• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's do this. Dak or Wentz as your QB moving forward

Dak or Wentz?

• Total voters

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny how eagle fans want to think Wentz' 11-2 season is who he is but want to act like Daks best record doesnt count. He already went 13-3. Kills your avg record theory. He has already won a play off game. Kills that theory as well.
Now as far as O-lines. many would tell you including Eagle fans the eagles has had better O-lines than the Cowboys. I would say except for 2016. As far as your running game. Go back to 2017 & take all the games that Wentz won & add up those rushing yards. You will find they're some pretty amazing rushing stats. In the games he won he had great rushing game to lean on. as far as WRs. I will say once Cooper got here. he has made a difference. However go look at who the WRs (& TEs for that matter) on the roster for the Cowboys before that trade. Some of the worst groups ever. Since then I agree that Cowboys have improved & have an advantage over the eagles. But all Dak has done with that is become the #1 offense in the league. he doesnt play on defense. I see no problem with taking Dak over Wentz. Stability at the most important position in Football. There is something to be said for that.
You mention taking a chance on Wentz making through a whole season vs. Avg. Dak Prescott.
Let me point out. in the 2 years Wentz played all 16 games. he has been lesser than Dak. So then there is that as well.

As an Eagles fan, I am elated that Cowboys fans and their front office view Prescott in this way. It will just extend the Cowboys recent run of futility in competing for a Super Bowl. Time will tell who is right.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Eagles fan, I am elated that Cowboys fans and their front office view Prescott in this way. It will just extend the Cowboys recent run of futility in competing for a Super Bowl. Time will tell who is right.
honestly. that might happen.
but it wont be because of Dak.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly. that might happen.
but it wont be because of Dak.

Outside of that, I really like the Cowboys roster and draft. If he can manage games like the 13-3 year and rise up for a three game run in the playoffs making plays it could happen for them. But here’s to praying it doesn’t happen, haha.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak. The NFL season is 16 games. Not 5.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly can't he do that he could do pre-injury? There aren't any ill effects of his knee injury. He's still making plays only a small handful of players are capable of making.

Eagles have done a horrible job the past two seasons of surrounding him with talent at WR that best takes advantage of his abilities. Now they have loaded up on speed so the Eagles are going to have one of the most potent offenses in the NFL.
your're right, hes been the same qb.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of that, I really like the Cowboys roster and draft. If he can manage games like the 13-3 year and rise up for a three game run in the playoffs making plays it could happen for them. But here’s to praying it doesn’t happen, haha.

Damn, you are so full of SHIT. If Dak can MANAGE, while with lesser numbers Wentz is great. Do you even read the shit you post?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, you are so full of SHIT. If Dak can MANAGE, while with lesser numbers Wentz is great. Do you even read the shit you post?

You can shove numbers up your ass. People who use stats to assess football are former high school soccer players that would need a YouTube tutorial to figure out how shoulder pads work.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awww...I’m sorry that I offended your delicate sensibilities because the Cowboys are the Illegal Immigrants Team
Has nothing to do with being a Cowboy fan dope

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea and im still not even a Cowboys fan
give it time...you are getting sleepy...

4651381_orig.gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y’all are signing up for a man who will never win a fucking thing in his life. He’s Jeff Blake Part 2. It makes much more sense to me to roll the dice on Wentz staying healthy. At least there’s a reward in that situation. With Dak you’re signing up for 8-8 to 10-6 every year and first round playoff exits.
Todays unrelated trivia question: which of the two has won a playoff game?
bonus points for anyone who knows how many playoff snaps Wentz has had...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can shove numbers up your ass. People who use stats to assess football are former high school soccer players that would need a YouTube tutorial to figure out how shoulder pads work.

Problem is you're ignoring facts and injecting homer emotions into your ideas.

Lay off the horseshit and open your eye's. When all is said and done Wentz very well could end up being much better, but with current information they are close to each other.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todays unrelated trivia question: which of the two has won a playoff game?
bonus points for anyone who knows how many playoff snaps Wentz has had...
gonna guess 7 snaps? :noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment isn’t based on an idea that Wentz has arrived or Wentz is some guarantee. I’ve seen what I need to see to from Dak to step out and say that guy can’t do it. You need a QB that can step up and throw a team on his back and will them to a victory. They don’t have to do it every week but the time will come in every season where that has to happen. The last time I saw a team win a Super Bowl that didn’t have that it was Ray Lewis Ravens QBed by Trent Dilfer. So what I’m saying is I’ll take the 15-20% chance Wentz can stay healthy and deliver over the 1-2% chance that Dak Prescott can lead a team to a Super Bowl championship. There are likely 10 guys in the league I would take for my franchise over either of these two names. Wentz would flirt with that top 10 if he could stay on the field.

todays second unrelated trivia question: which of the two has more come from behind wins?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your're right, hes been the same qb.

If anything he has improved with experience. His completion percentage has gone up and interception percentage down. He has maintained as one of the best redone QBs in the NFL.

Now he has WRs that will allow him to hit on the big plays that he wants to with his arm.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is you're ignoring facts and injecting homer emotions into your ideas.

Lay off the horseshit and open your eye's. When all is said and done Wentz very well could end up being much better, but with current information they are close to each other.

If you knew the game you would know that the issue with Prescott is his unwillingness or his inability to press the ball downfield. He has shown slight growth in this regard but nothing that flirts with fixing the issue. He absolutely has had talent around him in terms of protection and a run game to play action off of to provide that but he still has an unwillingness to take advantage when the defense gives him that. This is an issue that is difficult for a guy to rectify when he doesn’t have faith in his arm to go downfield. This is the ceiling his game has. If he can break through that ceiling I’ll own my shit and change my opinion.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC Dak had the 3 most passing attempts over 20 yards last year and one of the better passer ratings on such throws

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just wanna make sure I know what's going on here, I'm a little unsober at the moment. Is that Philly fan you were yapping with suggesting stats/numbers aren't a good way to judge what a player does on the field?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC Dak had the 3 most passing attempts over 20 yards last year and one of the better passer ratings on such throws
he is reading the same magazines as PE1 LOL

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys fans talk a ton of shit for being fans of an also ran who got their shit pushed in by practice squad players in the defacto NFC East championship game.