• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Discuss the Chargers Draft...

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st Round - Fluker. After much consideration - I like it. He is not as high as the other 3 OTs, but that's ok. We need a ORT and an OLT. We got the overall #1 ORT in the draft, and probably the best overall run blocker in the draft. He can line up at ORT for us for the next decade.

Also, now we can cut Clary (who single handidly gave up 11 sacks last year), and pocket about $4 million.

2nd Round - Don't stop now. I know we have multiple needs, but Fluker alone cannot cure our o-line. If we are depending on freaking King Dunlap to protect Rivers, we are in trouble. We need to seriously consider taking either Watson or Armstead for the 2nd Round pick. Some feel Watson can line up at OLT. Personally - I like Armstead better.

If we get Fluker and Armstead, we have solidified the outside of our o-line for years to come.

3rd Round - Don't stop now. Again - let's fix the o-line. How good could we be if Rivers has time and Matthews has holes??? Take a guard. There are 3 good ones out there. Warford, Winters, and Thornton. Doubt Warford will still be there, but you never know. Winters and Thornton are strong possibilites to still be there.

Thoughts?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well nearly the 3rd round and armstead, warford, winters, and Thornton are all still available. Gotta get 1 of them after the teo pick.

Great discussion so far guys!!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More details on the DJ Fluker signing...

Last edited by a moderator:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchise RT, imo. Great signing!

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to get someone dependable in the OLT slot or Rivers is going to have another shaky year. We also need to do something about the run game as Matthews has been an absolute bust. My only positive out of this off-season is that my wife is an Oakland Raiders fan and I can give her shit about Ron Jaworski ranking the Raiders' QB, Matt Flynn, as #32 in the NFL.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to get someone dependable in the OLT slot or Rivers is going to have another shaky year. We also need to do something about the run game as Matthews has been an absolute bust. My only positive out of this off-season is that my wife is an Oakland Raiders fan and I can give her shit about Ron Jaworski ranking the Raiders' QB, Matt Flynn, as #32 in the NFL.

OLT was our #1 concern, and it went unaddressed in the draft. However, they did sign Max Starks - hopefully he will work out.