogues give the city a bad name. But this is no different than racial slurs being thrown at football stadiums and basketball courts around the country. It happens, it's the world we live in but to single out Boston is having a head in the sand.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true! Some dumb ass hockey rogues give the city a bad name. But this is no different than racial slurs being thrown at football stadiums and basketball courts around the country. It happens, it's the world we live in but to single out Boston is having a head in the sand.

These are two of the most well documented cases of sports driven social media hate and they both stem from Boston. Coincidence?