• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
espn radio national on sirius, again it was "someone reporting"
It's probably a ballpark figure. If they were serious about signing Bell long term then they would have proposed that much, plus bonuses to sweeten the pot. He's crazy if he turned down $14mil per from a contender. Guess he cares more about the paycheck than the rings.

Disappointed Bell couldn't put his ego aside.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably a ballpark figure. If they were serious about signing Bell long term then they would have proposed that much, plus bonuses to sweeten the pot. He's crazy if he turned down $14mil per from a contender. Guess he cares more about the paycheck than the rings.

Disappointed Bell couldn't put his ego aside.
they said that the steelers came up significantly, and that bell turning this down showed he wants to see what he can get as a FA bc they hit his numbers......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that him saysing he wanted to be a steeler for life wasnt true or he would of taken the deal

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks they couldn't find common ground but it sounds like the Steelers went above & beyond what they usually do to get stars signed. I'm going to guess that Bell's hangup was the contract guarantees were front loaded. He wants a contract with duration guarantees.

Oh well. He's not going to find himself on a contender and he'll likely be another star that goes to diminish his career elsewhere. Not that I'm rooting against him (even though I sorta am), I'm curious to see how he fairs with another O-line that doesn't have the chemistry with him, and probably isn't as good. We shall see.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could do alot with 17 mill...

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks they couldn't find common ground but it sounds like the Steelers went above & beyond what they usually do to get stars signed. I'm going to guess that Bell's hangup was the contract guarantees were front loaded. He wants a contract with duration guarantees.

Oh well. He's not going to find himself on a contender and he'll likely be another star that goes to diminish his career elsewhere. Not that I'm rooting against him (even though I sorta am), I'm curious to see how he fairs with another O-line that doesn't have the chemistry with him, and probably isn't as good. We shall see.

He's not going to get common ground in Pittsburgh.....
He wants his money, the stadium name changed to Bell Field, and a key to the governor's mansion.....
And every time the Steelers gave him something he kept adding to the list of demands.
Fuck him, he's not in it for the team, the fans, or the city.....he just wants to be a greedy cvnt.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll have one mediocre season outside of Pittsburgh, but he'll work twice as hard to get that mediocre season.
Then he'll just tank it because he'll have his money, then spend the rest of his days crying like Willie Parker, Mike Wallace, Kordell Stewart, and a few others.......I wanna come back to Pittsburgh.....

Fuck you, too late, you lose.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going to get common ground in Pittsburgh.....
He wants his money, the stadium name changed to Bell Field, and a key to the governor's mansion.....
And every time the Steelers gave him something he kept adding to the list of demands.
Fuck him, he's not in it for the team, the fans, or the city.....he just wants to be a greedy cvnt.
Couldn't agree more.

Great talent. Best in the game. And enough of a turd that I don't want him on my team anymore.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like he has said all along... Repeat of 2017

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the fence with trading him. They have the space to keep him on the tag so I tend to think 1 more year of "super bowl or bust" mentality is in order. Aside from ILB they don't have any glaring holes, but they could look to do some serious upgrades to the defense if they did trade him.

Agreed.......but

And I don't know how true this is......
Word is transition tag bell next year so they can match any offer he is given.

I mean in reality I'd say just let him go. If he's been this much of a pain in the ass for the last 2 years, it's obvious he does NOT want to be here......but do they attempt this????

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.......but

And I don't know how true this is......
Word is transition tag bell next year so they can match any offer he is given.

I mean in reality I'd say just let him go. If he's been this much of a pain in the ass for the last 2 years, it's obvious he does NOT want to be here......but do they attempt this????
It’s sounds smart but I wonder what stipulations are in place for his situation. There’s always some hidden cba/nflpa bylaws that nobody’s ever heard of that seem to arise in these occasions.

If he has another good season then I’d lean towards yes. So long as the nucleus stays intact, there’s no reason not to want to keep it goin while Ben is still in the fold.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reading Bell's agent comments...they were encouraged to see the number go up to 5/70, but the signing bonus and 1st yr were the only guarantees (typical of all Steeler contracts) and I get the sense that's why no deal was signed apparently.

I'd like it to be, but somehow I get the sense that this is not over...If Bell has a great season it might be because I think TB will offer him probably a 4/60/40-45G type deal. They need a RB, need a big name to sell seats, and they will have the cap space.

But if he just has an okay season...the offers might not be there like he's expecting...he might decide to stay in PIT.

We shall see.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading Bell's agent comments...they were encouraged to see the number go up to 5/70, but the signing bonus and 1st yr were the only guarantees (typical of all Steeler contracts) and I get the sense that's why no deal was signed apparently.

I'd like it to be, but somehow I get the sense that this is not over...If Bell has a great season it might be because I think TB will offer him probably a 4/60/40-45G type deal. They need a RB, need a big name to sell seats, and they will have the cap space.

But if he just has an okay season...the offers might not be there like he's expecting...he might decide to stay in PIT.

We shall see.
Fingers crossed the FA market goes stagnant next offseason and it brings Bell back down to earth a little. But I could see a handful of teams making a play at him if their current group doesn't pan out: TB, MIA, BUF, NYJ, WAS, SEA, IND, OAK, ARI, DET

The cap space projections next year are pretty favorable for a lot of teams. IMO Bell shouldn't have any problem finding offers.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a Steeler argument, but....................

I can understand Bell's feelings..............he publicly said that if Sammy Watkins is worth $16M a year, then he (Bell) is worth $50M. As crazy as it may be, I have to agree with him. Bell is 10x more productive than Watkins, Cooks and most of the WR that making $15M or more. The NFL positional scale is trulyscrewed up when Nate Solder an OT is getting $15M and the Steelers are offering Bell $8M. I'm sorry, just doesn't make sense.

I'm hoping the Steelers brak the stupid NFL Positional mold and see fit to pay him his true value and worth.