• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's see your PFF mock

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1651070632367.png

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell did you get a #117 ranked player with your #252 pick?? I would call that an A+ not an A. Over, I like it.

I still think if you can get a trade with the Jets for their 2nd this year, and 1st next year for Bates, and attain a safety like Cine or Cross with that early second round pick we should probably go for it. Re-up Bell for another 3 years, let him tutor the new kid, see what we can do with extending Burrow, Higgins and Wilson instead of spending the money on Bates.

In that scenario, if we had done that trade with the Jets, get Alec Pierce with the other 2nd round pick.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell did you get a #117 ranked player with your #252 pick?? I would call that an A+ not an A. Over, I like it.

I still think if you can get a trade with the Jets for their 2nd this year, and 1st next year for Bates, and attain a safety like Cine or Cross with that early second round pick we should probably go for it. Re-up Bell for another 3 years, let him tutor the new kid, see what we can do with extending Burrow, Higgins and Wilson instead of spending the money on Bates.

In that scenario, if we had done that trade with the Jets, get Alec Pierce with the other 2nd round pick.
Because he was a most recent addition to the draft profile - he's not been around long enough yet to shoot up the boards. It's a "glitch" of the PFF system.

Much like when you get to round 6 there's usually nothing left by QB's and HB's....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, while I don't disagree with getting more for Bates than a Comp pick - I also realize the window to win is right now. As good as some of these other kids may be, they are not currently Bates level good. I think you have to weigh that option as well when looking towards what to do.

Plus, they can still tag him 1 more time. Not ideal - but still an option.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, while I don't disagree with getting more for Bates than a Comp pick - I also realize the window to win is right now. As good as some of these other kids may be, they are not currently Bates level good. I think you have to weigh that option as well when looking towards what to do.

True enough. I just look at who is due for contracts, and the way we have been hitting on the draft and spending in FA, the roster is getting expensive quick. I guess I would rather have Wilson over Bates if I had to choose which defensive player to spend money on.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you need to factor in Bates having a bad season this year.... He admitted himself that he didn't do well for most of the year because he was thinking about the contract. He was terrific in the postseason, but I think the stakes were a little different at that point. The Bengals won't do it, but if they were offered a first for Bates, they should take it as soon as humanly possible. Yes, it could be bad for morale.... But I'm not sure it will be better to have him pouting on day 1 of the season.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to factor in Bates having a bad season this year.... He admitted himself that he didn't do well for most of the year because he was thinking about the contract. He was terrific in the postseason, but I think the stakes were a little different at that point. The Bengals won't do it, but if they were offered a first for Bates, they should take it as soon as humanly possible. Yes, it could be bad for morale.... But I'm not sure it will be better to have him pouting on day 1 of the season.
If he's going to pout because he's getting $12.9 million guaranteed for this season to be the leader of the defense on a potential Super Bowl team, then I don't want him to ever play another game for this team.

Get your head in the game, ball out, lead the defense, make another playoff run, then cash in and hit the road.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A first? Yeah. I'd take that.

But, I still hold - this defense is Super Bowl ready now...taking away one of its to leaders, and playmakers, is a big risk. Not to mention, and correct me if I am wrong, the position isn't exactly deep either. Would mean needing to find a solid veteran in F/A after the draft, and likely spending 2 picks on Safety to ensure you get enough talent, youth, and at least 1 hits.

I'd likely hold onto him this year - continue to work on an extension - but likely tag him next year and look to trade.

All that being said - if he's absolutely made it known he is walking after this year (unless tagged of course) I would look to get a 1st or combination of 2nd and other picks. You're just not going to get that with a compensation pick.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1651169710681.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things I don't like about the PFF simulator:

You draft a kid around his slot and get a D grade....really?

Rounds 6-7 are nothing but QB's and HB's....

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it is pretty hokie. I have been seeing posts from Bills fans now thinking and wanting the Bills to draft Araiza at the end of the 4th round. His stock is rising, not holding steady to a 6th to 7th round selection.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah.... What I don't get is that even if you draft what they say is your needs (they say we need a G and C), with a player that is ranked above the slot you take him and you still get a B or lower. It's weird.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upon a quick review of this thread I don’t see that any of us selected anyone that the bengals chose.

Great job guys!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upon a quick review of this thread I don’t see that any of us selected anyone that the bengals chose.

Great job guys!
Maybe its because all of our draft experts stopped posting.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great job guys!
Hey, I know for a fact I had the kid from Toledo.

Can't prove it now, but several of my early run throughs had Dax to the Bengals, but then as I moved further into it - if Elam was dropping I was taking him, and then I sort of stopped focusing on him...so I don't think I have a mock on here that has him.

But, I think most of us nailed the positions. We knew that Safety and CB were going to be early targets...targeted a S/CB hybrid, and an Outside CB with the 1st two picks. I had several mocks with Brooks from UC to fill that 3-tech role, but the kid they got has more versatility, so hard to argue.

The rest are good fillers and guys for development.